« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:57 PM by BrentS »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: 24
« Reply #286 on: April 14, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Hell of a twist, though.  Thought the bare hand was a bit excessive.

So Jack's daughter went straight to the stem cell extractor, right?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #287 on: April 14, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Something about Tony didn't sit quite right with me after it was revealed that he was a "double agent" and after last night twist I guess my feelings were warranted.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #288 on: April 14, 2009, 08:51 PM »
I'm curoius about the whole Tony thing though.  I don't think he's working for Starkwood.  I think he will either:

A- Sell the bio-weapon to the highest bidder.

B- Try to take out DC with it because he hates the Federal Government.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 14, 2009, 11:25 PM »
Sad to see Larry Moss buy it, but I'm thinking it'll open the door for Renee to jump into Jack's bed. I also think that once Jack finds out about Tony's betrayal, he's going to want to be healthy enough to go after him....

Hmm, now that I think about it, when Renee was talking to Larry about Kim, Tony was surprised to hear about Kim. Hopefully, Tony doesn't go after Kim; she's had a messed up life as it is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2009, 10:27 AM »
24 may have jumped the shark. My wife and I discussed not watching it anymore.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2009, 10:42 AM »
It's tough... this season has had some of the most thrilling early shows I've ever watched.  Heart-in-your-throat for 30 minutes type stuff.  But it seems to have ground to a halt the past few weeks... mostly I think it's Jack being unavailable.

Tony has to be working for somebody other than Starkwood.  He wouldn't have blown up the bio-weapons there, effectively neutering them, if he was trying to help them achieve their goals.  I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a triple-agent... using the canister to get to the higher-ups of another conspiracy.  Killing Moss would be extreme, but he might be willing to take on some collateral damage to take down the bad guys.  Moss was badly wounded, after all.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Don't read the "TV News: April 29th 2009" link up at Dark Horizons today... pretty huge spoilers.   >:(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Don't read the "TV News: April 29th 2009" link up at Dark Horizons today... pretty huge spoilers.   >:(

I saw something along those lines in a USA Today last week. (So I know some of the who what where when...)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2009, 12:11 AM »

I'm upset with last night's episode. Here we were having a good season and the writers go and put Kim in another damsel in distress situation like every other season she's been in. I thought for once her role would be the dutiful daughter who turns around and tells Dad that she's going to save his life for once. But, no. She's been held 'captive' to persuade Jack to help the terrorists. Ugh! Now I only hope she is finally killed off so that there is no way this can happen again.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2009, 08:00 AM »

I'm upset with last night's episode. Here we were having a good season and the writers go and put Kim in another damsel in distress situation like every other season she's been in. I thought for once her role would be the dutiful daughter who turns around and tells Dad that she's going to save his life for once. But, no. She's been held 'captive' to persuade Jack to help the terrorists. Ugh! Now I only hope she is finally killed off so that there is no way this can happen again.

I don't think that will happen...I have heard they are already casting an older version of her daughter for next season.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2009, 01:07 AM »
The finale ticked me off.  I can't beleive I invested 24 hours in the frakkin' show and they give me major cliffhangers - probably to be resolved in a two hour special some time this fall. 

I enjoyed the season but the meta-conspiracy is starting to have an X-Files type vibe to it.  Ever expanding, ever nefarious, never explainable.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23 AM »
True...but they need something to keep chasing, and to connect the seasons and they made some progress on it this go round.

Overall Ithought it was a good season...Kim wasn't the damsel in distress she usually is and the Tony playing both sides was a nice twist.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2009, 01:40 AM »
I didn't really care for the ending of the season either but overall Day 7 was a pretty good season.  Of course I probably would have sat through it just to see Annie Wersching do...well, about anything.  That's a hot girl.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2009, 08:18 AM »
I thought it was a very good season with many good twists and turns, but the finale was disappointing.  I did like the president turning in her own daughter, I thought that was awesome. :)