Author Topic: Hi, I'm King_Maul!  (Read 6232 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm King_Maul!
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:59 PM »
This is my first post, and I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone on this site as a new registered member.  I've been collecting Star Wars action figures since Phantom Menace.  I've expanded beyond figures to vehicles and other stuff during ROTS (probably a mistake wallet wise).  However, this hobby takes me away from the stresses of work and daily life.  I've read that this site is more "adult" oriented which is welcomed by me especially with some of the bickering and useless posting that sometimes goes on in other sites. 

May the Force Be With You, King

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm King_Maul!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:33 PM »
welcome! enjoy your stay, and be sure to check out my photonovel on March 1st!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:05 PM »
welcome buddy. youll love it here. 8)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:20 PM »
Welcome King!  We pride ourselves on the (usually ;)) more mature attitude of our board and will often expect more from our members.  Enjoy!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Hey King! I'm glad that you made it over here. (I'm Gregory over at RS)
I hope that you enjoy yourself on this site, and you'll find that the trading/selling/buying area here is quite nice.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  Greg, if everyone here is as nice and helpful as you, I'm gonna love it here.  Thanks, bud.  Also, your package is on it's way - Enjoy!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 01:29 AM »
Hey King,

Welcome aboard JediDefender.com...  Take a look around and see what areas you find interesting and just join on in the discussion around here.  We tend to have a bit more relaxed atmosphere...  We have our bickering too but it's much more under control and usually calms down relatively fast. 

If you've got any questions you can ask any of the staff, we're around and available generally, just seek us out...  Good to see another new member that's broadening his SW collecting views...  Too many people stay locked into that one "home" they refuse to leave, and they honestly miss a lot of news and conversation they might actually appreciate a lot more than they're getting elsewhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 05:00 AM »
Hey KM,
Welcome to JD.  I'm sure you'll dig the vibe 'round here, as we've got some of the most friendly and knowledgeable collectors on the net roaming our boards.  So kick up your feet, relax, and enjoy!  Holler if you've got any questions or comments on anything.  We're here to serve.  8)

By the way, where in SoCal are you?  I'm up in Santa Clarita, and we've got a pretty good SoCal contingent covering the rest of the Southland as well, and we even have get-togethers every few months if you're interested.  So if you're up for some local trading and schmoozing, stop by the SoCal Finds thread.

Looking forward to chatting with you around the boards...

- Matt

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I'm glad you've made it over here too, King. I've seen you knocking around RS and it's nice to know people expand their horizons.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 08:21 PM »
By the way, where in SoCal are you?  I'm up in Santa Clarita, and we've got a pretty good SoCal contingent covering the rest of the Southland as well, and we even have get-togethers every few months if you're interested.  So if you're up for some local trading and schmoozing, stop by the SoCal Finds thread.
Thanks Matt.  I reside in Monterey Park, and it's really cool that you guys and gals do get togethers once in a while.  Depending on timing, I'd be interested.  I'll check out the SoCal Finds thread.  I'm not sure where exactly it's located, but I'll find it.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 08:23 PM »
I'm glad you've made it over here too, King. I've seen you knocking around RS and it's nice to know people expand their horizons.
Hey Darth_Anton, it's great to see a familiar member on this board.  Cheers, King

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 05:27 AM »
Welcome from the Dutch-side of the planet....

So how big is you're collection of ROTS?

Hope you enjoy it here is I do.... :P
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 01:38 PM »
Welcome from the Dutch-side of the planet....

So how big is you're collection of ROTS?

Hope you enjoy it here is I do.... :P

Hey there Comm. Apoc - Haha, it's big enough, and I don't want it to get any bigger. ;)  ROTS is when I began collecting multiples of the figures I liked.  Not only that, but I began collecting Unleashed, Titaniums, Vehicles, ML, etc...  It's all good though!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 04:27 PM »
welcome King Maul,I hope you enjoy.these guys really make you feel wecome!They do some cool Customs,Photonovels,and such,I usually do artwork.If your into that I got some pics in the fan art of the forum!
Nice to hear from you! ;)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 04:28 AM »
Thanks Matt.  I reside in Monterey Park, and it's really cool that you guys and gals do get togethers once in a while.  Depending on timing, I'd be interested.  I'll check out the SoCal Finds thread.  I'm not sure where exactly it's located, but I'll find it.

Here ya' go:  SoCal Forum

That board is only visible if you're logged into JD though.  If not, visitors/guests aren't able to view it so we can keep our store finds and whatnot somewhat private from the oft lurking folks...  ;)

Anton (above) is from 'round here too (the Valley).  We're actually talking about having our next meeting in about a month, so feel free to chime in on that SoCal meeting thread if you're interested.

- M
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:30 AM by JediMAC »