Author Topic: Utapau Again?  (Read 6984 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Utapau Again?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 10:24 PM »
I think Rune is on top of things again with his pics in the 2 packs thread-- unless somebody faked those  :P.

Maybe the rumor is relevant to THAT thread?

DS

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 10:35 PM »

Probably... we just weren't sure where he was going to end up, now we know. 

At least now you know we weren't just making stuff up...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 10:57 PM »
I think Rune is on top of things again with his pics in the 2 packs thread-- unless somebody faked those  :P.

DS

Being at JD as long as you have, do you honestly believe the staff would post fake information?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 11:00 PM »
I'd like some akin to the upcoming Engineer Clone in Wave 9, a repaint of the Evolutions 327th Star Corps with removable helmet.

I wanted some for the scene where Obi Wan is standing around his JediStarfighter talking to a bunch of helmetless 212ths while looking at a map of Utapau.

So much for that!

I thought my dremel might get a rest.  Just goes to show you, if you want something done right, you'll have to do it yourself.  Removable helmet Utapau grunts are no exception.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 03:58 PM »

DS

Being at JD as long as you have, do you honestly believe the staff would post fake information?

Dude, it's the DS. Don't turn this into a 20 on 1 situation brother.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 06:11 PM »
 ;D

All I can say is..wow! They got all that out of my Q if this was a rumor or not..that I've been here Soooo long (not even 2 years) and that I don't trust the site?

Lemme sum this up

I'm skeptical about anything called a rumor. Regardless of site. End of story.

Great, your 'rumor'(that had to be called just that) became true! Awesome! Thank you JD for showing me that. Since I've never been led astray as far as JD's news is concerned I will continue to trust that. However, I will continue to treat all rumors as just what they are.

Hate me if you must for being skeptical about 'rumors', it will change nothing of my attitude towards them.

That said, I'm sorry for having caused such a 'deal' about this issue or if I offended other folks by my beliefs and what I think of rumors. I'm sorry if folks don't agree with my views on that matter-I cannot change them. Actually, I was relieved when Rune posted those picks. I'm sorry if folks believe they think it's personal and I'm against JD because of this issue and want to question my trust towards JD. I assure you my trust issue is only affected by the topic at hand (rumors) and not towards the site. I have been burned by RS for 'news' that did turn out to be rumor. Personally, I don't feel it's a 20:1 here but if folks want to claim it as such than I'm unaffected toward it. That is all.

DS 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:21 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 06:31 PM »

Shall I explain? What I was getting at here is that the pic itself could have been somebody's fake unbeknownst to the person who posted it. Unless Rune is part of the staff here I can't see how this looks like I'm calling out the staff. Your Q here suggests that is how I portrayed it.

Three things are at play here
1. I don't trust rumors
2. I was merely suggesting the unlikely event of the non-staff posted photo(your pics on the front page came after Rune already posted these pics first and I commented on them then).
3. I have not been on this site as long as you nor do I consider it(my time here) a long time either.

As a result...I don't see where staff is 'called out' for faking anything.

DS   

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 08:25 PM »
uhh guys, this is the 'Utapua Again?' thread, not the 'Team Up on DS and give him a Hard Time Again?' thread. lets please get back on topic.  ;)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Good point.  As a staff member, I should show more control in my posts.  I understand where you are coming from, I just take it too personally when it appears someone is questioning the hard work done by others.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Hate me if you must for being skeptical about 'rumors', it will change nothing of my attitude towards them.

Oh, I don't hate you for that. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Think Hasbro is wacky enough to bring back the *gasp* tank gunner mold in 'new utapau color scheme'?
If they did they likely would cross the line at that point.

DS

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Watch, they'll do every clone incarnation in every color scheme.  Airborne shocktroopers?  501st AT RT drivers?  Just you wait and see.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 03:23 PM »
no doubt...and are we just as likely to see more non-quality un-bought pack-ins to be added with those clones to try and help their inventory reduction? You bet.

DS

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Watch, they'll do every clone incarnation in every color scheme.  Airborne shocktroopers?  501st AT RT drivers?  Just you wait and see.

eww...

i think hasbro's desperate in getting rid of a ton of clone sculpts...thats the only justification for that.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 02:10 PM »

eww...

i think hasbro's desperate in getting rid of a ton of clone sculpts...thats the only justification for that.

They know clones sell-- that's the only justification for that.

DS