Collectibles > Kubricks

Toning Down...

(1/6) > >>

Crackbrick:
I'll start off by saying that there will still be Bricks N' Beer, so don't worry, there will always be a silly hat to see.

I've had enough with being a completest.
As much as I love the Bricks, keeping up with the Chase figures has just done me in.
Its much to expensive and even when you save $$ by throwing down for a case, the investment is allot of $$ to slap down at once.

I'm going to stick to a few Bricks per Series (especially if they are Imperials) and maybe some of the lower end Carded ones that they release in the future.  Whatever catches my eye, just not the entire series anymore.  If there happens to be a chase I want I'll take my chance with Bricks n' Beer!

I'd also like to keep some $$ open for the higher end stuff like the RAH Fett and a 400% Fett.
So as you see I'm not done, just not going to keep as much stuff and keep the collection small.

I keep telling myself that I won't spend allot of $$ on toys but I already went insane this year, so I have to make a change, my house and car are being neglected!

So keep your eyes peeled in the For Sale section.

Doc

--
I Dream of Kubricks...

nitro:
I always looked forward to your Bricks N' Beer posts. They were always fun to see posted and you looked like you were having fun doing it. I wish you luck with the new collections!

I went through the same thing after purchasing my final set of SW Kubricks from Series 6. It was just too much to play catch up because I started collecting far too late (when Series 5 hit). I figured putting my money into something I still loved which was Star Wars higher end pieces from Sideshow. I bought much of the Premium Format line and think they look fantastic on display for my movie room. As far as the Kubricks, I thought about picking up a few...but Medicoms RAH line looks unreal (have you seen the pics of Vader, Stormtrooper, and Fett!!) and their are more PF's on the way. I look back that the Kubricks will always have a special place, but I can't fathom spending that kind of money again for a 2" toy...I just keep thinking about that any time I have an itch to get back into collecting SW Kubs...Save myself alot of money that way!!  :)

maulsith:

--- Quote from: Crackbrick on January 29, 2007, 09:47 PM ---I'll start off by saying that there will still be Bricks N' Beer, so don't worry, there will always be a silly hat to see.

I've had enough with being a completest.
As much as I love the Bricks, keeping up with the Chase figures has just done me in.
Its much to expensive and even when you save $$ by throwing down for a case, the investment is allot of $$ to slap down at once.

I'm going to stick to a few Bricks per Series (especially if they are Imperials) and maybe some of the lower end Carded ones that they release in the future.  Whatever catches my eye, just not the entire series anymore.  If there happens to be a chase I want I'll take my chance with Bricks n' Beer!

I'd also like to keep some $$ open for the higher end stuff like the RAH Fett and a 400% Fett.
So as you see I'm not done, just not going to keep as much stuff and keep the collection small.

I keep telling myself that I won't spend allot of $$ on toys but I already went insane this year, so I have to make a change, my house and car are being neglected!

So keep your eyes peeled in the For Sale section.

Doc

--
I Dream of Kubricks...

--- End quote ---
:o :o Hard choice to make ya...but I respected your decision..

Crackbrick:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Indeed I did see the RAH stuff, it played a part in my rethinking what I collect!
I have the Stormtrooper and I want the Fett as well as a 400% Kubrick Fett.

I just can't afford everything so I'll be happy with a few expensive pieces along with a few small things here and there.

Just posted a partial list.

CB

Crackbrick:
I sold just about everything I wanted to.
Only have the Imperial Officer and a Carded Luke, so get em while you can!
I need to raise funds for a MC of Series 8...if they ever announce it and my new Crack: RAH (CRAHK)

Lobot! Lobot!  Lobot!

Rock on
CB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version