Author Topic: 24  (Read 72512 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 24
« Reply #390 on: May 6, 2014, 09:46 AM »
I managed to keep my streak alive of having watched every single episode of this show live in real time.

I thought it was solid if unspectacular. I figured they would have upped the ante a little more since TV has sort of caught up to them the past few years with shows like Homeland. But it felt more or less like every other season.

It's been so long now I can barely remember the players anymore. Jack and Chloe and the Hellers are old favorites of course, but I dont recall if we are supposed to know her husband or Benjamin Bratt's character.

The stick thin blond just struck me as annoying...I foresee a lot of tiresome noise with her until she eventually pulls her head out of her ass and gets on board Team Jack. At least they've only got 8 more episodes so that should speed things along.

The Dragon Tattoo stuff was laid on a little thick with Chloe but I enjoyed seeing them smack around the Assange-clone a little bit.

Super psyched to see John "Episode 7" Boyega as the Drone Pilot though, your star is rising, baby!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 6, 2014, 11:12 AM »
I watched this last night and thought it was pretty good.  I know when 10:00 rolled around and knew I'd have to wait another week to see more I was pretty agitated. 

I've missed seeing Yvonne Strahovski on a weekly TV show so it was good to have her on 24, but I don't know where they're going with her character and 24 does have a track record for doing some kinda stupid things with certain characters (pretty much anything to do with Kim).  Chloe's turn is kinda interesting, nothing in her CTU character ever suggested she'd go goth, though and the comparison to Dragon Tattoo seems kinda spot on.

Bratt and Donovan's characters are new.  I think it was just Jack, Chloe and the Heller's coming back so far.  I would definitely geek over an Aaron Pierce (Glenn Morshower) cameo though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 6, 2014, 12:13 PM »
My wife doesn't care for "24" (mainly due to the torture stuff), but when she saw Yvonne Strahovski, she said she wondered if that was supposed to be Kim Bauer.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 3, 2014, 02:02 PM »
http://www.wat.tv/video/24heures-chrono-solitary-71fpl_3i21n_.html

24: Solitary short starring none other than the second most bad ass dude in the 24 universe, Tony Almeida.

If this gets us another season with Tony, Chloe, Kate and that mercenary dude Jack hired in London kicking Commie ass and rescuing Jack, I'm all for it.
Common sense isn't so common