Author Topic: C4 Exclusives - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker  (Read 60620 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Exclusive McQuarrie C-3PO, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker
« Reply #270 on: June 1, 2007, 10:00 PM »
I have to be honest in that if the figure was an exclusive film character available nowhere else, I would've stuck with the order.  These concept figures are neat but in no way do I feel I must have them, so it was easy to cancel my order.  Still, they know the crap they pulled if only by the number of emails and/or cancellations.
By the way, Hasbro happens to be the licensee of my favorite film trilogy, so I don't feel like I buy Hasbro product, I'm buying SW stuff that Hasbro happens to produce.  I can't give up my favorite hobby because of a few dumb decisions by the toy producer.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #271 on: June 1, 2007, 10:23 PM »
One thing that might get their attention and maybe ellicit a real response is a submission (a well worded, intelligent, level-headed, yet stern submisson) to the Q & A session once those resume. Can't hurt. If they're like most companies, the left hand often doesn't know what he right hand is doing. Maybe by getting the word to the folks who actually answer those questions a positive resolution could be reached.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 1, 2007, 10:26 PM »
There had to be at least 400 of these to order. So with the $3.75 that's $1500 dollars they would have to swallow.

Plus the cost of shipping on all those orders.   $8.00 each?  Another $3200?

$4700 give or take for every 400 orders?

I'd bet there were thousands of orders.  If it was just a few grand, they wouldn't have gone through all the headache of canceling everything.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 1, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Somebody call the whaaaaaaambulance.  ******* crybabies. 

There was a $10.34 difference on two figures shipped.  Unless you're bulk ordering these things it's not that much of an increase.  I understand the position regarding customer service and fault, but c'mon – that point was made five days ago.  How long are you guys going to bitch about a nominal amount of money?

Yeah!  Let's just keep whining and bitching (because we never make mistakes ourselves) until we get through to them and they understand our pain!  I want my $10.34 baaaaaaaaaack.  Whaaaaaaaaa.   :'(
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline DarthRay2

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 1, 2007, 11:47 PM »

There was a $10.34 difference on two figures shipped.  Unless you're bulk ordering these things it's not that much of an increase.  I understand the position regarding customer service and fault, but c'mon – that point was made five days ago.  How long are you guys going to bitch about a nominal amount of money?

Yeah!  Let's just keep whining and bitching (because we never make mistakes ourselves) until we get through to them and they understand our pain!  I want my $10.34 baaaaaaaaaack.  Whaaaaaaaaa.   :'(

I don't want the money back. I canceled my order.

I will not support companies that screw over their consumer base. I will no longer buy this product.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 2, 2007, 12:23 AM »

Again, I think most everyone here is with me on this as it is not the money issue, this is about PRINCIPLE! Yes we all make mistakes, but if you were raise right, you don't make others pay for your mistakes. Again PRINCIPLE! As I don't like dealing we people or companies that don't keep there word or can't own up to their mistakes. This is the problem with the world today and will be the down fall of society in time.

Do you or would teach you children to bend over and take it if someone did them wrong? That is what you are asking us to do. Yes, it might only be max $10 to me or you and thousands to Hasbro, but they are going to get that money back one way or the other. All this would be a tax right off for them, and we continue to buy products they mark up a big margin. So they do not loss anything, if they handle this the way they should.

Do you or would you teach them it is okay to lie, cheat, and steal? Well if you do or would teach then not to keep their word you already started them off to the other stuff. I do not offer my money to any one that would lie, cheat, and steal. The government is bad enough that they force you too, but I do not have to take this crap from a company that does these things.

roron corobb

PS: If there is a big enough stink over this maybe Lucas will pull Hasbro's license, giving some other company with values and honest principles the license to make these Star Wars toys we all love.
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 2, 2007, 01:09 AM »
Principle only gets you so far.

There is a dollar amount, I don't know what it is, where it is not worth it for Hasbro to eat the losses on this.  They probably had a meeting, discussed it, and decided that there were too many orders to be giving the discount on this figure, and that was that.

It lends to the idea that this guy won't be available later on though.  Who knows.

In the end, this is small potatoes.  It's annoying, and it sucks for people who thought they were getting a great deal, but if it sounds too good to be true...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: June 2, 2007, 01:56 AM »
Yeah ultimately I think a lot of the impact of this will roll off some, and not so much off others...  I'm reluctant to order online regardless of where, so HTS isn't any different than anywhere else to me honestly...  I didn't do much ordering and really only things like a 25% off coupon spark me to do much ordering. 

I'm keeping my order on these because a local needed one of the ones I got an order in for...  I'm not overly content with the situation, but it is what it is to me too...  I'll most likely order there again though, just who knows when that'll be...  I didn't order much in the first place and all.

