Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138184 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Wave
« Reply #570 on: July 23, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Keep an eye out then, the ones by me are down to $5.98 - as of the other day they had everything other than the Snowtrooper.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #571 on: July 23, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Ours are the same, and I usually seen everyone but the Snowtrooper and maybe IG-88.  The other four (particularly Leia) are everywhere.

Got my coins in the mail today, too.  :)

John

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #572 on: July 23, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Man, I'd love to get really any of them at that price.  Many Target stores around here cleared out with the first round of clearances and not a single VTAC to be seen.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 25, 2007, 12:04 PM »
They restocked the pegs again, so I did get a Snowtrooper yesterday, but still at 8.69. I'll look again next week and see if they're down further.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 25, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Quick question in regards to the coin mailaway promo - do you have to send in six different figure tabs (one each from the six different figures) or can it be any combination of the vintage six?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #575 on: July 25, 2007, 02:00 PM »
All the 07 stickers are the same.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #576 on: July 25, 2007, 02:17 PM »
I wonder if you can send in '06 stickers and get it?  I got some clearance Han's and may try that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 2, 2007, 03:02 PM »
Yes clearance @ $2.98, finally picked up the whole wave- Snowtroops, but I did pick 4 of them up at full price.  Time to go see if they'll give some money back since I hadn't opened them yet and I still have the reciept. 

Digging bossk, I think I might army build him and just switch out some feet for boots, lizard arms for sleeved/gloved arms, and head for helmet. @ 2.98 You can't beat it.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #578 on: August 2, 2007, 03:40 PM »
The few I fing (Han/Leia) are still $8.63!
I will have to expand my target search..........at $3.00 I would buy IG' Bossks and Snows.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 3, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Some of my Targets by-passed half off and went directly to $3. Too bad none of them have stocked a new case in over a month. I'm still short 4 Snowtroopers. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 3, 2007, 01:29 PM »
I checked our Target this morning hoping to find some clearanced VTSC, but no go.  They did re-set the aisle, but I didn't see anything in the clearance areas from SW.  I didn't really know if I would, they seemed to be nearly sold out at full price last week anyways.  Its too bad though, I definitely would have picked up some extras at $3 or so.  Heck, I'd have gotten some if they had seen the $6-something clearance here.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #581 on: August 3, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Het guys, I don't mean to be a downerr, but by waiting for these to go into clearance, you are giving Hasbro the notion that you don't want 10.00 figures.  If that's the point you're trying to make, then I'm all for it.  However, if you really like these figures and the packaging, you should pay full price and send a message of approval.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 3, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Target is eating the loss.  They've already paid Hasbro what they asked for.  It's not Hasbro's fault that Target puts everything on clearance a month after its release.  Besides, Target was over-charging for these to begin with.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #583 on: August 3, 2007, 05:15 PM »
I kind of agree with iFett on that Mike, but at the same time Hasbro does take note on what's selling and what isn't...  But I also feel it's good to send TARGET a message and not buy there at full price, when they clearly were gouging to get an extra couple $'s out of the collectors on that line.

WM on the other hand is selling through multiple cases at $10, so I think Hasbro's seeing that these sell, and I'm sure they also see that Target shot itself in the foot by jacking up their prices over their competition.  To me this is 100% Target's fault and i don't blame anyone for waiting on them there.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 10, 2007, 09:02 AM »
It is odd that Target would mark them all the way down to $3.  Granted they will certainly sell at that price.  But geez from $12 down to $3?  That is a really deep discount for something that has only been out a couple months.  Plus it's lower than the standard $7 they charge for basic figures.  Oh well, can't complain if you find them for that low of a price.