Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 60622 times)

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #255 on: June 1, 2007, 12:20 PM »
I understand that this whole situation is ridiculous and frustating, but I reccomend that all those who ordered the figure, and if it's important for them to have the figure, to resume your order with the adjusted price. I say this because if you cancel your order there is no guarantee that they will be available if you finally decide to order them later.

Believe me I'm on your side (having gone to C-IV), HTS made a deal and they should stick with it. Obviously somebody over there screwed up and failed to disqualify the C-IV exclusive from their promo, and that person is in the doghouse. But, really, the company should honor their deal, just as SWS.com, dropped the price on the Lucas Family set after it many preorders were taken.

Hopefully HTS will come to their senses and honor your original deal, and credit your account accordingly,but if you really want the figure I wouldn't hold my breath. Lets face it HTS is not the most organized e-tailer. My account still lists an order as "unshipped" that I recieved months ago. My Kir Kanos comic packs came bent. My buddy ordered 10 DSTs, then was informed he could only order 2 at a time. He ended up completing 5 orders of 2, then the next day they cancelled ALL his orders. He called them and they said he couldn't order so many of the same figure, but they couldn't explain why all the orders were cancelled. Of course now they were out of stock.

Ideally the McLukes will be in stock long enough for the next big HTS promo, but there's no guarantee that they will (then again 501st SS anybody?). I know I've waited too long to order exclusives and had to pay heavily down the road to get what I wanted(at C-IV BTW).
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 1, 2007, 05:55 PM »
I just got word from a fellow collecting bud who ordered these. He had to talk to two people and eventually got a supervisor. That supervisor said they would send him some $3 off coupons to be used in store only.

So before you hang up with them if you call, ask to at least get some coupons for your trouble. It's just as good as the next thing.

And it's not like we aren't going to shop for toys again...

Not a perfect solution, but you get your money back in some form at least.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 1, 2007, 05:58 PM »
$3.75 per figure is the difference here right?  Plus the free shipping per order.

How many thousands of orders/figures do you think were effected by this?

I'm wondering how much money it would have cost Hasbro to just eat the difference.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 1, 2007, 06:13 PM »
There had to be at least 400 of these to order. So with the $3.75 that's $1500 dollars they would have to swallow.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 1, 2007, 06:36 PM »
I just got word from a fellow collecting bud who ordered these. He had to talk to two people and eventually got a supervisor. That supervisor said they would send him some $3 off coupons to be used in store only.

-Sal

It's just too late to make good on the price that they sold them for originally.  I might be an idiot for rationalizing things this way, but I'm not going to hang on the phone for 30 minutes to beg for a $3 coupon.

They didn't piss me off bad enough to stop buying their products, so...they win.

Congrats to Hasbro.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 06:42 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #260 on: June 1, 2007, 07:04 PM »

-Sal

It's just too late to make good on the price that they sold them for originally.  I might be an idiot for rationalizing things this way, but I'm not going to hang on the phone for 30 minutes to beg for a $3 coupon.

They didn't piss me off bad enough to stop buying their products, so...they win.

Congrats to Hasbro.

Did they piss you off enough to not order from HasbroToyShop ever again? I think there's a bit of difference here than oppose to never buying again from retail or another online shop. At the end of the day if you stopped buying all Hasbro products you've not hurt them as much as you've hurt their retail partners. Those partners have already bought their stock and are looking to recoup their costs and make a profit by selling to you. Hasbro doesn't mind since they already made their money on the products in this case. But if you stopped buying from HTS, then you're effecting Hasbro directly as they are losing out on more additional profit which while isn't reflected on the SW brand's ledger at year's end, is reflected on the overall corporation.

Seeing how HTS has treated their customer base during this situation (I do believe this isn't even the first instance of bad customer service effecting a large group), I'm hesitant to shop at HTS in the future and I didn't even order a Luke (I had my own **** up with the Display stands). So in essence what Roron mentioned about this experience passing onto others not involved has occurred and influenced my shopping  options in the future. I bet I'm not the only one either...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DarthRay2

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 1, 2007, 08:03 PM »
I'm not sure why, but this has really, REALLY angered me.

It isn't the money. It's how they responded to the situation.

It has soured me on Star Wars Collecting.

I was at Target and saw the new Vintage figures. I have wanted the Snowtrooper for a long time. I just got mad and walked away.

