Author Topic: 24  (Read 72530 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 24
« Reply #150 on: April 4, 2007, 01:35 PM »
Perhaps if I up the ante on exclamation points, this will be your reply!! ;)

You should totally do that.  I'm sure everyone would enjoy it.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 4, 2007, 01:42 PM »
Just testing ya!! Oh and do you still want to race with moi!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #152 on: April 4, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Just testing ya!! Oh and do you still want to race with moi!!

Sure, as long as you promise never to refer to yourself as "moi," ever again.  'Cause the first thing that sprang to mind when I read that was "well, that's what Miss Piggy calls herself," and you don't want people comparing you to Miss Piggy, do you?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline sntee25

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 4, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Thing is, they like you two, so even if you are trolling looking for confrontation, they'll look the other cheek!! I

1. Nobody likes Matt.  ;)
2. I'm not looking for a confrontation.
3. What does looking the other cheek(!!) involve?

Kevin

I may be the noob around here but not to forums.  Isn't it a mods job to keep the thread's on point?  I fail to see what this reply has to do with 24.  LJ I think your personality is threatening to some.  That is not a dig.  It speaks more to the individual(s) who feels threatened.  But that is not 24-related so...

Day 6 is not favorite season by any means and I will have to watch the whole thing again after to see if I missed something.  It truly lacks the great characters of last season.  Where's Jack and Chloe?!?!  Two of the best actors on the show are virtually nonexistent to this point with a few minor exceptions.  Less Milo and Nadia and more Jack please.  I'll even take more little Ricky because he has something big in store for us.
It's not just football, its Notre Dame football

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 4, 2007, 02:02 PM »
I'm sorry to have upset you sntee25.

My point must be lost to your higher logic.

Sorry.

24. Jack Bauer. Day 6.

Carry on.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #155 on: April 4, 2007, 02:13 PM »
I may be the noob around here but not to forums.  Isn't it a mods job to keep the thread's on point?  I fail to see what this reply has to do with 24.  LJ I think your personality is threatening to some.  That is not a dig.  It speaks more to the individual(s) who feels threatened.  But that is not 24-related so...

1.  Kevin's not a moderator.  He's a Noderator.  Big difference.
2.  You're right about Bertha:  I can feel my brain cells dying off one-by-one each time I read one of her vapid, exclamation-point-riddled replies, and that is very threatening to me, most-assuredly.
3.  The further this thread is taken off-topic, the better--it just makes it that more-interesting than the topic itself.

On that note, I fell asleep during the middle of the last episode.  I thought this was supposed to be "the" premier action show in all of television, and I tuned in to see Jack Bauer kicking asses all over the place.  Instead, I get a bunch of boring political and relationship garbage. 

Where's Jack?

Don't get me wrong--I'll still be tuning in for the rest of the season.  As I discovered the other night, it's quite the sedative.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 02:16 PM by Matt »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 4, 2007, 04:14 PM »
At least moderators on this board get the job because they can do it, not because they have the most nonsensical posts on a given board.  You know, they way a certain Rebel laden forum might do it.

On topic; As I sit here right now I actually can't tell you much about what happened on Monday's episode except the Pres launched his nuke even after fighting off the VP for his job.

The episode was that boring to me.  However, the season in general has been good even with the weaker episodes.  I still can't figure out the angle on Ricky's character other than I think FOX is setting up a spin-off series.  Unless they pulled the plug on their multi-year contract with Kiefer and they need a replacement for Jack next season.

Like all the seasons so far, I really have no idea what they're going to do next.  There are so many plot twists and threads going on that they can keep you guessing right till the end of the 24th episode.  And that is good TV no matter how boring an episode here or there might be.

On a side note, the only other show that keeps me on the edge of my seat week to week is Prison Break.  As long as 24 can keep doing that I'll be watching.

