Author Topic: Milan's customs updated 2007-02-15  (Read 8961 times)

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Milan's customs updated 2007-02-15
« on: January 24, 2007, 02:01 AM »
Hi!

Here's some of my customs,
I'm new at this, and haven't worked that much with sculpey,
I use super sculpey for my customs.

Please let me know what you think :)

head : Rots shaak ti? modified, used her tentacle's as leeku.
torso: GI Joe. VVV baroness
arms: GI Joe. VVV baroness
legs: GI Joe. VVV baroness

recipe for Darth nihl coming soon...

Darth krayt;

Head:evo Darth maul
torso: Major barrage
arms: major barrage
legs: venomous maximus
feet: spytroops divers 2-pack

armor: sculpey, batman begins gauntlets, predator, waist and upper arms.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:58 PM by Milan »

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Milan's customs
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:03 PM »
Nice!If your working with sculpty.I find if you primer your pieces the paint adheres a little better to your customs
sometimes its in the type of paint you use,Great job for a newbie ;)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Milan, I really like what you've done with so many different non-SW parts. I still have to read the Legacy comics, but I think your interpretations of these main characters are pretty good.

The head of Shaak Ti for Talon is unexpected for me, and I like that a lot. The body tattoo looks very nice as well. I know how hard it is to get those fine lines on a mere 4" of plastic  :)

Darth Krayt looks menacing! Good work on the sculpted parts and on blending the body parts together. You might want to make the spikes on his helmet/head thing a bit bigger.

I'm anxious to see your recipe of Nihl. The other two figures already show you know how to mix different parts very well. Nihl is Nagai, and I remember those fellas from the last issues of the old Marvel comics (I'm old....) They're pretty scary looking people, and so is your Darth Nihl. As for painting him, perhaps you could try masking some parts, so that the lines become a bit more smooth. His lightsaber cane is very good, by the way.

Newbie? I don't think so, Milan! Welcome aboard  ;D

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Recipe for Darth Nilh

Head : Nose up, Underworld Lucian. nose down, sculpey
Torso: VVV  Gung Ho, (Gung Ho & cobra viper 2- pack)
arms: comic pack spirit, wrists; evo palpatine
waist: GI Joe spytroops claws commander
waist belt: don't remember it melted in the oven  :'(... boil your sculpey!
Legs: upper spytroops Nunchuck, lower SW. rots count Douko

Armor ; sculpey
lightsaber ; tvist tie and Douko's lightsaber

Thanks for the nice words,
I almost went crazy trying to put the detail on, I really need to buy a new brush, and paint, I'm working with Schjerning acryl, and it sucks!
it dries in 15 min...while your working with it.

I'll try Games workshop, are they good?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:08 PM by Milan »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 08:31 PM »
woh, the twilek sith may be one of the BEST customs ive ever seen posted on JD! brilliant, fantastic work, and keep it up!  ;D  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 12:28 AM »
Milan, you didn't let me down with Nihl's recipe. Again, amazing how you combine so many different parts. So far, I've only used VvV GI Joe parts with SW parts at best.

I'm not familiar with Schjerning paints, but I'm very pleased with Games Workshop's Citadel brand of paints. They're not the cheapest paints around, but it's easy to apply (not too thick), dry quickly and come in a pretty huge range of shades. I'm thinking of trying Tamiya as well sometime. I used to do wonders   ;) back in the day when I was building model kits. I've heard that Reaper paints are also very good.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Excellent job on all of these. I am so stealing borrowing your Baroness body idea for Talon. Her excecutoin is flawless.

I like your use of Joe parts on these. It's something I've been experimenting with myself. Just not with results this good.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 04:06 PM »
Airbrush paint is really good that's what I use.If you use an airbrush that is.Try creamcoat acrylic the most expensive one 1.59 at most,but it's very important that you primer your piece before you paint
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Airbrush paint is really good that's what I use.If you use an airbrush that is.Try creamcoat acrylic the most expensive one 1.59 at most,but it's very important that you primer your piece before you paint

I use a regular brush, used to paint with enamel but changed to acrylic, It looked like i the right thing to do, and it was.
But I've haven't bought any new brushes, so the ones I'm using are bad, some off the lines on talon's body came in one stroke, some where good, some gave me a stroke...

