Author Topic: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed  (Read 103872 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2008, 10:56 AM »
My preorder on the game still says April so until that gets changed I'm not worried.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2008, 11:03 AM »
It will be interesting to see if this is indeed delayed again.  I guess it doesn't much matter to me right now, since I can't afford a next-gen system at the moment, but it is disappointing overall.  We'll have to see what happens to the figures/products if this is true.  Its not too far off now, so you would think they might be too far along in the "pipeline" that they would have to come out at the normal time.  It certainly would be too late to replace them I would think, unless Hasbro knew about this further in advance (again, if true).  I guess a little break wouldn't be so bad, since this year is going to be expensive enough the way it is.  I still haven't decided how much TFU stuff I will be picking up.  I have to cut back somewhere this year, and this might be a good area.  I'll like pick up the troops (Evo/Jump) and the Vader and Royal Guards, but we'll see beyond that.  Those "fit in" well enough with the rest of the Star Wars world :).

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2008, 11:22 AM »
I not upset about the game delay much,  I've been itching to play it on the Wii.  I think that unless Hasbro had some kind of advanced notice or backup plan in place incase the happen the basic stuff will probably stay on schedule any store exclusives will get delayed until game release.  When it comes it comes.  If it doesn't less I have to spend. 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2008, 12:59 PM »
Sounds like the delay has been confirmed by Lucas Licensing, with a new date of Aug. 26, according to WIZARD.  I wonder if anyone will ask about this in the next Q and A?  ;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2008, 01:14 PM »
  ::)

:P

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 01:15 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2008, 01:39 PM »
I get less and less excited with each delay, with both the game and the figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2008, 09:03 PM »
This is exactly why toy companies don't want to tie into video games.  The gaming buisness is very unpredictable, and games can get delayed months or years at a time.  Hollywood movies stay on tight schedules for release, so it's easy for toy companies to coordinate their business.

These delays could totally screw up the whole year for Lucasfilm.  TFU was supposed to happen in the spring, an Clone Wars in the fall, now they'll both (maybe) be hitting at the same time, causing a glut.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Thats why they should've had the games tie into the Toys(comics).  ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 09:29 PM by Darth Vorax »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2008, 08:14 AM »
Thats why they should've had the games tie into the Toys(comics).  ;)

Agreed, when the game was looking like it was going to be delayed, they should have taken the approach that The Force Unleashed story was a Novel and a comic and a series of Toys that would also be backed up by a next-gen console game.

If you all recall, the SOTE promotion was a Book First, Comic Second, Toys Third and oh yeak, there's a Nintento 64 game too.

If I were to guess as to why the game is delayed, it probably has to do with that interactive physics/AI engine they built. I can't think of the name of it right now.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Game delay is incredibly common in the gaming industry. I'm a little surprised Habsro didn't make more well thought out contingency plans.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2008, 02:08 PM »
Well, I think LucasArts is committed to an '08 release for the game.  They have two licensees that are ready to ship related product now.  LEGO already has the Rogue Shadow ship out on shelves.

If this delay is tied in with a platform specific delay, then that's a real head scratcher.  Sure, the Wii would be a very cool platform to play this title on, especially with the dynamics of the controller and it's possible use for a lightsaber.  But I think there are more people who own the PS-3 and X-BOX 360 who are just as eager to get the game.  Release the Wii version when it's ready, but get this game to market already.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2008, 05:02 PM »
Usually game delays, means a lousy product. Well, wait and see how things turn.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Is this game even real? Or is it just something to get out hopes crushed?   ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2008, 10:55 PM »
Is this game even real? Or is it just something to get out hopes crushed?   ::)

I'm really starting to wonder that myself...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Well, I think LucasArts is committed to an '08 release for the game.  They have two licensees that are ready to ship related product now.  LEGO already has the Rogue Shadow ship out on shelves.

If this delay is tied in with a platform specific delay, then that's a real head scratcher.  Sure, the Wii would be a very cool platform to play this title on, especially with the dynamics of the controller and it's possible use for a lightsaber.  But I think there are more people who own the PS-3 and X-BOX 360 who are just as eager to get the game.  Release the Wii version when it's ready, but get this game to market already.

dont forget the comics that are supposed to come out for this game.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: