Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2007 Discussion  (Read 13602 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Defender Wishlists 2007: Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 10:23 PM »
3 things...

#1 I agree with Jesse, anything outside of the movies is EU (and so does LFL)
#2 we don't have time
#3 people have already listed CW stuff here

Ok thanks for the info it was just a thought.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Defender Wishlists 2007: Discussion Thread
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 11:04 PM »
I think Scott's 3 reasons are indeed the "why's" on it, but it was a good question regardless, evenflow.  It got some conversation rolling anyway on something sort of new, especially new to the voting for Scott's wishlist feature(s). 

About the EU figures (1998), I stand corrected on the print on the cardbacks, but again the "line" wasn't really a deviation from the basic line but rather shipped along with it...  It's the same as marketing a Revan figure as "EU" within the basic line... It gives the context to where it came from since there's not a "KOTOR" sub-line to slip him into and basically explain to the consumer where it's coming from...  Since the 1998 figures were a mix from various sources, I think the "EU" tag wasn't so much the marketing scheme on them as much as making it plain on the packaging that they're not from the films, without listing on 2 of them "Dark Forces", then two with, "Dark Empire", and so on...  It's lessening the confusion.

CW, SOTE...  They were whole single lines devoted to one EU source so they got the special treatment, was my point, but they're still EU...  And CW has been the source that really got the attention through its heavier exposure to a greater set of demographics than SOTE did, added to its critical acclaim/popularity as well.

I think a separate CW poll would be cool myself, but Scott's right that time is short, it would mean chopping things out of this wishlist, and it's still part of EU so it's splitting hairs really regardless of how Hasbro favors CW as a source over other sources.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2007: Discussion Thread
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 09:43 AM »
I'm confused. Is this a CW EU or not EU debate thread or a 2007 wishlist discussion thread? ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Defender Wishlists 2007: Discussion Thread
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 10:31 AM »
I think my main reason why i do not consider it EU because Lucas has accepted the Clone Wars story as the events between Episodes II and III. It is part of the story.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Defender Wishlists 2007 Discussion
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Everything's part of the story though...  Lucas accepts it all, one way or the other, as part of what LFL calls "the official continuity"...  But as something written by others, produced by others, etc., the CW is no different than a novel or comic book...  Lucas accepted SOTE as the events between ESB and ROTJ too but they're no more canon than a video game or comic book is... 

This brings up an interesting topic though about the television series (live-action) as rumors say Lucas is writing that, no? 

I think if he's 100% involved in things it takes a different turn then.  From what I understood on Lucas's involvement on CW though, he only gave them basically the opening scrawl of ROTS to base their story leading up to ROTS on...  And that's why Grievous in the toon and Grievous in the movie are really almost 2 separate and distinct characters in many ways.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Classic case in point is the whole Boba Fett/Jaster Mareel bull**** that was official until Episode II came about.  Parts of CW were used in Episode III (the Grievous cough, the Chancellor Kidnap) but the thing was so full of Supernatural Force abilities that it was way out there as far as Movie Canon.  It all goes back to Sansweet said several years ago that the movies are the only official canon and everything else is EU. 

Like Jesse said, there definitely is a secondary canon that is out there that tries to make itself fit with the movies...but everything outside of the movies is secondary (and that includes TV)  IMO

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 09:41 PM »
I hear what you guys are saying, but i just feel this is more part of canon than other EU. I think the argument can go either way, both points valid. Fun to discuss anyway.  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 11:26 PM »
Well, since Clone Wars is being considered EU, I went and made a change to my list.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I didn't vote for any CW characters because eventually Hasbro will do a Clone Armor Obi,etc...
I mean they're going for every possible change with main characters now, we just got a wet head Obi in TAC. How far is a clone armor one is going to be, not far IMHO.The CW will probably get another sub-line next year too & I bet all the costume variations & chracters that were in the original will be in the new version.

Ok, back on topic. Why was EU before the PT? I thought it was originally scheduled for June.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Ok, back on topic. Why was EU before the PT? I thought it was originally scheduled for June.

Because the majority of the EU stuff 2-Packs and Wave 5 has been strongly rumored/confirmed and the PT stuff in especially AOTC has not totally been confirmed.  By shifting them we'll know what is in the AOTC Wave after C4 and be able to vote then ;)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 05:01 PM »
That makes sense. I was waiting for EU the most, since there's alot more to be made.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2007: Tournament of Champions
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 09:56 PM »
I cant really butcher you guys too much for your votes as it is your opinions, but I really just cant believe how few votes there have been for Zam. I mean come on! This list is going to HASBRO. Do you really want them to see characters like Snowspeeder Luke at the top of the list and assume our expectations are THAT low? You remember the previous Zams? They turly sucked, and this is a MAIN CHARACTER that hasnt seen a new figure, not even a repack, for over four years. PLEASE GUYS, PLEASE support Zam. Once again, it doesnt even have to be your #1, just enough towards the top so that Hasbro can see her name and CONSIDER making her. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 10:07 PM »
I can't believe the people who didn't vote for all 25.  So many opportunities for Dorme lost!   :) >:(

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007, 10:54 PM »
I cant really butcher you guys too much for your votes as it is your opinions, but I really just cant believe how few votes there have been for Zam. I mean come on! This list is going to HASBRO. Do you really want them to see characters like Snowspeeder Luke at the top of the list and assume our expectations are THAT low? You remember the previous Zams? They turly sucked, and this is a MAIN CHARACTER that hasnt seen a new figure, not even a repack, for over four years. PLEASE GUYS, PLEASE support Zam. Once again, it doesnt even have to be your #1, just enough towards the top so that Hasbro can see her name and CONSIDER making her. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!  :'(

apparently nobody wants a new Zam. but even if Hasbro sees Zam a lot they will probably just repack the old one OR rehash it with the preview version to make it "NEW". look at the Tin Jango, everyone wanted a jango and they gave it too us, just not the way we want it.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 11:32 PM »

Last time I checked, Zam was definitely not a main character. In fact she was pretty unimportant in the main scheme of things. LFL could've easily replaced her with, I don't know, just about any other assassin-bounty hunter type character. Maybe I'm just biased on account of AOTC is my least favorite SW film.