Author Topic: 30AC Pegwarmers?  (Read 73567 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC pegwarmers
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Definitely stands great!  I'm lucky to have scored 6 of the SBD so far... I love this figure.  They finally got him right!

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2007, 04:25 AM »
BTW, I mentioned putting the R2 on the SBD's shoulders...  It DOES fit.  Weird, but true.  And it can hold it, but I think the weight and stuff will topple the SBD eventually.  It obviously is made to be over the torso though, not over the shoulders...  It just can go over the shoulders. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Since1978

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2007, 03:19 PM »
My concern lies with Obi-Wan and R2 - with them both being packed two per case, and from what I've seen in terms of leftovers so far, those are almost always what's left.  While the new Obi-Wan has some redeeming qualities, we've had too many of them in the last year. Fortunately, it's only the first wave, we'll see how they do in the initial wave of popularity for the 30AC.

Should have included another McQuarrie Trooper and one or the other of the clones (probably the Marine) - I think even the SBD will cool off in the short term.

'78

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2007, 03:28 PM »
My concern lies with Obi-Wan and R2 - with them both being packed two per case, and from what I've seen in terms of leftovers so far, those are almost always what's left.  While the new Obi-Wan has some redeeming qualities, we've had too many of them in the last year. Fortunately, it's only the first wave, we'll see how they do in the initial wave of popularity for the 30AC.

Should have included another McQuarrie Trooper and one or the other of the clones (probably the Marine) - I think even the SBD will cool off in the short term.

'78

The proper ratios you speak of take over with the Wave 1 revision wave.  At the end of this month the shipments should switch over to:

2x Galactic Marine
1x R2-D2
2x Mustafarian Lava Miner
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi
2x Utapau Airborne Trooper
1x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
1x Mace Windu
2x Super Battle Droid.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2007, 05:32 PM »
i think that obi wan and r2 won't sell very well
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2007, 02:37 PM »
I had my first encounter with the 30AC figures and it was only Obi-wan and R2. I passed on them hoping to pick up the wave all at once.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2007, 12:32 AM »
I don't consider a figure to be a pegwarmer for at least 6 months after it's release.  Having a figure on a shelf for 4 weeks to 6 months is just good availability.

Well, now I've read both extremes.  Of course, I've just found this topic and started from the back.  I would't go to this extreme, but 1-2 weeks does not a pegwarmer make.  I've yet to see any figures in my area (St. Louis), though I know several have... I've just been two steps behind so far.  But eventually, I bet Obi & R2 will pegwarm here.   But I like that "good availability" phrase.  Maybe having figures on a shelf 2-4 weeks is good availability and depending on how many of each figure is on the peg.

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Han Solo how many solos are there? :-X
death star trooper
Vader
3po
rebel honor guard
I suck.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2007, 12:03 PM »
death star trooper
Vader
3po
rebel honor guard
2 Solos, a basic figure & a Hoth version, wow that's alot.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2007, 12:05 PM »
Obi.

Yep, nothing to be found in stores now except Obi.  He ain't moving folks, so be prepared. :P

From February 13th to March 26th, same two Obi-Wan TAC figures on the pegs.  Does this agree with people's definition?  Sure, I was early posting it, but tell me I was wrong?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Yep, that's warming when it the last TAC figure there it's warming. Why this year? I never found TSC Obi, but eventually found Cody & the oarnge clone ?  ???
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2007, 07:28 PM »
death star trooper
Vader
3po
rebel honor guard

I hate DS Trooper but even I know it'll go very quickly with fans that don't hate this sculpt and have been 'quality blinded' if you will simply by the long wait for a redone version. I actually think the POTF2 version is better, and thats just sad. But a lot of people probably disagree with me, so yeah, it'll go fast.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2007, 07:40 PM »

I hate DS Trooper ...I actually think the POTF2 version is better, and thats just sad.

You are most certainly entitled to your perspective.  But I really want to understand this so I gotta know how you can justify this statement.  Particularly in terms of sculpt, likeness, and articulation.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2007, 07:46 PM »

I hate DS Trooper ...I actually think the POTF2 version is better, and thats just sad.

You are most certainly entitled to your perspective.  But I really want to understand this so I gotta know how you can justify this statement.  Particularly in terms of sculpt, likeness, and articulation.

Wow, that is actually one of the most benign and polite arguements against a post of mine I have ever gotten.  :o(seriously) Thanks, Dressel!

Okay, in retrospect, they're both horrible.  ;D
Try again, Hasbro.  :P

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2007, 09:19 PM »
How is the new DS Trooper horrible? seems pretty good to me.