I called Hasbro Toy Shop and Hasbro. Both said "Too Bad". This is just bad business and they are destroying their goodwill. Many won't care. Many will remember. And some will be driven away.

I am done with Star Wars collecting. I canceled my order. I have taken down all of my figures and stuffed them in a box in the basement.

I am actually wondering why I ever bothered with it (likely because they were my favorite toys growing up).

I will not purchase anything from Hasbrotoyshop.com ever again. I will not buy and Star Wars branded merchandise ever again. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy any Hasbro branded product ever again.

Hasbro, if you are reading this, then remember that sometimes it's better to take a small financial hit in order to have a good PR image. Sometimes, a bad PR incident can haunt you for a long time.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 1, 2007, 08:07 PM »

So before you hang up with them if you call, ask to at least get some coupons for your trouble. It's just as good as the next thing.

And it's not like we aren't going to shop for toys again...

Not a perfect solution, but you get your money back in some form at least.

-Sal

I got one of those coupons once when I call to complain that the peg on the Saga Sandtrooper that I bought was broken upon opening. They informed me that they didn't have the spare part, but would send me a coupon. I was satisfied with that result. Not really the same deal though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 1, 2007, 09:01 PM »
Hasbro, if you are reading this, then remember that sometimes it's better to take a small financial hit in order to have a good PR image. Sometimes, a bad PR incident can haunt you for a long time.

I honestly don't think they care.  I wrote a nasty email to them and it was reflected.  I'm not going to cancel my order with them as I'm sure I'll never see this Luke again be it online or anywhere else for that matter.  Might as well just suck up your pride and stick with your original order.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 1, 2007, 09:10 PM »
I agree, Mike. We (used in loose general terms) can piss and moan and threaten to leave, but we're (still used in loose general terms) just a few in a legion of thousands. A few people that leave aren't gonna be missed by Hasbro.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 09:35 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 1, 2007, 09:15 PM »
Putting things in some measure of perspective, this could be much worse.  Anyone remember 2002 and the C2 exclusive Jorg Sacul?  No online availability whatsoever.  That is, unless you wanted to score it on eBay for $70+ at the time.

Obviously that doesn't correct Hasbro's mistake.  They screwed up.  But they are making the effort to get these show exclusives into the hands of collectors.  While I see that there's principle at work here, it also seems like people are quibbling over a few bucks.  And until people who didn't attend the show have to shell out at least another $45 (the cost of a 1 day pass at C4) for the C4 exclusive Luke, don't complain about the money.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DarthRay2

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 1, 2007, 09:18 PM »

I honestly don't think they care.  I wrote a nasty email to them and it was reflected.  I'm not going to cancel my order with them as I'm sure I'll never see this Luke again be it online or anywhere else for that matter.  Might as well just suck up your pride and stick with your original order.

They don't care.

That's kindof the whole point.

Why should I spend Hundredsof dollars with this company year after year if they refuse to treat us with respect.

When I told them that I would not buy their product ever again, I was told "OK. Thank you for calling."

They don't give a rip. Not unless they see it in their bottom line.

Will my departure be seen in their bottom line. Nope.

But, I am happy with my decision to say "Screw it, I'm done".

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 1, 2007, 09:21 PM »
I guess this going to start up again in July with ComiCon? Ya, 3 more concepts to get and ya they are at a convention in So cal.  I guess we are blessed this year or something?  ;) Just trying to lighten up the mood on this thread.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 1, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Just trying to lighten up the mood on this thread.

Thank the Maker It's Friday!!  ;D
(I'm with you, Ice Ice Baby!)

Offline madoka

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 1, 2007, 09:46 PM »
I just wanted to give you guys another perspective.  If you frequent Fatwallet or Slickdeals, then you become no stranger to price/coupon mistakes.  In reality, HTS response is fairly decent in giving you an option to cancel if you don't want.  To give you an example of a BAD response. . . a few years ago there was a Staples online coupon that was posted on all the major deal sites.  After using it and receiving the merchandise, Staples charged us full price with NO NOTICE.  I complained to my credit card company and faxed in my order showing that I paid the proper amount.  Staples responsed by accusing me of using a fake coupon (even though their system accepted it) from a website I had never even heard of.  They left a negative mark on my credit and my credit card company sided with them, so I dropped that credit card.  So in reality, I believe HTS's response is really just the run of the mill you would expect from a price/coupon mistake.  Only very few times a year do retailers live up to online price mistakes.