Author Topic: 24  (Read 72507 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 24
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 10:52 PM »
Well then isn't this a real Luke-I-Am-Your-Father type moment...

It's also kinda ridiculous.  One of my big complaints about Alias (when my girlfriend was watching) was all the inter-familial stuff they had going on... turned the CIA into one big soap opera.

Shame when they constantly do the same thing with a show I actually like.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 10:56 PM »
I realized Gray was Jack's brother when they said "Jack had a brother" since we'd seen him in the previews for tonight's episode and we hadn't seen him yet. It's one of those twist the writers love to throw out. Edit: But as for anytime before that, no idea.

We saw Fayed had some suitcases in the van, but did he have all 4 of them?? I can see that they would have someone plant in the presidential bunker... there's always a baddie on the inside.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:57 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 02:06 AM »
there's always a baddie on the inside.

Anyone else think it'll be Morris?  He was Mick/Mr. Jones on La Femme Nikita afterall.  Besides, he seems shady enough that the brit looking for a new detanator guy will find his way to Morris.

As for Jack's brother?  I did not see that coming!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2007, 07:22 AM »
No, not even long time fans I think saw this coming! That was totally from left field! I mean all we saw of Paul Crane was that he was one of the jugglers directing President Logan on what to do! But that's it, nothing to even hint that he was Jack's brother.

I have watched every season and I was still like holy **** when Jack called him.  My wife had forgotten who the guy was from last season so she didn't understand why I was freaking out about it.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I was hoping Donald Sutherland would play Jack's dad...would've been cool.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2007, 09:10 AM »
$10 says that the kid is Jack's too.

Good call - my wife said the same thing.

If you really look at the kid, it's quite obvious!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2007, 09:18 AM »
$10 says that the kid is Jack's too.

Good call - my wife said the same thing.

If you really look at the kid, it's quite obvious!

Yep and the kid's name is Josh Bauer. Josh starts with J, Jack starts with J. I'd say it's a no-brainer.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2007, 10:19 AM »
I really, really, hope they don't have a mole! Man can't CTU go through a season without a mole!! >:(
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I'll call it now. Chloe's husband is the mole and she off's him in the season finale and then becomes a field agent  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2007, 10:56 AM »
I'll call it now. Chloe's husband is the mole and she off's him in the season finale and then becomes a field agent  :P

I hope it's the other way around... Morrie pops her and releaves us of Chloe's whining and grumpiness. Of course, Chloe did mow down some baddie with a machine gun a couple seasons ago.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 09:06 PM »
Does Karen Hays belong in National Security?? Or she trying to avoid what happened in WWII and the Japanese?
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2007, 10:27 PM »
So I'm watching this show for the first time this season (except for one episode I saw a year or two ago), and it's good and all, but there's one thing I can't seem to get past--just how connected everything seems to be.  Character A knows Character Z, who knows Character B, who knows Character Y, and so on.  It's the same problem (or at least one of many) I have with the Star Wars prequels, and to a greater extent, the EU, and to an even greater extent, the crappy SW fanfic.  Maybe that makes it easier to tell the story or something--I don't know--but it just makes everything feel real small and unrealistic and soap opera-y.

So is this a reasonable thing to take issue with, or should I just forget it, and enjoy the show for what it is?

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Most of the people knew people from previous seasons, because they all worked together.  The only new connections this season are Jack's brother and father.  That's kind of convenient based on what Graham did last season.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2007, 10:47 PM »
Yeah, the dad and the brother is kinda mainly what I'm talking about.  A can buy the people at (in?) CTU all knowing each other, as well as many of the people working around the president.

I gotta say, I was about ready to throw in the 24 towel tonight, until James Cromwell showed up at the end.  What an excellent, underrated actor he is.  I'll probably stick around just to see what happens with his character.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2007, 10:56 PM »
So I'm watching this show for the first time this season (except for one episode I saw a year or two ago), and it's good and all, but there's one thing I can't seem to get past--just how connected everything seems to be.  Character A knows Character Z, who knows Character B, who knows Character Y, and so on.  It's the same problem (or at least one of many) I have with the Star Wars prequels, and to a greater extent, the EU, and to an even greater extent, the crappy SW fanfic.  Maybe that makes it easier to tell the story or something--I don't know--but it just makes everything feel real small and unrealistic and soap opera-y.

So is this a reasonable thing to take issue with, or should I just forget it, and enjoy the show for what it is?

Putting differences aside, I completely understand what you're saying.  I have a friend who is watching it for the first time this season, who is saying basically the same thing that you are regarding how connected everythings seems to be.  Seeing all the previous 5 seasons makes it easier to allow I think for all the personal connections/etc. that the writers try to intertwine in the script.  For me it's enjoyable that way, but if I hadn't seen the previous seaons I'd actually probably have a hard time to get into it at this point.

I hope you give this season a chance, because it really is a fun show and my favorite on TV.  Sometimes Target has Season 1 on sale for just $19.99, which really is a great buy and you might like it.  I jumped in on the 24 bandwagon really in Season 4, after seeing bits and pieces of the other seasons.  After Season 4, I bought Season 1 and was hooked. 

I don't know if anyone posted this or not, but this is coming out this year from Mcfarane -

:P