Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 60592 times)

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #300 on: June 7, 2007, 11:01 PM »
I posted this over on GH, but I'll post it here, too...

My droids made it from ToyRocket yesterday (thanks guys! that was fast!) and I cracked open the package tonight. The R2 figure kicks some major butt! That is a great figure for what could have been a simple lump of gray metal. There is so much detail on the body and on the legs, plus the added fun of the droid's little "spider" arms. R2 is definitely worth it.

The 3PO on the other hand has an odd slouch to him. In McQuarrie's painting he appears to be standing straight, but the figure just can't quite match that pose ... and it's frustrating. I know Lucas has always said his original version of 3PO was of a fast-talking, slick used-car salesman; but the McQuarrie painting always made me think of a very proper and polite personality, a gentleman (and not in the prissy, effiminate way 3PO was ended up portrayed, and which only became more over-the-top and goofy in each subsequent film). Well the slouching figure matches Lucas's vision more than McQuarrie's interpretation of the droid. I think I liked McQuarrie's better.

...but R2 definitely kicks ass! 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 8, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Toy Fair Vader was available online after the event.  Yes, it was limited, but even little old me managed to score a couple.  I will admit that was more like a Gentle Giant online fiasco, but it was there.

True that. I was able to score a pair of TF Vaders online as well. Traded one for C2's Jorg Sacul the same year. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #302 on: June 8, 2007, 04:17 PM »
Mine showed up today.  Very nice figures. 

I wonder how long Hasbro will take to ship Luke?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 8, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Mine showed up today.  Very nice figures. 

I wonder how long Hasbro will take to ship Luke?

I think it's about a week away.  June 11th or 13th or so.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 9, 2007, 01:38 AM »
Still waiting on my McDroids from ToyRocket. I got the shipping notice last Saturday, I'm starting to get worried.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 9, 2007, 02:23 PM »
My McDroids should be on their way as well from ToyRocket.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 9, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Still waiting on my McDroids from ToyRocket. I got the shipping notice last Saturday, I'm starting to get worried.

Also got my notice last Saturday, the USPS tracking information was not updated all week long, and they showed up at my office today, a week later.

Look for them any time now.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2007, 03:25 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2007, 03:14 AM »
Yeah, mine came today as well, and that lack of updates on the tracker was what was scaring me.

Fantastic figures though. I have yet to open them because they look so damn good carded. I should have ordered a second set, but money is tight...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2007, 09:51 AM »
I received the McQuarrie droids on Saturday from ToyRocket as well, and they sure do look nice.  I kind of had buyers remorse picking up two sets, because of the higher price, but now I'm glad I did.  Hopefully Luke will ship this week as well, I believe Hasbro's e-mail said June 11th, so we'll see.

Offline Darth Dathcha

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2007, 11:42 PM »
What a load of horse sh*t!!   Has this happened to anyone else?  (I hope not)

On Friday (June 8th) I called Hasbro to confirm my order and accept the adjusted price ($37.52) for the 2 Concept Lukes that I ordered.  This was within the June 9th window that they gave.  At the time I asked the customer service rep (Beth) if I could get an e-mail confirmation of the adjusted price to print out.  She told me that they would send one out when it shipped.  This is what I got this evening instead.

Per your request, we have canceled your outstanding order with HasbroToyShop.com.  Confirmation information is below.

ORDER NUMBER: 510005
ORDER DATE 5/26/2007 8:03 PM

CUSTOMER
Patrick Rangel
XXXXXXX St.
XXXXXXXXX

SHIPPING TO
Patrick Rangel
XXXXXXXX St.
XXXXXXXXXX

SHIPPING OPTION
Allow 7-10 business days from date shipped.

ITEM(S) CANCELED
Item number: 87384
Item name: Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series Concept Luke Skywalker Figure with Collector Coin
Quantity: 2

CONTACT US
We are always pleased to help you, by e-mail or phone. Questions about your order? Contact us:
-   By e-mail at CustomerService@HasbroToyShop.com (Please include your name, order number and e-mail address)
-   By phone (6am-11pm EST): 1-800-408-0052

I guess I've been screwed again by good ol' Hasbro.
Can I have it?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2007, 11:53 PM »
In regard to the above post:

I got the same email, even though I confirmed my order and authorized the higher price 6 days ago, on time.

Tonight Beth told me that because of a glitch in the system, everyone still got the cancelled emails, but to just ignore them.

She reassured me that if you called to confirm, the order is not cancelled, despite what the email says.

For now, I'll believe her.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2007, 11:56 PM »
What a load of horse sh*t!!   Has this happened to anyone else?  (I hope not)

I also got the "Per your request, we have canceled your outstanding order" e-mail despite calling to accept the changes.   ::)

because of a glitch in the system, everyone still got the cancelled emails, but to just ignore them.

She reassured me that if you called to confirm, the order is not cancelled, despite what the email says.

This is turning into one of the most ridiculous Star Wars on-line cluster****s of all time.    ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2007, 08:35 AM »
Well i just called and the woman said yes the order was canceled. I told her i didnt cancel it and she had to reactivate my order. You guys may need to call as well.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 12, 2007, 08:53 AM »
I was just coming over here to post about this after opening this e-mail this morning.  I called and confirmed the price increase and that I wanted to keep my order as well, and then received the cancellation e-mail this morning.  I'm glad to see it didn't just happen to me, and hopefully everyone will have their orders go through.  I agree with Jeff, this has just been ridiculous.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 12, 2007, 09:08 AM »
It looks like anyone who ordered it is still getting it, but Hasbro sure is doing a ****** job with this whole matter. 

They sold it to us, then contacted us because they wanted to raise the price after the fact, then we had to call and give them permission to charge us more, then a week later we get emails saying it's cancelled anyhow, then you have to call them again to make sure it's not cancelled.  And, we still don't have them in hand yet.

They should have just honored the original price that they sold it to us for and shipped it out.