Author Topic: Darth Vader Water Globe  (Read 3075 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Darth Vader Water Globe
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:58 PM »
I was visiting the Christmas Castle today (going out of business sale) and stumbled across a Darth Vader water globe.  The helmet comes off to reveal Anakin and Obi-Wan in a duel.   When turned on, vader's breathing comes on and the globe lights up from the inside and you can see Anakin and Obi-Wan dueling through the eyes in the mask.  It was an awesome find and I just wanted to share a few pictures with everyone.

*crap-images loaded way to big...I'm still trying to figure this out...I guess you have to scroll over a little to see the whole thing.*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:00 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Vader Water Globe
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:32 PM »
 ;)I have that myself,but I haven't had the chance to open it! :P Now I got something to look forward to 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 11:59 PM »
I've heard of this water globe but these are by far the best pictures I've seen of it.  Thanks Beth!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Thanks for sharing; I haven't seen this before.  This is a cool neat little thing (although I don't know if I can call it little).  I did picked up the small version DV with Death Star snowball snowglobe last year.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Beth, can you tell me how much it was if you don't mind me asking?  I've wanted that, but not for the outrageous prices I've seen...  We don't have those stores around but I'm curious nonetheless.  That and the AT-AT Snowglobe are the two I'd most love to have in my collection. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 08:36 PM »
The tag was for $60.00 but everything in the store was 35% off so, with tax, it came to $41.73.  I have no idea if that was outrageous or not.  It really is a fun piece.  To look through the eyes and see the duel as the light flickers on and off, along with the breathing....well, it's just too cool.
Beth

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 1, 2007, 06:19 PM »
I've got the ANH and AT-AT globes I really want to pick this one up but havent been able to find it in the UK I had to buy the two I do have  from the starwars site and after import tax they cost more than I would have wanted to pay for them so don't want to import this one.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.