So when I got some new brushes and paint, I'll go back and remake the figures I've posted here.
But the hardest part for me is to get all the figures, They don't sell GI Joe in Sweden,
and SW figures don't get updated, they sell the same wave over and over again,
and the short packed ones don't show up...

So I buy my figs mostly from big bad toy store, some times in the past from Brian's toys, and more recently toy rocket but those two are expensive.
Do you or anyone know any other sites who ship internationally, and don't have a " Watto"  pricing?
Excellent job on all of these. I am so stealing borrowing your Baroness body idea for Talon. Her excecutoin is flawless.

I like your use of Joe parts on these. It's something I've been experimenting with myself. Just not with results this good.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks, I'm glad that my ideas are appreciated, first I thought that people wouldn't like em, because of the sloppy painting and so little SW parts.
I can't wait till the 25th An--- figures are up for pre- orders,
picture Gung Ho torso, upper arms, waist and upper legs, Storm shadow wrists and lower legs, Kit Fisto head and feet (clone wars), some paint...whoosh ultimate clone wars Fisto;D

But if I had it my way I'll make nilh's Torso and upper arms from a OTC Luke (dagobah), the same for Cade, he's comming next...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:02 PM by Milan »

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 03:34 AM »
Milan, I always buy my figs off eBay and have found some trusted sellers from Macau in the Far East. They all have a standard shipping rate (worldwide) of $5 for the 1st figure and $1 for each more. Which makes me think it's actually one person selling under different user names. The idea is to order many figs in one time, so you can even out the shipping costs a bit. Still, most of the time, I get my figs cheaper than buying them here in Holland. If there are any at all  :-\

Do a search for usernames sicdunbine and tunghori and check them out.

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Here's Cade and wulf from the legacy comic

Cade;

Head: Evo Anakin modded with sculpey
torso: Underworld Victor, modded
Arms: Gi Joe, vvv Gung Ho
waist: OT Luke jedi
Legs: Rots captive palpatine
Lower legs; Aotc Jango Fett (removable head)

belt; Votc  Endor Han solo, modded

Wulf;
Head; Eath Koth
Torso,arms,waist,legs; Evo anakin

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 08:08 PM by Milan »

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Milan's customs updated 2007-01-29
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Nice job Star Wars-ifying the Joe parts, both from a structural and painting perspective they look good. 

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 02:09 PM »
Hi, Today I bought some citadel paint, brushes, primer and games workshop purity seal ( satin varnish).
Is there anything I could know before I use the sealer on my custom's,
I've only worked with testors dullcoat before but it was sold out at the store so a bought the one from games workshop...

I also placed an order on some figs, two of them where dagobah Luke's,
so there will be a cade and nihl 1.0 soon :)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Well, I like what you've done with Wulf's outfit a lot. Is there some softgoods stuff involved? I'm a sucker for that, ya know. The paint scheme looks quite good as well.

I'm not too sure about Cade's golden chest, but then again, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing a lot of pics of him to compare  ;D. Those Gung Ho arms rock, though! And like Ruprecht said: great action shots of those two.

I've only used Citadel so far for my customs. Very happy with that brand. I'm thinking of trying Tamiya at some point too. Had some great experience in my model kit days...

As for Cade's eyes: there's a bit too much white, me thinks. But I know how hard painting facial details can be. There's a pretty good tutotial at Ffurg.com, check it out sometime. I've seen other tutorials as well, I think it was at the Reaper forums. I'll try to find it, ok?

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Thanks man, your right about the eyes, they are to white and I need to darken the area around them(sockets?).
As for the armor on the chest I used this pic and some other as reference

As you can see on the pic's he got "Vader legs", but in a later issue the pants had changed.

One thing tho is the color of his eyes, I've seen, yellowish almost gold and blue color to them. but wookieepedia says blue...

Wulf's softgoods... The skirt is agen kolar and the black and yellow fabric is made out of my...
... boxers :o :-[
Got them as a Christmas present but they where to small...
but a little cutting and I made em fit Wulf ;)

I painted them, got the idea from when I got some paint on my clothes,
the paint stayed even after washing...

I tested to do some action shots, would really like to put together a photonovel one of these days...
When I know how to do it.
Chewie is Yoda at that stuff, the force is strong in that one :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 09:04 PM by Milan »