Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 60596 times)

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2007, 12:06 PM »
Well... I still don't like em.... won't even get em even if I got them for free..... but hey.... who am I?
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2007, 12:10 PM »
Damn  >:( Now i need the Celebration Europe version as well becuase i want on eof those coins.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2007, 12:18 PM »
I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't just clear this up and explain what the real deal is.

Because if they are going to re-release these as basic figures later in the year, it's better kept a secret until after the convention so as to sell the convention supply for $12.00 a piece.

If we all knew they were coming out later no one would care about whether they get them here or not.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2007, 01:48 PM »
I just assume these 3 will be made available at retail.  The reason being is I doubt they would the cost of all that tooling and not put them out for retail.  Coins will be exclusives for certain.  Just my opinion. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Let's not forget the Entertainment Earth Box Set of McQuarrie figures that will undoubtedly come out after we all try to chase down the "exclusives."  Yup, I can see it now, a nice 6 pack with:

McQuarrie Stormie
McQuarrie Vader
McQuarrie Chewie
McQuarrie Luke
McQuarrie 3P0/R2

I smell this, in addition to the previously discussed distinct aroma of ass.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2007, 02:34 PM »
Its funny, I was just thinking about that yesterday too.  "What if Hasbro decides to pack all of these into a 'Limited Edition McQuarrie Box Set' later on down the road?".  Of course, they'll probably pack in one new/different figure so that we'll all want it ;).

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2007, 03:40 PM »
I just assume these 3 will be made available at retail.  The reason being is I doubt they would the cost of all that tooling and not put them out for retail.  Coins will be exclusives for certain.  Just my opinion. 

After trying to bribe, beg, borrow or steal a way to get a set of these, this was the same conclusion I came to.   It would be way out of character for the Exclusives to be new or one shots.

Every previous figure was a frankenstein/kit bash or a repaint (or horridly Red).

If the big H won't resculpt for the basic line due to $$, surely they won't sink that much into a limited release (and therefore limited revenue) figure.

That does not mean I'm not willing to pay for one of these, I just won't buy a half dozen at Ebay prices....just 3 of each.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2007, 03:46 PM »
That would be a relief for most of us if the "exclusive" part of the figure would be the coins and packaging and not the actual figure itself.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2007, 03:48 PM »
I think things are going to shake out favorably for the people who aren't able to attend the event.  The Celebration III Darth Vader wound up online at Star Wars Shop on April 25, 2005.  I'm not certain that it wound up online at any other point, but I think it's likely that the C-3PO with R2-D2 will show up on Star Wars Shop as well.

Hasbro mentioned in their article today that they will be selling the Luke at their Hasbro Toy Shop booth.  The fact that they mentioned Hasbro Toy Shop specifically in that article infers that HTS online will be offering the Luke.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2007, 05:06 PM »
I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't just clear this up and explain what the real deal is.

Hmmm... if only there were some sort of bi-weekly Q&A with Hasbro that the fan sites could use to try to sort all this out.  :D

The next batch of answers is due this Friday (4/13), and I'm sure somebody out there must have asked about the availability of the Droids and just how exclusive they will be.  Luke was announced too late for this week, but there will probably be Luke questions/answers in the 4/27 batch.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:28 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2007, 07:33 PM »
So this makes me wonder, are we going to get McQuarrie versions of Han Solo, Luke (as a girl) and Lando (wearing Leia's dress)?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2007, 10:48 PM »
So this makes me wonder, are we going to get McQuarrie versions of Han Solo, Luke (as a girl) and Lando (wearing Leia's dress)?

I guess this is worth repeating for those who don't keep track like us OCD folks...

These are confirmed:
Concept Stormtrooper (wave 1)
Concept Boba Fett (wave 2)
Concept Chewbacca (wave 3)
Concept Darth Vader (wave 4)
Concept R2-D2 & C-3PO (StarWarsShop @ Celebration)
Concept Scuba Gear Luke (HasbroToyShop @ Celebration)

These are not officially confirmed yet, but highly likely based on the retail list that came out this winter:
Concept Luke Skywalker #2 (wave 5) *
Concept Snowtrooper (wave 6) *
Concept Han Solo (wave 7) *
Concept Rebel Trooper (wave 8 ) *

- Again, those last 4 are not officially confirmed, but everything in wave 3 and 4 on that list panned out so it looks really good at this point. 

- There is some speculation that the wave 5 Luke is perhaps the Girl Luke since the Celebration Luke is Scuba Luke.  There is also some speculation that the wave 5 Luke is instead a basic figure version of the Celebration Luke.  No one knows at this point, but we should know within a few weeks I would guess.

- There has been no Concept Lando speculation/rumoring that I have seen.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2007, 12:38 AM »
I'd just like to go on record in case Hasbro is reading along - that I absolutely love these concept figures.

Fantastic Idea to make a whole line of it.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2007, 08:50 PM »
I really want to see Emperor Palpatine. Theres some very cool concept art featuring him.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2007, 09:16 PM »
I want Lando, Leia, Palpatine, Ben & Yoda concept figures. That way we have all the main characters.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m