Author Topic: 30AC Sith Infiltrator  (Read 35204 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
30AC Sith Infiltrator
« on: February 5, 2007, 12:36 AM »
Well, this looks like the ship we're all going to bitch about.   :-\

It doesn't look as bad as I thought, but Hasbro has to milk the SW license for another 10 years so...........there will be another.  I'm sure of it.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2007, 10:41 AM by Jeff »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Sith Infiltrator
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Well, this looks like the ship we're all going to bitch about.   :-\

Out of all the pics, there's only one that really gives a sense of scale:

So either that guy has some seriously huge mitts, or the ship's really underscaled.

It doesn't look as bad as I thought, but Hasbro has to milk the SW license for another 10 years so...........there will be another.  I'm sure of it.

There will never be another Infiltrator besides this one.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2007, 01:03 AM »
I knew it's be under-scaled, but that's ridiculous. Though, I don't know what else I could have expected. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2007, 01:36 AM »
I'm just guessing, but that thing might be like 1:50 scale or something close to that...  1:32 seems still off substantially.  That's funny.  It might be a good SW Miniatures set piece though.  Some Kenner/Hasbro stuff makes great tabletop gaming set pieces.

This is an easy pass for me upon seeing the pictures...  I didn't have high hopes anyway though for $20.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2007, 05:29 AM »
The guy doesn't have huge mitts.  The ship is small.  I think I'd pass, but I'm not 100% until I see a figure next to it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2007, 07:04 AM »
Come on, guys....we KNEW this ship was going to be small (to fit into the $20 "starfighter" price range) and Hasbro ships are never, ever, ever to scale.

I don't see this as being any worse than the Falcon, the TIE's, the AT AT, Slave I....yeah, it's small, but it looks cool.  It looks like the real ship, it'll hold a Maul figure.....I'm very happy and can't wait to pick it up.

It seems like if you're complaining about scale, you're in the wrong hobby.  :)
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2007, 08:05 AM »
I am not surprised by the size at all.  We knew it would be small for $20 and it is.   I don't really care.  His ship was in the film for about 2 scenes and did zilch.  It will be nice for a backdrop in a diorama I guess?

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 5, 2007, 08:50 AM »
  :-\ watch Maul won't even fit in there like Kit Fisto and his starfighter :P >:( :(
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 30AC Sith Infiltrator
« Reply #8 on: February 5, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I think Maul will fit in there fine.  I figured it would have to be the size of the Jedi starfighters.  On one hand it's a shame it's so out of scale, and on the other, it's cool they're even doing it at all.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 5, 2007, 01:49 PM »
I tend to agree with Quazar on this one. Aside from all that, it's a neat toy... and to be perfectly honest, I'm thrilled to even be getting a new vehicle from Episode I.

I'll probably pick it up online.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 5, 2007, 01:55 PM »

So either that guy has some seriously huge mitts, or the ship's really underscaled.

You're not surprised, are you?  Surely, (being you handle every single QNA from Hasbro) you knew that it'd small enough to fit in the $20 starfighter box...

There will never be another Infiltrator besides this one.

You're right on that.  Outside of the Titanium version of course!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #11 on: February 5, 2007, 02:47 PM »
You're not surprised, are you?  Surely, (being you handle every single QNA from Hasbro) you knew that it'd small enough to fit in the $20 starfighter box...

Sure, I knew it was gonna be tiny, but I didn't think it'd be that tiny.

No complaints, though--I'm in the camp that thinks it's better to have a small Infiltrator for $20, than none at all, ever. . .

You're right on that.  Outside of the Titanium version of course!

But of course.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 5, 2007, 03:09 PM »
The kid in me really likes how they designed the ship to open to reveal missiles for shooting the good guys (at least, I think that's what it's supposed to be for).  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 5, 2007, 04:48 PM »
I was wondering when images like this were going to surface.  Well, we had to expect something like this when Hasbro said in the Q&A's that they were scaling this ship for the Assault Vehicles line.

I've always thought that to even get this toy in the ballpark, it would have to be sized like the B-Wing.  But that would probably doom it to being an exclusive and limit it's potential profitability.

I recall seeing an image that shows the cockpit.  It looks like it's going to be a tight fit, even for the Saga Legends Darth Maul that's on the way.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 5, 2007, 07:50 PM »
wow, kind of a bummer. ugly and small. too bad, but about what i expected from hasbro.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!