Author Topic: BobaMOTSU  (Read 4525 times)

Offline BobaMOTSU

• Youngling
    • View Profile
BobaMOTSU
« on: January 16, 2007, 06:12 PM »
Hey all.  I am a former Scummer.  Actually I still check the site from time to time.  Either way, here I am.  I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a itty bitty little guy.  I have finally managed to get all of the original figures (loose), now I just need to get a display case to put them all in.  I had virtually every figure from 1995 to 2002 until about 2 years ago, I sold/traded them all.  Now I am concentrating on expanding my Boba Fett collection; statues, Kubricks, maquettes, figs, etc.  I have a daughter on the way (due May 19th), so my Star Wars figures should be safe.  I'm still getting a display case with a lock on it though. 
I would like to know how to add a image to a topic, as well as add a topic to a 'favorites' list.  I am also love to now what the Kubrick 'Bape Fett' is.  Gotta go. 
"Think he's after your kyr'bes?"
-Mirta Gev

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: BobaMOTSU
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Welcome to JD! Youll like this better than RS, I guarantee it. As for Boba Fett, he rocks! As for your two questions i dont really know Im relatively new and i always hav my dad help me out with posting pics. As for your upcoming baby, congratulations and good luck on the ultimate custom creation!

-RQ  8)

PS Be sure to check out my photonovel in March!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:09 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:41 AM »
Hey Boba,

Welcome aboard again and congrats on the kid...  Look around for anyone who maybe has some of the fett bits you need for your collection. 

About adding photos, you have to host the image somewhere (I use a photobucket.com account by the way, it's very convenient), and just click this button and add the link to the image from where you host it online.  Voila. :)

About a favorites list, honestly I don't know if we have one or not, haha...  I never used one before so that's not something I ever used otherwise.  Other staff might chime in but I'm thinking it's a feature we maybe didn't hang onto...  Not sure.

Anyway, welcome aboard JD and have a looksee around...  The more the merrier.  Bring a friend, all that stuff. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 03:56 AM »
Welcome to JD, Boba!  We're a group that encourages open discussion and friendly banter.  Enjoy!

I am also love to now what the Kubrick 'Bape Fett' is.  Gotta go. 

JD is the home of Kubrickaholics, so you've come to the right place to ask that question!  Check out our Features page for tons of info on Kubricks, as well as our Checklist for a list of everything released.

Here's a pic of the Bape Boba Fett here:

Offline BobaMOTSU

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:23 AM »
So is the 'Bape' boba the 'vintage' version, and the 'normal' Boba is the 'ROTJ' version?  Either way, I want them both.  And where does 'Bape" come in?  In that a acronym for something? 
-Mirta Gev

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 07:35 AM »
Welcome to JD BobaMOTSU :)

I have a daughter on the way (due May 19th), so my Star Wars figures should be safe.   

BTW --  there are a couple of us females here at JD who play with SW figures -- you're not out of the woods yet! ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:36 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:28 PM »
 ;D I still have mine! ;)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline BobaMOTSU

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 06:03 PM »
She needs to watch all of the movies first.  Either way, they'll be locked up.  I'll have to train this little Padawan in secret, my wife isn't the biggest Star Wars fan.
-Mirta Gev

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 07:17 PM »
I'm blamed routinely for bringing out the inner-nerd in my gf's youngest son...  It can be a rough road.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 04:03 AM »
Welcome to JD, Boba.  Glad to have ya' here!

So is the 'Bape' boba the 'vintage' version, and the 'normal' Boba is the 'ROTJ' version?  Either way, I want them both.  And where does 'Bape" come in?  In that a acronym for something? 

"BAPE" was the convention that it came from in Japan (Bape Gallery Medicom Toy Exhibit 03 in Tokyo, Aoyama Japan from June 7th to 29th 2003).  There might be as few as 150 of these ever made, so it's a tough grab (definitely keep it quiet around the Mrs. ;))  By the way, there's actually THREE Kubrick Boba Fetts: The vintage/proto one pictured above with the yellow and red gauntlets (both carded or in a seperate regular individual box).  Either way, this one'll be expensive, as the carded version runs $250 - $350 last I checked, while the boxed version (a VHTF chase figure) runs a good $125 or more usually.

The second version is the double red-guantlet ROTJ Fett, which is also a VHTF chase figure (boxed) that also runs $125+ these days, probably more.

The third version is the regular version of Fett from ESB with two green gauntlets and can be had for much cheaper.  I think maybe $25ish these days.

So good luck on the hunt for those, and let us know how you fare...  Enjoy the site, and I look forward to chatting with you 'round the boards here.

- Matt
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:18 AM by JediMAC »