Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138179 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2007, 08:22 AM »
Has Hasbro commented on the mailaway yet? Will it be UPC or little stickers like last year? Heat sealed packages?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2007, 11:13 AM »
It would be nice to see more than 2 Snowtroopers per case, but which figure to decrease to 1 per case?  Tough call.
I say it's gonna have to be Han or Bossk. Han pegwarmed the most last year & Bossk has 'Greedo' written all over him.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2007, 02:23 PM »
How about 2 per case!

EE Preorder!

I was looking forward to these figures, because uber-versions of snowtrooper, bespin luke, leia endor, and hoth han sounded great. Now that I see the picture, I think it is another clever ploy by the big H to cross-market: It appears all of the figures are designed with crotches/legs built to ride on My Little Pony toys, even IG-88  :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2007, 02:34 PM »
I am very happy they went with a nice 2x per figure case.  I feel the pain of those wanting more Snowtroopers in the box, but I'm glad they did it this way. 

It makes it nice and easy for me and the rest of the "one to open, one to keep carded" collectors.  Now when NewForce puts these up for pre-order, I can just grab myself a case and be done with it.   :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2007, 02:37 PM »
It's what I was hoping for, so I'm definitely ordering a case.  I hope that Snowtrooper isn't the final, or else I am taking my scissors to it.  Good lord, that looks bad.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Has Hasbro commented on the mailaway yet? Will it be UPC or little stickers like last year? Heat sealed packages?

From EE:

But wait, there's more! On every Vintage figure's package is the Ultimate Galactic Hunt 2007, a special mail-in offer! Pick up all the figures, and you can send off for a 7-coin set featuring coins for each of these six figures, plus a special bonus coin which was originally given away at Toy Fair 2007 in New York! Your collection of coins won't be complete unless you take advantage of this limited-time mail-in offer.

To get your set, collect and save the proof-of-purchase stickers from 6 vintage figure packages. Attach the stickers to the spaces on the front side of the mail-in certificate found inside the Vintage action figure packages. (You can have any combination of 6 stickers!)  Clearly print your name and address in the space provided.  Mail the completed certificate (name and address clearly printed, all 6 stickers attached) and a check or money order for $4.95 (made out to Vintage Figure Redemption) to:

Vintage Figure Redemption Request
PO Box 10790
Bozeman MT 59719-0790

All requests must be postmarked by February 29, 2008.

Your exclusive 2007 Vintage Figure Coin Box will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks from receipt of your redemption request.

This offer is good for a limited time only and while supplies last. Official Redemption Certificates must be postmarked by February 29, 2008. Incomplete entries (missing the Official Redemption Certificate, one or more proof-of-purchase stickers, and/or payment) will not be honored. No copies, duplicates or other reproductions will be accepted. HASBRO reserves the right to verify all redemptions and reject any insufficient redemption at its sole discretion. Offer valid for redemption by end users only; excludes resellers and distributors. Offer valid in U.S. only for fulfillment at U.S. addresses. No P.O. boxes will be accepted.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2007, 03:54 PM »
I personally think that just two Snowtroopers per case is a bad move.  Grrr... I think their "redemptions" hurt them in the long run by over-producing the other figures like Leia, while the number of Snowtroopers made is going to not meet demand.  Maybe it's just because my focus on collecting is only to make dioramas, and to do that I need more army builders, not coins. 

:P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2007, 04:00 PM »
There's always a chance they'll release an updated case with more Snowtroopers.  Maybe not, but it's possible.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2007, 04:04 PM »
It would be nice for sure Jesse.  I hope they do...

I think they should also go ahead and repack VOTC Stormtroopers into the shipments, with ANH cards too.  I know that we're already getting more Stormtroopers this year (and actually I like the Tantive IV Battlepack Stormie more) but I think that they would sell pretty good.  Though I could see some people getting pretty mad if they did that.

:P

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2007, 04:55 PM »
Why???
Hasbro could replace one of the warmers with a stormie.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2007, 05:13 PM »
I think they should also go ahead and repack VOTC Stormtroopers into the shipments, with ANH cards too. 

Not sure I follow the logic on that one...

$7 - 30AC #20 Stormtrooper (VOTC mold w/removable helmet)
$11 - VOTC Stormtrooper re-release

IMHO, it seems like a bad idea to re-release the VOTC carded version when there will be an arguably better, cheaper version of the same figure sculpt already on the pegs at the same time. 

Folks can't be that upset over the removable helmet that they'd want to waste $4 buying the VOTC version and skipping the 30AC version... then again I've seen stranger things happen.   ;)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2007, 05:29 PM »
Why???
Hasbro could replace one of the warmers with a stormie.

But in all actuallity they would replace a Snow Trooper with a Stormie...

They could put the Stormtrooper on an Empire Card this time around to keep with the theme.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2007, 05:50 PM »
Yeah, that makes sense to not want it now.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2007, 09:30 PM »
so whats the big mail in figure gonna be this time?

and whats going on with the snowtrooper? their not gonna release him and put a stormtrooper in his place? i agree thats a sad example of a snowtrooper but come on! a straight repack in the ten dollar plus vintage line how pathetic are things gonna get before 2019.

aside from that i personally cannot wait for the bespin Luke, endor Leia and ig-88. those are just as great as the first wave from '04.

{did some rereading of previous posts}

that is retarded! but very funny, i thought i was clever to wait and buy the whole group for less than 25 total back in mid-'05 on mark down at wal-mart. but wow, a 12.99 repack that i paid a straight bucks for two years ago or a better version with a removable helmet for barely eight bucks..lol who does the numbers at hasbro? or hell at least the thinking...

on a side note how much are they gonna make us pay for a quality DS2 Luke when they decide to dump one out on the market?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:35 PM by Darth Depressis »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2007, 09:34 PM »
so whats the big mail in figure gonna be this time?

No figure, just coins.

from EntertainmentEarth.com

On every Vintage figure's package is the Ultimate Galactic Hunt 2007, a special mail-in offer! Pick up all the figures, and you can send off for a 7-coin set featuring coins for each of these six figures, plus a special bonus coin which was originally given away at Toy Fair 2007 in New York! Your collection of coins won't be complete unless you take advantage of this limited-time mail-in offer.

To get your set, collect and save the proof-of-purchase stickers from 6 vintage figure packages.
Attach the stickers to the spaces on the front side of the mail-in certificate found inside the Vintage action figure packages. (You can have any combination of 6 stickers!)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:35 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird