Author Topic: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed  (Read 104151 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2008, 06:35 PM »
TFU should be renamed from "The Force Unleashed" to "The Force Unraveled."

Or maybe "The Force Unreleased"...heh heh.

I see your "Force and Unreleased" and raise you another pun...

"The Farce Unreleased"

:)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 4, 2008, 12:34 PM »
Picked up a Jumptrooper yesterday at a toy show here in town for a fair price.  Couldn't resist.  Just wanted to say that it's one awesome figure!  The only thing keeping it from perfection is the fact that he doesn't have a ball-jointed waist.  Anyway, here's a pic.

Binders full of astromechs...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 4, 2008, 02:00 PM »
Congrats on scoring it early... I'd overpay some for this to have it early.  It looks great!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: February 4, 2008, 05:43 PM »
He looks cool FG...

For the curious about the new designs, they seem very planet-specific.  The one guy I know is pictured on a pretty inhospitable planet, so I'm much more accepting of the new designs than the repainted Stormtroopers from this series of figures.  It is sort of a shame really that there's only two new designs actually, as I think they're pretty neat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 4, 2008, 06:37 PM »
I agree completely Jesse.  These new armor designs look fantastic.  It's the repaints of the basic Stormies that seems stupid.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 4, 2008, 07:16 PM »
These new armor designs look fantastic.  It's the repaints of the basic Stormies that seems stupid.

Exactly my thoughts as well.  Emphasis on stupid.  ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 4, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Sweet Jumper - thanks for posting!  I was not impressed with the fig initially, but its growing on me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 4, 2008, 09:47 PM »
so i guess thats what a phase 3 armor cody would look like. the figure looks great though. can't wait to build a squad of him.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 5, 2008, 09:00 AM »
I agree. I don't know why I like this figure and the EVA one so much more than the stormtrooper repaints.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 5, 2008, 09:19 AM »
What I like about them is that they are finally using the mouth part of the helmets for something functional. The hoses LOOK like they should fit there.

I'm very much looking forward to building a squad of these. Had I still been in my big army building days I would have bought at least 20 of them. I'm cutting back, plus I'm not giving as much credit to TFU for being canon, so I don't typically build troops up because of that. (Though I did go a little nuts on the Mace clones-hard to pass up battle packs for $10 when you get 4 clones in them...)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 5, 2008, 09:22 AM »
I agree. I don't know why I like this figure and the EVA one so much more than the stormtrooper repaints.

Maybe like me and others, stormtroopers were always seen as WHITE. So to fool with them and color them is nigh onto sacriledge. Even Sandtroopers were white (if dirty from the sand and not including the paulrons).

The Jump and EVO troopers are nearly all white as well with a smidge of grey on them. So they feel closer to OT. The painted stormies just feel like a cash grab and I think THAT is what is putting off a lot of collectors to the repaints.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2008, 12:32 AM »
I just got charged for my Wave 2 case from New Force so these should be shipping to stores anytime now.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Wow, Target really is behind.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2008, 10:04 AM »
I almost ordered that case from NF, but with the extras (repacks) I decided to pass...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Wow, Target really is behind.

Same with TRU for some reason.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN