Author Topic: recent scores  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
recent scores
« on: June 6, 2003, 03:11 AM »
I just snagged this.  Pretty bad listing description, and someone had listed this auction on RS.  But it has the Blue Snaggletooth, and the ???  Han in Stormtrooper disguise???  It's worth scouring eBay.  Let's just hope the conditions aren't too bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3133269336&category=2475&rd=1

Fair or No???
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: recent scores
« Reply #1 on: June 6, 2003, 03:40 AM »
Looks like a pretty decent score to me Hung, especially considering there's a Blue Snag in there.  But $126 for that lot of Vintage figures is pretty good if you asked me.  Terrible auction picture and description there though.  Hopefully the figures are in pretty good condition.  Let us know how they turned out when you get to see them up close and personal!

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 6, 2003, 07:36 AM »
Yep, E-bay hunting in the odd weekday hours and such will pay off. A friend of mine told me the other day that he saw a boxed Sear's Creature Cantina sell for $42.....the good part? It had a sealed Blue Snaggletooth in it.......and was pictured in the auction.
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2003, 09:08 AM »
Those descriptions of the figures are hilarious.  Desert man with turban got me going.  ;D
Not a bad price for them, though I think the Han Stormtrooper is the new one. Hard to tell with that picture. Still, to find an Alien in blue outfit in the bunch is not too bad at all. Now you just have to wait till they arrive & check out the condition of old Blue Snaggy.  
Keep us posted.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2003, 12:40 AM »
Those descriptions of the figures are hilarious.  Desert man with turban got me going.  ;D
Not a bad price for them, though I think the Han Stormtrooper is the new one. Hard to tell with that picture. Still, to find an Alien in blue outfit in the bunch is not too bad at all. Now you just have to wait till they arrive & check out the condition of old Blue Snaggy.  
Keep us posted.
I honestly didn't see the Snaggletooth until later.  I first eyed the Luke ST???  I think it's Luke, he listed a 1977 date for him.  He has a helmet.  I'm too lazy to go dig mine out.  I hope they are in decent shape.  I really only need the Snaggletooth.  I have a Luke St, so I'll probably sell/trade it for something I do need.  I'll keep y'all posted.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2003, 10:27 PM »
That's a great score there HS!  The first figure I saw in the picture was the Blue Snaggletooth.  He stuck out like a sore thumb.  I have two of them, and they're very noticeable in ANY collection.  For $126 I think that was a great purchase!  Hopefully that Blue Snag is in good condition.

I would have been bidding against you if i had known about this auction.   ;)
dustrho

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2003, 10:07 AM »
Yeah, that's why I like to know the eBay names of my SW buddies.  I'm a vicious eBay sniper, as you can see by the auctions bid history, and I hate to drive the price up on a pal.  I had my eye on this one for a while.  With about 5 hours to go , someone posted it on Rebelscum!!!! >:( >:( >:(  i guess it pays to stay up late.

Offline chris solo

• Youngling
  • Smuggler
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2003, 10:54 AM »
One thing I notice about ebay is if the guy wants to pull something on you they give a bad picture and/or poor description.

In this case you're probably OK, but  sometimes you will get a "Desert man with turban" who from a distance looks like Dengar. The seller will protect themselves from lying by hiding behind the idea that they don't know any better.

I have seen someone with over 300 ebay sales (mostly Star Wars) playing dumb in a similar manner and you could really see a GI Joe figure half covered looking like an important Star Wars fig. "All sales final" and "ask any questions before bidding" do hold alot of water.

"Buyer Beware" is a good point. ;)

Sorry if I seemed to stray off of topic a bit. :)
Laugh it up fuzzball !!! Bleep, Bleep

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2003, 11:03 AM »
I try to approach eBay with a grain of scepticism.