Author Topic: Legendary Comic Book Heroes  (Read 13088 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Legendary Comic Book Heroes
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 08:58 AM »
Very awesome. I cant wait to find them. Pitt is just very cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 01:09 AM »
Found an entire endcap to these at Walmart tonight, and am in the process of putting Pitt together right now. I haven't bought a Marvel Legends figure since Hasbro took over (although I did get an Icon Silver Surfer tonight), but a BAF Pitt that looks this great was impossible to pass up.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Saw Savage Dradon and Judge Death (1 of each) at Walmart today. I would have bought the full set if they had it but i passed on the 2 they had.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 10:30 PM »
I picked up a set of 6 tonight and built Pitt.  I found them at a WM on clearance already for $7 each.  When I noticed that I decided not to pass them up.

The Pitt figure is incredible.  I have two issues with mine, the elbow in the left arm doesn't have the "click" positining so he can't hold some poses and the upper body is so heavy the hip joints have a hard time holding him.

I might snag a second right arm if I can get another cheap but I don't know.  That one most won't have to worry about but the weight and the hip joints may be a problem with a lot of them.  Still, overall, it's an incredible figure.  And well worth the price, especially on sale like that.

I haven't gone through the basic line yet to know if I'm going to keep any of them but I may hold onto Witchblade and maybe Judge Dredd.  The rest, although they look good, just aren't up my alley as collectibles.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 05:04 PM »
Pitt's been standing on my computer desk since I put him together and I still can't get over just how bulky he is.  I decided to compare him to the ML Sentinel and while that's quite a bit taller, Pitt wins out in sheer massiveness.  While I had them out I snapped a couple pictures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #35 on: September 2, 2007, 11:05 PM »
Anyone seen series 2 yet?

Aside from Judge Death, of course.  :)

John

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 6, 2007, 06:51 PM »
These finally showed in Canada.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 11:11 PM »
Is the scale on these meant to be 5" or 6"?  They seem small, aside from Pitt :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2007, 11:43 PM »
They're 6" for the most part.  I think they did some smallish characters because the Pitt figure was so large.  The sculpts on some like Madman, Dragon, Witchblade...they're good, but they're not overly involved nor do they have a lot of paint apps.

I wasn't really keen on any of the figures from the first wave but the Pitt figure is awesome and I was more then happy to buy them for that figure.

E...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2007, 01:35 PM »
I picked up Stryker today. I am not sure if anyone here is still buying these but if anyone has any extra Monkeyman parts they are not going to use let me know. I dont want the entire wave. Thanks!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Ok, so i picked up Star and Marv. So basically now i only need 2 parts to finsih off Monkey Man. I dont mind picking up Judge Death, but don't want O'Brien. Does anyone have an extra right leg that they dont need?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 11:39 AM »
Not Legendary Comic Book Heroes but independant figures. unpainted pics of Maxx, Shadowhawk, and Scud.

Indie Figures

I am more than happy to buy both Shadowhawk and Maxx. They are reporting that they are going to tweak Maxx a bit before production. (bigger feet)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 02:25 PM »
It does look like they have a good handle on The Maxx.  I was never a Shadowhawk or Scud fan, though but I'll be interested to see what they do with Kabuki.

E...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 02:48 PM »
I have a hard time figuring out how this line ever made it to retail...my local Wally is already clearancing them as I don't think I saw more than 3-5 sell and that includes Christmas. 

Also, I also wonder if this line, Spidey3 and FF2 were why Wally didn't pick up the DCUC?

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2008, 10:57 PM »
I'm waiting for them to clearance here.  :)  I picked these up for the website archive then sold them, but I've wished I would have held onto them.  Other things have taken priority so I haven't wanted to spend $10 a pop again, but I'll pick them up again if they're a bit cheaper.  I am kind of kicking myself for not buying a Marv that I saw yesterday, though I did find the Madman variant for the first time at the same store.  Honestly I didn't even know they made a Madman variant until yesterday.

John