Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 60613 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2007, 11:30 PM »
Got my Concept Luke today, as well as a email that my droids have shipped.

It's kind of sad that these beleaguered exclusives were much easier for me to obtain than the Concept figures in the basic line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 27, 2007, 04:51 PM »
If anyone is still looking, I just checked over at HTS.com, and the McQuarrie Luke Skywalker is currently in stock.  I'm sure it won't be for long, but just a heads up for anyone still looking to pick this one up.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 27, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! This was the only Mcquarrie figure I'm missing at the moment and was just able to order 1. And here I thought I was going to have to pay out the nose for one on feebay.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Thanks to a tip from Dressel I was able to get one from HTS, thus completing my exclusive McQuarrie collection until SDCC. I could have gotten one earlier this month from Darth Kenobi but I didn't have the money at the time so I ended up paying a few dollars more, but $22 is better than paying double that on eBay.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2007, 02:09 PM »
...and now he's gone.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2007, 02:53 PM »
He's still coming up as "in stock" for me, after refreshing and all that.  I've been kind of surprised he's been in stock this long, but maybe these aren't quite as limited as originally thought.  Hopefully everyone will be able to get what they are looking for, and they do the same with the SDCC McQuarrie Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2007, 10:41 AM »
He's still coming up as "in stock" for me, after refreshing and all that.  I've been kind of surprised he's been in stock this long, but maybe these aren't quite as limited as originally thought.  Hopefully everyone will be able to get what they are looking for, and they do the same with the SDCC McQuarrie Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Not picking on you Brian, but I just don't believe anything is limited unless there happens to be a specific edition size attached to it.  It's the biggest reason why I refuse to get worked up about pretty much anything Hasbro does these days.  I'm still appreciative of many of the toys they put out, notably and especially the McQuarrie figures, but show exclusive or not, there's just too damn many of them to pay a premium or get stressed. 

Yeah, I might pay a hair over retail and add in some shipping costs but that really only applies to show exclusives.  For anything else, I can wait a year if I have to.  Figures just aren't rare any more (and probably never really were). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Yeah, I'm starting to get that same outlook on things Brent.  Like many of us talked about when these C4 exclusives were announced, why would they tool up an all-new figures to only release a limited number of them?  There seems to be some truth to what we're thinking, because it seems like both sets are now fairly available (even though they are more expensive).  The key is patience I guess, which I have to keep telling myself.  Hopefully the McQuarrie Yoda and Obi-Wan will be as easy for everyone to pick up.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 29, 2007, 03:32 PM »
I completely agree with that thinking. Look at the UGH figs from last year. Hold out a bit longer and if you wanted them but couldn't find them before you can probably pick up a set now for near retail. $10 a fig at the most. Of course the lava vader may be the exception but only because it had an announced edition size. Even then it's only a $15-$20 figure without shipping.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 2, 2007, 09:21 AM »
I finally got around to opening a set of each since having bought them at CIV. Fun figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."