E... (who chose not to use an exclamation point in this post but hold no ill will for those that do use them.)
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 4, 2007, 04:23 PM »
On a side note, the only other show that keeps me on the edge of my seat week to week is Prison Break.  As long as 24 can keep doing that I'll be watching.

I've been a big fan of 24 since Season four but it's tough to sit through an hour of 24 now after watching Prison Break right before.  I never imagined that show would last past the first season, but I'm so hooked on that show now especially after Monday's season finale.  I've been getting bored with 24 and the fact that Jack's screentime is fading out doesn't help either.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 4, 2007, 04:59 PM »
The episode was that boring to me. 

See iI'm still at a loss as to why people think this episode was boring! Since I did miss season's 2 and 3, which supposedly this same scenario occrured, I'm not used to it! But I think even if I had seen it I would have still enjoyed last night's episode!! I mean I loved it, I love politics, and just loved the plays being made by everyone to keep their power!! Or in Lennox's case, for the betterment of the US. Guess that backfired huh? :o

Action for the sake of action, meh!! Of course last nights wasn't that action packed per say, but damn if that arm on the floor wasn't a bit of a shocker! ;)
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 5, 2007, 05:33 PM »
I'll even take more little Ricky because he has something big in store for us.

Right on.  He's a mole.

Not that I care anymore.  I've missed the last two episodes because of important events - the weather was nice.

And with that, I'm done with this season.

I need to reinstate my boycott of Fox....for the premature killing of television's smartest (and funniest) sitcom in the history of the universe. 

And no, it's not Stacked.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 6, 2007, 05:45 PM »
I'm still into this season, not my favorite by any means, but I love the VP Daniels scenes.  If Jack's not in a scene, I'm pulling for a Daniels scene ...in my opinion his scenes are some of the best.  Great actor, entertaining character.  Also I'd like to see Buchanan get pissed about something, love that character too.

The fact that the Russian had his arm cut off last week was awesome... made me a bit queezy, and I loved seeing Fayed get the hell beaten out of him at the bar. 

Looking forward to next week... I want to see a big gun fight or something soon, that lasts for a good 5-10 minutes. 

How many hours are left... eight I believe?  We need some serious action/twists in the next few hours to make up for a few slow episodes.

:P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #161 on: April 9, 2007, 10:20 PM »
We need some serious action/twists in the next few hours to make up for a few slow episodes.

Tonight's episode was the best of the season.

1. Prez. Palmer swinging those balls of his
2. The bait and switch with Fayed and the undercover CTU agents
3. Jack's ass kickin', neck snapin' and pulling a Indiana Jones on the garbage truck.
4. The John McClane-esque hanging of Fayed ala Die Hard
5. The return of horse face Audrey Raines and the Chinese

8)
« Last Edit: April 9, 2007, 10:22 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 9, 2007, 10:57 PM »
That was a kick-arse episode... made me think WTF??? is this the final episode?? And the Audrey being alive that was discussed here was revealed.

4. The John McClane-esque hanging of Fayed ala Die Hard

That's about right! Fayed must've had some adrenaline pumping after being interrogated by Jack and then fighting for his life... That nice heavy wrench to Fayed's hand/wrist made me cringe.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2007, 01:05 AM »
I loved that episode.

Spoiler may apply

When the van with Jack was ambushed and they got Fayed out I literally yelled at the TV "I hate this f'n show!" because they do that ALL the time with the bad guys being one step ahead.   After the truck went around the corner and Jack got up and we found out it was a plant I yelled "I love this show!!"

I'm quite positive my neighbor thinks I'm crazy.  I don't care. 

I loved the ending where Jack went all psycho on the terrorists, especially Fayed.  I'm guessing now the last 7 hours or so are going to be Jack going after the Chinese for the last 2 years of torture?  Interesting turn of events.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2007, 01:10 AM »
Loved the episode tonight.  Back to the action I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if Audrey was the price President Palmer had to pay to get Jack out.  Only thing besides Kim that would make Jack do something.