Author Topic: 24  (Read 72517 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:42 PM »
Okay, don't know if there was a thread over here or not, but I couldn't find it!

Just wanting to see how you guys took to the two night season premiere?? What an explosive ending, huh??
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
Re: 24
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:41 AM »
Real quick, it's been intense as hell, with some real surprises right out of the box. It's been well worth the wait.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:42 AM by The Core »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:52 AM »
What an explosive ending, huh??

No pun intended, right?  ;)

All I can say is, "Wow!" As The Core said, it's been really intense from the beginning and from what the commericals are saying, it's gonna be a different kind of show this year in terms of pace. It seems like Jack and co. are just one step behind Fayed but Fayed is just doing his job to lay a path of destruction before Jack finally catches up to him. I mean they're way ahead of even the gov't which is looking pretty incompetent at the moment. I just think Wayne feels he has large shoes to fill in regards to David, but in the end I think this test is going to strenghten him.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 11:18 AM »
Being tortured for the past two years has definatley hardened Jack up and I love the part where he literally took a bite outta crime.  I didn't really care for him wimping out last night and breaking down.  My god how long did it take him to get a cell phone?  This show simply wouldn't exist if he didn't have one.  Four hours was a bit too much too swallow over a two night period, but I appreciated it.  They always have to set up a cliffhanger before commerical, so that was particularly unenjoyable as always.  Looks like it's going to be a kick-ass season so I'm really looking forward to the rest of it....along with Prison Break.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Great topic... this is my favorite show on television.  I'm addicted to it.  I can see if someone just now gets into the show, it might be a little hard to really get into it (I have a friend who just started, he has all these questions about understanding Jack - the only thing I know to tell him is that he needs to see the previous 5 seasons, especially with how season 5 ended due to what happened in season 4 - the cross overs are outstanding).  But being into all the seasons so far, I think the way Jack reacted to how hour # 4 ended was perfect.  He's devoted his life to prevent the unthinkable from happening, but now it just happened.

He's a broken man who seems to have only one thing left - love for this country.  He's lost his wife, it's impossible to have a relationship with Audrey, his daughter is no longer part of his life, almost all his friends have been killed, he just had to shoot Curtis, etc.  He seems to be cursed because everyone he loves dies but he lives on, and only experiences more and more grief the older he gets.  What a character.  And tough as they get.  I can't wait to see what happens with the rest of this season, and saw the preview where he has a gun to the head of the guy that was pulling President Logan's strings last season.

Wow.  I think after what just happened, Jack is going to be even more of a bad a$$.

;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Missed Sunday night's opener because our power went out 15 minutes before 8pm and was out for almost two hours.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 04:11 PM »
My question is: do you think Jack killed Curtis or did he disable him? Looked pretty lethal especially since Jack had to avoid all the armor Curtis was wearing, but they haven't said for certain... I liked Curtis.  :-\ Seems like the writers kill off all the likeable characters... maybe I should start liking Chloe more.  >:(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 04:41 PM »
Looked to me like a clean shot to the neck.  I don't understand why Jack couldn't have disabled him as he's done it before without killing the shooter.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 07:19 PM »
I agree Jack is a broken man!! When interrogating the suspect with Assad, he couldn't make himself go further, he took the terrorist's word that he didn't know anything! What he saw in his eyes wasn't that the terrorist didn't know anything, but the fear he had. It's the same kind of fear and pain Jack felt for the past 2 years with the Chinese! It took Assad to finish the questioning!!

Oh and Curtis is indeed dead. The guys at the other site pointed out that the actor's name was guest starring and not just one of the regulars He's gone from the show for good. Oh and the 24 website's episode recap states that Jack had to kill Curtis. So Curtis is gone.

The ending was phenomenal! I had a inkling that what occurred would happened, just because they were going so far outside of the city, it left it open for something to go off, without it killing the large amounts of people had it gone off in the LA area!!

Glad to see 24 fans in here, it's only the begining folks, it's going to be one hell of a ride! Oh and it'll take a while, but Jack will come back to form, no worries!! ;)
-Vincent

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 08:11 PM »
Yeah, I'm really into it too...

I just started last season so I'm fairly new. I bought seasons 1-5 on DVD and in the middle of 3 right now.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 12:22 AM »
Good luck with catching up Chris.  I love this show, but can not bring myself to watch the older seasons, mainly after knowing all the suprises in them, I don't need to watch them again.

I listen to Rush Limbaugh a lot, and he's a big fan of the show and friends with the cast and producers.  He's seen the first 8 episodes of the show and has said that the next episode has a big "oh ****" moment in it similar to the end of hour four.

He didn't give anything away though, which is pretty cool.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 07:25 AM »
Missed Sunday night's opener because our power went out 15 minutes before 8pm and was out for almost two hours.

They had a commercial on Monday saying that they would sell the first four hours on DVD starting yesterday.  Kind of a pain to have to go pay for a disc, but that is an option if you really need to see it.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 09:32 AM »
I just started last season so I'm fairly new. I bought seasons 1-5 on DVD and in the middle of 3 right now.

Well funny, I got into the first season, but completely avoided seasons 2-4. I did not want to watch them because of their addicting behavior!! But I did catch season 5, and it was the best season yet!! So you definately have something to look forward too. And some issues from season 3 or 4 come back to haunt Jack in season 5!! You'll see!!

Anton, there's always bit torrent. Hell even before they aired, the complete 4 episode season premiere was on bit torrent!
-Vincent

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Yeah, I'm really into it too...

Awesome!  I have seasons 1-5 on DVD too.  Watched each season over the past 6 months.  I was so glad that season 5 was released last month.  I think that each season has gotten better, but I really like the early seasons with the Nina Myers twists.

;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Nina; that bitch  >:(
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird