Author Topic: Sculpting with Fixit - Basic Shapes - Rectangular  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Sculpting with Fixit - Basic Shapes - Rectangular
« on: January 30, 2007, 04:29 AM »
Again, not the end-all of tutorials, but hopefully it'll help a beginner or two.  :D

As always, feel free to append and add advice, etc.

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
Re: Sculpting with Fixit - Basic Shapes - Rectangular
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:26 PM »
I saw your other post here on using Fixit to make straight lines and I found it very helpful (now that I will prob swich to Fixit from Premo sculpey  ;D).

Thanks for this tutorial too. I got alot just from the DETAILED pics and your info.

Oooooooh, a clay syringe? :o

What other attachments does it come with? Any to make thinner strands like in the last pic? Where did you find it? Price? Ease of use? Too many questions? :P

Thanks again for this!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Sculpting with Fixit - Basic Shapes - Rectangular
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:29 PM »
No probs Noodle.

The "syringe" was bought at a Hobby Lobby for 10 bucks.  It's a Sculpey product, so I'm sure you could find it elsewhere.  Here's a pic of what it looks like:

It comes with attachments that'll make circular, triangular, square, rectangular, and even 3-leaf clover beads!  Yay!  It will certainly make thinner strands.  The only drawback to using it with Fixit is it's difficult to clean.  Make sure you dip the syringe in water before you put the Fixit in.