Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138181 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Wave
« Reply #585 on: August 10, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but it looks like my WM's are clearing these things out as well. Problem is, my three stores have only gotten in one case each so far.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 10, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I don't know how it has been in other areas of the country, but this wave of vintage figures was definitely more "rare" than the last go round.  I think our Wal-Mart just go the one shipment as well, and has only one Leia remaining for several weeks now.  Target even sold through at the higher price, and I never saw them hit clearance here.  TRU has a couple on the pegs (again, Leias I believe), but outside of that, I don't think there are any of these in town at this point.  I can't complain, as I was able to pick up the entire wave, and there doesn't seem to be a major pegwarming situation.  They seemed to have done better with the ratios/shipping this time around, at least from what I've seen people reporting.  Everyone is basically finding what they want for the most part, and there doesn't seem to be a major glut of these piling up anywhere.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 10, 2007, 09:32 AM »
I can agree with that assesment. These are even moving at TRU, and our TRU's are getting a lot. In fact that's the place that I'm holding out that I can get the last 2 Snowtroopers I need.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 10, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I haven't seen a Snowtrooper in weeks around here.  I'm 1 short of 24, so I'd like to find one more.  Targets have all clearanced their stuff out.  I don't see them at Wal-Marts.  TRU has them, but only the other 4.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 10, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Yeah, the Snowtroopers have definitely been the toughest to find - not surprisingly.  I saw them the first couple times these showed up at retail, but not much after that.  IG-88 was actually about as difficult to find here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #590 on: August 10, 2007, 02:05 PM »
I still see one here and there at WM but it's definitely not something in abundance, and unless the WM got a lot of vintage in they tend not to have any at all.  TRU I'm rarely at anymore to even check but the last time I was they didn't have any...  My Target stores were devoid of vintage after the first round of clearances, haha. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 10, 2007, 04:38 PM »
A local Wal-Mart has tons of every figure except for the Snowtrooper. They're on a huge endcap with tons of the Coin Albums and I Am Your Father's Day packs. They even threw in all the Endor Hans and Greedos from last year onto the pegs. I laughed at that whole endcap.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #592 on: August 10, 2007, 10:13 PM »
My one WM has a ton too, and we too have Han/Greedo mixed in, and even a Sandperson, all for $9.96 Clearance prices, but now mixed into the regular V30AC.  And yes, that's no typo there...  $9.96 is the listed clearance price. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 10, 2007, 10:52 PM »
My one WM has a ton too, and we too have Han/Greedo mixed in, and even a Sandperson, all for $9.96 Clearance prices, but now mixed into the regular V30AC.  And yes, that's no typo there...  $9.96 is the listed clearance price. 

wow. those go for $5 CDN up north :) the Sandpeople are history now... and Han is getting harder to find...greedo on the other hand...well there cant be a wall of yellow without the wall of green at any TRU  ;)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 11, 2007, 09:16 AM »

That happens way too often, we have that around here for basic figures. There has to be something intentionally misleading about that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #595 on: August 12, 2007, 03:31 AM »
I agree...  I find it to be a very deceptive tactic used by individual managers (personal opinion of the matter anyway), that they'll slap clearance stickers on something with minimal, or even no real price difference, and just move the product to a new area (clearance aisle or the "random crap we don't have on the plan-o-gram aisle some WM's go with).  The whole thing's frustrating since I know better too, but really there is a certain level of deception there whether it was intended or not.  You see that tag, you expect at least a $1 off the figure, but not out my way.

Now one Wally does have Han's/Greedo's at $5...  That's one out of at least a half dozen I visit semi-routinely though, and of that half dozen I'd say 4 of them still have VTSC figures they're sitting on.

To me though, the simple fact they have clearance tags, were in a clearance aisle, and still got put back into the V30AC displays tells me there was some intent there to deceive and now they just figure they can slip it all back into the new stuff since the price isn't any different.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 12, 2007, 10:50 AM »
There is one Wal-Mart in this area that has had about 20 Moff Jerjerrod on "clearance" for $6.63 for the last year.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #597 on: February 14, 2011, 07:53 AM »
Glad you liked them Steve. And as for Walrusman, I think it be cool if along with the normal hands (that can hold a weapon), they include a set of flipper hands as well.

FTW!  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 14, 2011, 08:50 AM »
Someone's got some great insight. You could be the new "Stan"!  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #599 on: February 14, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Someone's got some great insight. You could be the new "Stan"!  :P

pwned!!!111