Author Topic: SA Open Seasons Jango Fett (Alt Outfit)  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Maxxsium

• Youngling
    • View Profile
SA Open Seasons Jango Fett (Alt Outfit)
« on: January 28, 2007, 09:35 AM »
This custom is based on one of the outfits Jango had on in the "Open Seasons" comic series. I took some artistic license, as I only had one image to work from. He was made using a VOTC Fett, leather (for the holsters), styrene (shin armor), and green stuff (thigh armor, pants, shoe armor). The only thing I may consider having another go at is the shin armor (next time with thinner styrene), but other than that, I'm pretty happy with how this guy came out, and I really prefer him over my last Jango custom.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SA Open Seasons Jango Fett (Alt Outfit)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:44 PM »
nice custom. i was never able to find issue 1 and 4  :'( though.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 02:12 PM »
Haven't got the Open Seasons comics either, but it's available at TFAW.com. Just do a search for Jango Fett and you'll find the TPB.

Anyway, Maxxsium, you made a very good Jango Fett. I really like how you made a different figure with all those little details. I don't see anything wrong with the shin armor, but since you say it's too thick, looking at it from the front doesn't show that  :). Only his left shoulder plate seems a bit off.

Paintwise I have no gripes at all, except for my idiotic compulsive approach to visors: put a bit of clear gloss on it  ;). That's just me though. The weathering and painting of the tubes, flame/dart thrower thing and the rifle are top notch!

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Hmmm, I found all the issues, very nice comics.

You did great on this jango!
I love the way yours turned out, the shin armor looks great too.
I like the use of leather for the holsters.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:05 AM »
neat, great detail and articulation, cool holsters! nice work, keep it up.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 07:15 PM »
ABSOLUTELY fantastic!  The colors work really well and you've done one heck of a job on the weathering.  The leather holsters I'm on the fence about only because I get weary using soft goods in such a small scale.

The grey color for the armor I think is great though.  The red on the visor contrasts perfectly with the dull look of the armor and jumpsuit.

The shin armor definitely has the right shape, but I agree that a slightly thinner styrene sheet would yield even more realistic results.

Overall, a GREAT job!

Offline Maxxsium

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 2, 2007, 01:01 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys, this one was fun to make. I actually got the ideas for the holsters after seeing the great stuff Hemble does with soft goods, and the good part is they only took about two minutes to make, and aeseven, I looked at how you weathered your Mandos and tried to do something similair with this guy. Hopefully I can tackle more Mandos from this comic book series soon, but next I'm gonna take a shot at a Commander Rohlan custom and see how that works out.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2007, 01:02 AM by Maxxsium »