Author Topic: 30AC Pegwarmers?  (Read 73568 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC pegwarmers
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2007, 09:20 PM »
How is the new DS Trooper horrible? seems pretty good to me.

Save your keystrokes, I already tried.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2007, 11:11 PM »
I dunno, just my opinion. I see this figure as Moff Jerjerrod with slightly better arm articulation, a new head, and a helmet that doesn't fit. It just doesn't grab me at all from the pictures! My opinion is out, and I aint changing my mind unless I see it in person and love it which is unlikely.

And don't even get me started on that Rebel Honor Guard.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2007, 11:22 PM »
I kind of think that Greco is not entirely wrong. I wouldn't go as far to say the new DS Trooper is awful, but one can argue that it's not the most solid sculpt.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm buying lots and it's far and away better than the POTF2 version. But, you can hardly blame anyone for not being in love with it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 5, 2007, 04:19 PM »
We've just started to get more TAC in our area (aside from WM that is), but from what I can see at our Target and TRU, it looks like Obi-Wan and R2 are definitely the pegwarmers.  Obi-Wan in particular is sitting in good numbers, and doesn't really seem to be moving.  Its not a bad figure either, but I think we've seen so much of ROTS Obi (even the well done Pilot version) over the past couple years that everyone has their fill at this point - collectors and kids alike.  I've seen R2s a lot as well, and to a lesser extent, Mace Windu.  I wouldn't call Windu a pegwarmer though.  Other than that, it seems like this wave is selling through pretty well.  Still no sign of the McQuarrie trooper at all, of course.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2007, 07:44 PM »
I would say Mace is definately a big peg warmer. Not as big as Obiwan and R2 but still very significant in my area. Most stores only have these three figures.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2007, 09:15 PM »
That's been my experience.  Obi takes the cake, R2 next, Mace 3rd, then I'd say a tie between SBD's and Lava Miners.  Still two tougher figures to find usually though.  Marines and Airborne are just luck into them if you see them and don't pass them up (at the moment) if you want them. 

Wave 2's non-existant.  I heard one report of them showing up here, maybe two, and never seen any of them in person myself yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2007, 10:17 PM »
I went to Target today, and finally found the Order 66 2Packs.

There were:
x10 Obi-Wan
x5 R2-D2
and a bashed up, destroyed McTrooper.  :P

As for Wave 2, I have hardly seen it yet and currently own Biggs and Concept Fett, but my family has been telling me of many Hans and Lukes, which is what I figured would happen.

When I saw the two-packs, they were at an endcap by the registers.

There were:
x2 Palpy/Thire with some icky substance all over them
x1 Mace Windu/Gal. Marine in perfect shape. (I grabbed it!!!)

Im very happy with this 2Pack its certainly up there among the six. You know, ROTS Mace actually is a very decent likeness of Samuel L. when you think about it, one of the best around. The sculpt is whats wrong with him, and the sculpt has a negative impact on the articulation. The Marine's pretty neat though. Its a sharp set. Nowhere near Vader/Bow, though, Vader/Bow's the BEST!!!  8)

But cool nonetheless...  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2007, 09:07 AM »
The pegwarmers are definitely similar around here - with Obi-Wan far and away first, R2 closely behind, and then Mace.  The others are really hit and miss.  I've seen all of them (except for the McTrooper) on the pegs at some point, but they seem to sell pretty quickly.  No signs of Wave 2 around here just yet, but judging by what sells/doesn't sell at HasbroToyShop, I'm going to guess Han will be the biggest pegwarmer of Wave 2, followed by Luke and Biggs.  You never know though, but those three have been in stock since last week when they first popped up over there.  The other three (Fett, DST, Rebel Honor Guard) have been sold out whenever I have checked.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2007, 10:10 AM »
We had a little time to kill at Target this weekend, so while checking out the TAC pegs, I arranged the figures by character.  There was over 1 full peg each of Obi-Wan and R2, 2 Mace Windus, and 1 SBD.  Obi and R2 are really starting to warm around here.  They are the only two figures on the pegs at TRU here as well (aside from 7 Jerjerrods from TSC), and Wal-Mart still hasn't seen a sniff of the TAC figures.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2007, 02:46 PM »
...while checking out the TAC pegs, I arranged the figures by character.

I thought I was the only one who did that!  Thanks for making me feel better Brian.  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2007, 02:49 PM »
I attempted to do that at our TRU a couple of times, putting all 7 Jerjerrods on one peg, leaving 6 or 7 other pegs empty - but somehow when I would come back a week or so later, they would be spread out again :).

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2007, 03:03 PM »
...while checking out the TAC pegs, I arranged the figures by character.

I thought I was the only one who did that!  Thanks for making me feel better Brian.  ;)

I do that too, at  TRU one time, I put each of the 6 Jerrords on their own peg. Now I arange all the TAC figs together and Saga figs together, usually putting similat charactres on the same peg and putting the onesie twosies of a figure at the front of the peg. I used to work at TRU 20 some years ago during the Ghostbuster, original TMNT etc days.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2007, 08:00 AM »
Yeah, arranging figures is a good way to console oneself when finding out there's only pegwarmers about, and nothing new.  I always put characters on their own pegs too, but I guess the stocking idea is to spread them out over the whole area to give the appearance of large stock.

Anyway, I wish we'd get some TAC 2 out here pegwarming - still nothing.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Well, it seems early indications are that when Wave 2 hits well enough to peg warm, the winners are going to be Han and Luke.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Yeah, I think you're probably right on that.  Han is going to pegwarm for sure the way it looks.  He is the only figure that has remained "in stock" at HTS.com since that wave first went online a couple of weeks ago.  I think the rest of the wave is out of stock, or at least has been at some point.  As a fan of Han, it kind of saddens me that he is so frequently a pegwarmer - but maybe it has something to do with the same type of ANH Han look that we've seen so many times in the commtech version.