Author Topic: Utapau Again?  (Read 7006 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Utapau Again?
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:00 AM »
As per the front page here at Jedidefender.com, the rumor is we could see more from Utapau in 2007...  Let the rumor mill churn on with this one.  I'd be up for various repaints like this if they happen...  I could believe AT-RT Troopers are in everyone's batallion.

Curious how this figure could be presented...  Battlepack, Order 66 2-packs, basic figure?  No details on that but a repaint bodes well for one of the prior 2 concepts. 

Would anyone be able to stand 501st AT-RT Drivers, or Mace's Batallion RT Drivers, or Felucia, or whatever?  I'd kind of dig seeing one cobbled together to accompany Galactic Marines in a way, like repainting the gunner from the HFG Battlepack in Marine colors...  Either way, this is a repaint that doesn't bother me and I'd even like army building too...  It'd be great if he actually had an RT too but somehow I don't expect that since Hasbro hasn't said a $15 pricepoint's on the way for this year...  Bummer considering the popularity of that price in 2005.

Anyway, this is just more cloney goodness I guess...  I'd start a "anyone else cloned out" thread, but obviously that's already going on. :)  Is this adding to it?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:52 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Utapau Again?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:54 AM »
hey id take a couple more utapau variations. as long as hasbro doesnt find a way to screw their legs up..again.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:28 AM »
This scares me. While I can see some of the versions that Jesse is talking about, this could lead to a general abuse of clone repaints. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 09:31 AM »
this could lead to a general abuse of clone repaints. :-\

Isn't this happening already??
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:20 AM »
I'd like some akin to the upcoming Engineer Clone in Wave 9, a repaint of the Evolutions 327th Star Corps with removable helmet.

I wanted some for the scene where Obi Wan is standing around his JediStarfighter talking to a bunch of helmetless 212ths while looking at a map of Utapau.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:00 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 11:12 AM »
As per the front page here at Jedidefender.com, the rumor is we could see more from Utapau in 2007... 

What??! How did this rumor start, really? Was this another AP(GH, EE) leak or are we just generating rumor mill discussion to see if Hasbro responds? Another site posts lots of 'rumors' and they don't always come true. If this were true rumblings...then it wouldn't be a rumor, right?

More clones, Hasbro's bank ::)

DS

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:53 AM »
I think they wouldn't just make stuff up to get a rise out of people, someone here got a hold of a tip somewhere in the production chain...

To me the idea of rainbow EU clones sucks ass...but that's just me I guess.  I'm OK with the concept art ones but teh Mace pack was pushing it...I'll pass for now (pack-ins, set selection etc may change that fact)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 12:07 PM »
I think they wouldn't just make stuff up to get a rise out of people, someone here got a hold of a tip somewhere in the production chain...

I would like to believe that, if someone really got a "tip" from the manufacturer or retailer than it's really not a rumor anymore is it? It IS being treated like a rumor, though..so color me skeptical.

More EU clones, though...I agree and cringe :P.

DS 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 12:15 PM »
It depends on how he turns out for me.  I absolutely think there's a compliment of AT RT Drivers in every battalion, so it makes sense that they would have the designated colors.  To me, this kind of thing makes more sense than simply making up non film troopers wholesale, like some of the Final 22.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 12:17 PM »

I would like to believe that, if someone really got a "tip" from the manufacturer or retailer than it's really not a rumor anymore is it? It IS being treated like a rumor, though..so color me skeptical.

More EU clones, though...I agree and cringe :P.

DS 

everything is rumor until announced by Big H...and the source of said rumor probably doesn't want us to know that it came from said source at this time

When we broke the Episode III Packaging stuff a few years ago we had the pics for like 2 months before our source would let us post them...happens all the time

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 12:30 PM »
Whether or not this rumor is true, I think a Battle Pack of repacked figures for $20.00 would interest me a lot more than new repaints. 

Perhaps something like this -

- Orange Clone x 2
- Battle Droid x 2 (POTJ Security Droid sculpt, ROTS paint scheme)
- Destroyer Droid x 1 (EPI Battle Damage)

That way we get army builders for roughly $5.00 a pop instead of $7.00. 

;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 12:37 PM »

Like Scotty said, until it is officially confirmed by Hasbro, you have to call it a rumor. 

Over the years many things have been cancelled by Hasbro despite us seeing early pictures of them.  This case is no different.  While our sources have seen things that lead me to post that info on the front page, there is always the chance that Hasbro will cancel things before they are released.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 03:03 PM »

To me the idea of rainbow EU clones sucks ass...but that's just me I guess. 

Um, no, it's me too.  That is, unless he's packed with a leprechaun and a pot of gold to complete the cut "Raid on the Leprechaun's Pot of Gold" scene.

Alternatively they could dub it the "Raid on San Francisco" legion.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Cool idea. It's not like I dunno pink clones. ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 07:08 PM »
It's not like I dunno pink clones. ::)

Give them time, son, give them time.  ;)