It's a dead issue though, regardless...  I don't blame people for being upset though, as there is a certain level of feeling as though the rug were pulled from under your feet.  That's tough to argue, and justifies any discontent I think...  But at this point you aren't gonna change it either I'm afraid.  After the last weekend, it was the last thing that was bound to give me a headache, I can say that much. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 2, 2007, 09:54 AM »
I look at it this way; we're lucky to get ahold of such a code to use in the first place. If you think about it, those codes aren't really meant for us, they're meant for friends and family of Hasbro employees, so in a way, we're abusing a privilege that isn't meant for us in the first place. With all the complaining, there is a chance that these coupon codes might cease now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 2, 2007, 03:18 PM »
I look at it this way; we're lucky to get ahold of such a code to use in the first place. If you think about it, those codes aren't really meant for us, they're meant for friends and family of Hasbro employees, so in a way, we're abusing a privilege that isn't meant for us in the first place. With all the complaining, there is a chance that these coupon codes might cease now.

Well we don't know if they are e-mailed out to customers or not. I haven't seen any proof one way of the other. It doesn't say anything about employee related use only.

Second I could careless if they don't offer any more coupon codes as I'll never buy again from HTS. Plus it will just hurt them in the long run as many only buy on-line when there are coupon like this offered.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline DarthRay2

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 2, 2007, 03:54 PM »

These were sent out to everyone on the HTS mailing list.

Here is the coupon:

SpringFriends&Family

SPECIAL EVENT

SAVE 25%
on all purchases at
Limited Time Offer: 5/14/07 – 5/28/07
* plus FREE SHIPPING

See below for details and exclusions

Save BIG on all your Spring and Summer toys & games with 25% OFF PLUS FREE SHIPPING on your next purchase at HasbroToyShop.com. You’ll find your favorite brands like TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, SPIDER-MAN, NERF,
MARVEL, SUPER SOAKER, MILTON BRADLEY, and more!

You can save on toys and games for outside like TWISTER OUTDOORS and NERF Spider-Man 3 Footballs, lots of travel games like BATTLESHIP Electronic Handheld and CANDYLAND Fun-on-the-Run, tons of cool new action figures, and more!

Go ahead and forward this email to share this special event with friends & family!

Here’s how to redeem your discount:
1. Shop on www.HasbroToyShop.com and add items to your shopping cart
2. Enter promo code: FNFSPR7 in the grey box on the Payment / Shipping Page
3. Click the “Adjust My Price” button to show your savings and then click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page to complete the check out process

*25% off and free standard shipping offers may only be redeemed through the HasbroToyShop.com website toward the purchase of products currently available and purchased on HasbroToyShop.com. Offer excludes Star Wars Celebration IV exclusive action figures . Discount applies to pre-tax amount. Offer expires 5/28/07 at 11:59 PM (ET). This offer cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer. May not be used to purchase gift cards. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Valid only while supplies last. Not valid on previous orders. Offer may expire without notice due to error, fraud or other unforeseen circumstances. Void where prohibited. Subject to terms and conditions of use.

© 2007 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

So, althis gibberish that I shouldn't use the code is nonsense. HTS sent it to everyone on the mailing list and encouraged those people to pass it on, and those people to pass it on.

So, all you need is a friend (like my many friends here at Jedi Defender) that is on a mialing list.

So, that coupon was never meant to be exclusive.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 4, 2007, 09:44 AM »
Didn't know that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 4, 2007, 12:59 PM »
I got another e-mail this morning from Hasbro, not sure if anyone already posted it here (sorry if it is repeated):
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer:

After your recent purchase of a Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature
Series Concept Luke Skywalker Figure with Collector Coin, we informed you
that the Friends & Family offer was not intended for use on that item
as advertised in the promotional flyer created for that event.  The
discount was applied due to a technical error and we apologize for any
inconvenience this may have caused.  In an effort to make the purchase of
this item fair and equitable for customers who attended STAR WARS
Celebration IV and those who did not, we must apply the standard price and
shipping rates for your order.

In order to complete and ship your transaction, please call
1-800-408-0052 by June 9, 2007 to confirm that we may either apply the standard
price of the item and any applicable shipping charges to your credit card
or to cancel your order.  Instead of simply shipping your item(s), we
need to confirm your acceptance of the additional charges before
authorizing/charging your credit card.  After confirming the updated charges,
we will schedule your items to ship on June 11, 2007.  If you do not
call the number above we will be forced to cancel your order on June 9,

Thank you for your response to this request. We look forward to hearing
from you. Again, we regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #283 on: June 4, 2007, 01:16 PM »
I just got that one too. I'll give them a call.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 4, 2007, 01:27 PM »
Same thing on my end.  Gave them a call and everything should be all set.

Common sense isn't so common