Author Topic: 30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 86785 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 30th Anniversay Wave 4 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 06:04 PM »
These look awesome, makes me really wish we were getting Yarna. Other than that, great stuff. This new stuff looks great.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 06:15 PM »
I have to admit that Hasbro is hitting a lot of areas this year.  It's a bit thin on Ep1 though.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Boba's sweet, nice to see more Holiday Special figures.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Another fantastic wave. I'll be picking up one of everything. Any word on if Boba is a simple VOTC repaint or does he have any new parts?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 08:00 PM »
ill get them all. bobas pretty sharp, luke looks cool, CZ-3 i cant describe how happy i am, especially cause it looks like the first protocol droid with articulated arms. umpass looks very preposed but heck what else duz he do in the movie. itll suck if he has no drum but if he does ill pick him up.

cool hasbro, keep it up!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Thoughts again...

-CZ-3...  Outstanding and fills one of the last truly unique droid designs left to get to from the original trilogy...  Love this freak, and would love a beat up version of him for a Sandcrawler variant of the figure.  It's great.

-Luke...  I'd always harped I wanted a SA Jedi Luke with a removable vest piece...  Looks like I might be getting my wish, eh?  The bone's a cool accessory too, I just hope he has a little more than that.  I'm already stoked on this one though, so kudos to Hasbro for a job well done it seems.

-Fett...  He may not be everyone's cup of tea but to me he's pretty cool.  :)  I know we're not gonna get many Holiday Special figures so I'm cherishing this one.  Super Articulated, spiffy colors, a trident...  missing a prong I guess.  A bident?  I like it a lot and I know a certain kid who's gonna want that one.  Working holster, SA...  I'm in.

-Umpass Stay...  You guys may hate me at this point...  Worst figure of anything new we've seen I think.  The legs are clearly HORRIBLY pre-posed with zero articulation besides the hips, and really why articulate them at all with these pre-posed goofy sculpts?  Save a buck.  ::)  The upper body looks pretty cool, sculpt's outstanding, but this figure is little more than $7+ set dressing for someone's diorama...  Not a great "toy" I guess is my point...  He's just disappointing me because he looks like a major throwback to 2002/early 2003...  Whatcha gonna do though?  At least it wasn't a guy who was out fighting on the skiffs.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 09:45 PM »
And Umpass is missing his drum!  So far.  I'm sure it will pop up along with the vaparator.  He sort of makes me think he's been in a drawer the last few years; the rest of these figs all feature way too good articulation to be related to this guy.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 10:38 PM »
I bet there will be some type of Deluxe or even a bigger Battle Pack-sized set that has the other drummer and the drum piece. It seems strange to only offer that guy and no drum.

Though maybe I'll be surprised and they'll pack one with Umpass.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 11:35 PM »
It definitely looks like an interesting lineup.  I don't think we're seeing the entire wave though, as there are only 4 figures from the wave and other waves we've seen have at least 5-6 figures per set.

Luke - Nice.  The bone is a cool accessory, and I think Hasbro's taking a cue from the Rancor beast pack of the POTF2 line with that.  I like that the tunic is softgoods and removable, so that we can use this Luke for a Death Star 2 version as well.  I don't see a lightsaber with him or another right hand, but those accesories might not be pictured.

CZ-3 - YES!  A very nice addition to our droid pool.  I for one don't remember seeing CZ-3 in Jabba's Palace, but there's so much to take in their visually that we're bound to miss something.  I'll probably put CZ-3 with my Sandcrawler or in a Mos Eisley display, but either way this figure is a welcome addition.

Umpass Stay - It's really funny about this character.  I saw him on a lot of ROTJ collector wishlists, but I feel like I see almost as much outcry from fans that Lucas shouldn't have changed the musical number in ROTJ which added this character.  I get a little bit of a chuckle out of that.  But it's nice to see this figure on the list.  I think that there might be a drum accessory with this figure that isn't pictured.  The reason being that Hasbro told us that there will be a moisture vaporator accessory with Luke this year, yet we didn't see one with the Luke figure in wave 3.

Boba Fett - Very cool.  In fact, that's just about the ONLY cool thing to come out of the Star Wars Holiday Special.  That thing is unwatchable except for the cartoon.  It's nice to see Boba's first appearance immortalized in plastic.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I have to admit that Hasbro is hitting a lot of areas this year.  It's a bit thin on Ep1 though.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

No, not really :0)  About all they can do with that is make some SA Kenobi and Jinn and Maul. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 09:36 AM »
Decent wave. No as exciting as wave 3.

Luke, looking good, hope he can be modified into DSII Luke.

CZ-3, thank goodness, now everyone can stop begging for him. ;)

Boba is kinda cool. I wonder how he'd look if they had gone further with a cartoony sculpt.

Umpas, good looking sculpt, but to statuesque. Reminds me of POTF2.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Honestly, I'm surprised LFL allowed Hasbro to produce the Holiday Special Boba Fett considering George has come out and said that if he could destroy every copy in circulation, he would.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Honestly, I'm surprised LFL allowed Hasbro to produce the Holiday Special Boba Fett considering George has come out and said that if he could destroy every copy in circulation, he would.

LFL will approve anything to make a buck these days. Hell, they approved Boba Fett on a motorcycle and it doesn't get more embarrasing then that...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:56 PM by Madcow »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 05:49 PM »
Luke- *sigh* Yes
CZ-3- :o Ball-joint arms on a protocol droid!
Umpass- PASS!
Boba-YES! The only decent part of the HS!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 05:08 PM »
i don't like the umpass stay legs, rest ok

luke looks good, but i would like him with sword better

boba fett, no interest, i hate the concept figures

the droid is ok
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 05:11 PM by IshiTib »
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.