Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2007 Discussion  (Read 13613 times)

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2007: Tournament of Champions
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 07:55 AM »
I voted for zam.  I think she's a great design that was never executed well. There are a lot of AOTC figures that need another pass.  Still want a perfect snowspeeder luke first though ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2007: Tournament of Champions
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 09:20 AM »
I didn't vote for any PT Character.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2007 Discussion
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007, 01:48 PM »
look at the Tin Jango, everyone wanted a jango and they gave it too us, just not the way we want it.

;)

I voted for zam.  I think she's a great design that was never executed well. There are a lot of AOTC figures that need another pass. 

:) Thanks! And I wish everyone thought this way about AOTC. I think its the movie with the most undermade (for lack of a better word) and underquality figures.

Last time I checked, Zam was definitely not a main character. In fact she was pretty unimportant in the main scheme of things. LFL could've easily replaced her with, I don't know, just about any other assassin-bounty hunter type character. Maybe I'm just biased on account of AOTC is my least favorite SW film.

Okay, Reid, I guess youre right. Shes not a MAIN character. But she is important. Basically I guess my response to this is if Naboo Flight Crew can get a somewhat decent figure than Zam certainly should get a great one.

I can't believe the people who didn't vote for all 25.  So many opportunities for Dorme lost!   :) >:(

I feel the same way, only about Zam.  :'(  >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2007, 05:23 PM »
I feel that way about Padme! (I could honestly get some statistics about the #s of Padmes done compared to not done... and she is a main character.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 09:03 PM »
I agree on zam...  If I had to narrow that list down, she'd be one of the tops I think.  Two figures, and neither were very good, so Hasbro's still got a ways to go with that one I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2007, 09:39 PM »
I disagree on Zam... 

I'd much rather get my first Yarna or my first Willrow over my third Zam.   :P

Just about all of my list of 25 was first-time figures and I'd much see those over a third version of Zam, whether we "need" it or not.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2007, 01:32 AM »
To me, the lack of a decent first sculpt makes a resculpt equal to even new figures...  Of course though, my desire for any given figure outweighs resculpt/new or anything else, so obviously resculpts of certain army builders take precedence to me...  Zam over Wilrow?  hmmm...  I'd probably go with Wilrow first there.

Zam over Yarna though?  No doubt in my mind I'd rather have a new Zam Wessel than Yarna...  I just don't care about Yarna I guess.  There's a lot I'd vote for over her I think, in the world of resculpt or new.

But, I don't care about all the Padme's a lot of people are voting for too either...  Or Senators, or whatever.  I like those figures when I get them though, they're neat usually (well, sometimes), but they just don't tickle my pickle much I guess...  Kinda like the push for certain holographic figures, or spirit figures or something.  Neat when you get some of them, but I could also live without them in the line while other stuff just gets me revved up when I see it.  I suppose I'm one of the only guys to see an A-Wing Pilot and go nuts for it though, or to see Baron Fel and get giddy at the thought of the new set he's in. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2007, 10:54 AM »
I agree wanting new figures before resculpts, but if a resculpt must be done then they should be of major characters like Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon. As Reid posted, Zam wasn't a major character, maybe third-tier at best and she's had 2 figures done (yes, they're not the best, but still they are made). Padme is a major character and she has been slighted in her scene-specific attires (which is many... and I admit you can't have 50 different Padmes out in a year). Most Padme's don't even need major artic, just beautifully sculpted gowns. I guess I'm a big Padme fan.  ;D

But if I had the choice of SA Zam or Jango vs Willrow, Yarna or Woklings (and I'm not a huge Ewok fan), I'd go for the later ones.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Current Top 10...no order...ESB is dominating this poll...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2007, 03:41 PM »
So how big is the list that gets presented to Hasbro at Comic Con?  10 figures?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2007, 03:42 PM »
No...all 70, just ranked

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Thanks for the update, Scott. Neat to see the standings as of now.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2007, 08:42 PM »
i think i got 5 or 6 of the top ten so far  ;D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2007, 09:12 PM »
I am surprised to see young owen not up there with the rest of the lars family. Everyoe keep voting for Yarna though  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"