Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138167 times)

Offline Nooker21

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 12:53 PM »
I hate to stir this debate up again, but shouldn't Han's jacket be blue based on the original figure? I loved the colour of that blue.  I'm also worried about the wide leg stances on some of these, but as long as they look good with the packaging, I suppose I shall not complain...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007, 01:34 PM »
That's not a good sign with the Snowtrooper... Hoth Han is blue!   ;) They'll do both.  They like our money too much not to.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Watch the brown one be shipped to retail, and you can only get a blue coated Han if you send in stickers that are included with all 6 figures, Ultimate Solo Hunt!

;)

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 03:57 PM »
For the record, I'm a blue coat guy :)

What's up with Leia's knees/legs?  They look BAD.

Wave overall looks good, I'll get them all.

I think all the soft goods will look better in person/package than in picks.  It turned out that way with the previous Vintage Waves as well.

I remember the original Endor Leia had a pretty decent gun as well.  I just remember liking it as a kid b/c it was different and was very similar to the one in the movie.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2007, 04:01 PM »
I just want to ask the blue coat people why...the vintage figure?  I can see them doing this figure blue.  Its a vintage rerelease and it would be a nice homage but there is absolutely irrifutible proof that the coat is brown

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2007, 04:03 PM »
keep it brown. looks a little better.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2007, 04:07 PM »
there is absolutely irrifutible proof that the coat is brown

Only if you're a diehard SW fan who hangs out with other SW fans on chat boards!  If you're a casual fan who only watches the movies and collects vintage figures - then that's not true.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Blue is for Smurfs.  I prefer my Hoth Han brown.  But either way, I'll be ok.

;)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2007, 05:41 PM »
I like my Han brown too, I never see blue. Lucas should fix that like the Carbon scene (Han looks like he was wearing a vest).

Han- Nice much better than that Saga peice of **** we all have now. Why must they re-use the '04 VOTC  Han for every Vintage style Han? I hope his hood is removable or you can pull it up.

IG-88- Quite a gem here! I see SA when opened. Such an improvement!

Bossk- Only a few improvements compared to the rest of this year's line-up

Bespin Luke- WOW! No zit on his back! :o

Snow Trooper -I hope the final version has the bag things, so he looks accurate

Endor Leia- Complain about the knees all you want but she rocks.
Dammit Hasbro, another great line-up!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2007, 07:42 PM »
I know it's brown but I still see blue.  Damn you Kenner!  LOL! 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2007, 07:52 PM »
Is anyone else a little concerned on the Hoth Stormtrooper?   :-\  The more I look at that photo the more that leg pose is bugging the **** out of me...  I can deal with the skirt...  I can even fix that I think.  That leg pose is really starting to frighten me though as possibly a killer to this figure...  It is a little irking to think that the worst figure in the group might be the army builder, and that Hasbro might STILL be giving us pre-posed Snowtroopers.  Hmmm...

I'm really REALLY hoping it's just a trick of the way the figure is angled in the photo and things.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2007, 08:01 PM »
I just want to ask the blue coat people why...the vintage figure? 

For me that is the reason I always want Blue.  Simply Good Old Days Syndrome.  I can't even lie to myself and say that it looks blue anymore.   

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Is anyone else a little concerned on the Hoth Stormtrooper?   :-\  The more I look at that photo the more that leg pose is bugging the **** out of me...  I can deal with the skirt...  I can even fix that I think.  That leg pose is really starting to frighten me though as possibly a killer to this figure...  It is a little irking to think that the worst figure in the group might be the army builder, and that Hasbro might STILL be giving us pre-posed Snowtroopers.  Hmmm...

I'm really REALLY hoping it's just a trick of the way the figure is angled in the photo and things.

The more I look at it, the more I see it too. I'm sure the skirt will be fixed (as soft good accessories usually are, they always look bad on prototypes), but the leg stance does look a bit spread out. And it IS scary, as well. ALL the past Vintage figures have been sculpted in a neutral stance (except for C-3PO, but I don't count him as a Vintage figure :P), and it would certainly suck to see Hasbro start preposing them. And the Snowtrooper is a figure we've all wanted an SA version of for a good long while.

I suppose we'll have to wait for Toy Fair (or a Hasbro Q&A) to find out for sure.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2007, 09:36 AM »
One thing I did notice about the snowtrooper, if you look closely under the skirt, you can see what looks to be bags or holsters on both sides.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2007, 12:28 PM »

Those are ball jointed knees, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem with this figure... I think it looks fine.  If the legs are a bit staggered, I won't have a problem with it... all mine I get will be in a diorama anyway blasting some Rebels, and won't be standing "at attention."  Best looking figure of the bunch I think, but the kama does concern me a bit.  I hope it's not a fuzzy material like the VSTC Greedo vest.  That's the only potential downfall I see on this figure.

If we're looking for spread eagle poses, the Luke seems to suffer from that a bit more I think?  And I have no idea why they'd make the Leia's knee joints look so akward.  Should be an easy fix with a dremel though at least on Leia.

;)