Author Topic: 24  (Read 72519 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 24
« Reply #375 on: May 24, 2010, 10:50 PM »
I haven't followed this entire season like I have in the past, but I REALLY wish Jack would have offed Logan (snake) and the Russian president when he had the chance in the first hour.  Oh well.  The movie is set up....I expected more from this 2 hour finale of 24 though - not nothing crazy like LOST, but I wanted more except for Jack taking off again.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 24, 2010, 11:23 PM »
I thought it was a good ending but I really, really wanted Jack to off Logan also.  It didn't actually end the way I was thinking it was going to end, though.  I thought it would end with Jack captured/in a hospital/somehow in custody but didn't.  It's sort of set up like the previous TV movie.

I'll go see a 24 film on the big screen, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2010, 06:32 AM »
Besides the obvious movie set up...why did the President tell Jack to run since the both the Russians and the US will be after him.  She is about to resign in disgrace, but could she at least sign a pardon for Jack before she resigns?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2010, 10:12 AM »
If she's going to resign, and submit herself to the attorney general, I don't know if a pardon would stick.  It certainly wouldn't look too good so I'm sure Jack would end up in jail.  He killed a lot of people, and not in the pursuit of solving a case, he just killed them.  And tortured a couple of them.  Even with a pardon, someone would be gunning to put him in jail.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47 AM »
I don't think there has ever been a case where a Presidential pardon was overturned...it is Constitutional power granted to the President.  With a full pardon of crimes, Jack couldn't go to jail.  It would be similar to Ford's pardon of Nixon.  Nixon had not been convicted and was pardoned and therefore never prosecuted.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2010, 11:51 AM »
The ending was okay, I guess, nothing spectacular.  The movies are all set up as others have said.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2010, 11:56 AM »
I enjoyed the ending, but it wasn't particularly spectacular.  I can't see Logan ever killing himself.  That just seemed completely out of character.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2010, 01:13 PM »
I enjoyed the ending, but it wasn't particularly spectacular.  I can't see Logan ever killing himself.  That just seemed completely out of character.

Except he almost did in a previous season when the conspiracy was going to be revealed.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Logan was a weak-minded coward.  I thought killing himself was exactly the type of thing he'd do.  But, he may not be dead.  He was still alive in the UN building so the writers always have an out if they decide they want him for something else.

E...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2010, 03:31 PM »
Yeah, he's still alive though possibly brain dead. I thought suicide would fit the weak-mind liar, too, though we really wanted Jack to do the douche-bag in.  ;)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2010, 12:20 AM »
I'm curious to see how a movie would play out.  I have a feeling Kim ends up in some sort of trouble and Jack has to rescue her.   ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 6, 2014, 12:08 AM »
Four years later:  anyone watching this?  Kind of cool to see Catelyn Stark in it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #387 on: May 6, 2014, 01:12 AM »
I'm in!  Glad to see this show back.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 6, 2014, 08:59 AM »
I'm Jack...errr back.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 6, 2014, 09:43 AM »
24: Season 9: Attack of the Drones

I wonder if Jack might die in this season and Kate (min-Jack) might take over his role.