Author Topic: 30AC Pegwarmers?  (Read 73555 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2007, 02:54 PM »
For a while, all that shipped was wave 1, and wave 1 revisions...  I'm not shocked at the pegwarmer status of AB's and Marines now.  They're right there with all the other wave 1 figures.

Wave 2 and 3 around me are fairly scarce.  DST's are wildly abundant of course, but Honor Guard's are  downright rare.  Stormtroopers are here and there, but really not much is sitting.  I see really only the odd Han from Wave 2 other than those DST's and not a whole lot else...  Wave 3's uncommon, wave 4 and 5 are non-existant practically.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2007, 07:51 PM »
1) Biggs Darklighter (Tosche Station)--Terrible pegwarmer, in my area he's as bad as Lushros was last year.
2) Leia in Boushh Disguise--Both the TSC and Saga Legends versions! Yikes!
3) Darth Vader--I knew the Saga Legends version would warm pegs, especially when it's out at the same time as the SA Vader w/cloak base in Wave 3.
4) Obi-Wan Kenobi (Red Leader Pilot)--Not too bad yet but he's certainly getting there, this sculpt has just been released too many times over the past three years, everyone has it!
5) General Rieekan--This is the worst TSC pegwarmer around here, at any given store there's at least ten.

As for comic packs, it's pretty much either Vos/Villie or Luke/Artoo. All the others are still moving pretty fast, but are still easily acquired.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I think the biggest pegwarmer around here now is the Galactic Marine, which I wouldn't have guessed at the beginning of the year.  There are others that hang about quite a bit (Vader, Mace, Han, Biggs, and sometimes Luke).  Actually, the Stormtrooper is a fairly easy find lately here as well.

Same around here which leads me to think of the question, who are the most unexpected peg warmers? I'm pleased, but shocked and a little annoyed that armybuilders are peg warming finally. They're actually beginning to clog the pegs and prevent new waves from being stocked well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2007, 11:00 AM »
Frankly, I'm shocked at the pegwarmers around the Mpls area.  There are a few Obi-Wans, R2s, and Bens, which is to be expected.  Vader is always available - not a surprise since there's 2 versions of him shipping between TAC and Legends.  But I'm surprised to always see Galactic Marine, Airborne Trooper, Stormtrooper, and DS Trooper.  People always complain that there aren't enough army builders, but when Hasbro makes them, no one is buying them up.  I have 30+ DS Troopers at this point and I STILL see them all over the place.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Frankly, I'm shocked at the pegwarmers around the Mpls area.  There are a few Obi-Wans, R2s, and Bens, which is to be expected.  Vader is always available - not a surprise since there's 2 versions of him shipping between TAC and Legends.  But I'm surprised to always see Galactic Marine, Airborne Trooper, Stormtrooper, and DS Trooper.  People always complain that there aren't enough army builders, but when Hasbro makes them, no one is buying them up.  I have 30+ DS Troopers at this point and I STILL see them all over the place.   :-\

Might be true for you but I am still having a hell of a time finding certain army builders up north. heck I still have not seen a Jawa or Stormtrooper..however my sister has told me about a wall of army builders down in the states that she always sees.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I wish there was a cost-effective/time-efficient way to ship you guys our over stock. It would help us both.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2007, 10:05 AM »
I wish there was a cost-effective/time-efficient way to ship you guys our over stock. It would help us both.

Agreed.  I'd almost be willing to take a financial hit to not have to look at any more Marines or Airbornes.   ;)  Luke Tat is starting to become a big big pegwarmer around here...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2008, 09:58 AM »
I stopped at WM this weekend to check for the new comic packs, and its amazing to me to see the basic pegs filled almost exclusively with Biker Scouts.  There are still a couple pegs full of older TSC figures, but the "new" stuff they have is almost all Legends, and almost all Biker Scouts.  I've seen them around at Target and TRU a fair amount as well, but I never thought I'd see the point where the most common basic figure in town right now is a super-articulated Imperial troop.  I'm always tempted to pick another one up when I'm out, as its one of my favorite figures.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2008, 12:18 PM »
I have been seeing a similar trend but not just Scouts it's pretty much all SL wave 1 at WM & Target. I have yet to see wave 5 at retail and anything past wave 6 is very scarce. Wal-Mart does seems to have a lot of Scouts more than the others. It's a great figure but I would like to see more of the other waves now....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2008, 04:12 PM »
I stopped at WM this weekend to check for the new comic packs, and its amazing to me to see the basic pegs filled almost exclusively with Biker Scouts. 

Oh yeah.  I think I could go out right now, hit 2 Walmarts, 2 Targets, TRU and KB, and come back with about 75 scouts.

Most abundant figure on the pegs at this moment.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2008, 04:20 PM »
I'm never dissapointed to see troopers lining the pegs.  The fact that you can probably find a stormtrooper, DS Trooper, or Biker Scout at every other store right now says that they've done a great job with assortments this last year.  I'd bet more troopers are bought than anything else out of these lines because everyone wants at least one and a lot of us get multiples.  I'd also bet that they could cook through any current stock of troopers in no time with an itial clearance markdown - not always the case on more of the character driven figs.

For pegwarmers around the twin cities, plan on seeing pretty much any Wave 4 or any Wave 6 figs outside of the McSnowtroopers.  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2008, 09:09 AM »
One of my WM's has a ton of AOTC Clones. In fact they have so many, they moved them to the clearance section and marked them at the clearance price of $6.63. :P

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2008, 06:27 AM »
all the figures are selling out fine in my area except at places like TRU. Although I did notice that the WM closest to my house is still sitting on about 15 marines with a couple of biggs and a mcchewe mixed in their.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Stopped by TRU yesterday and all they have on their pegs for the most part are the two Cantina aliens (Elis and Onith), and a couple Legends figures here and there (oh, and TSC Jerjerrods).  I'm not really looking for anything now until the 2008 stuff shows up, aside from possibly the Keller/Marine pack at WM and maybe the Vanguard Trooper - sadly, just so I can complete my coin album ::).

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2008, 10:55 AM »
The Wal-Marts around here are stuffed to the gills with Stormtroopers, SBD's, 3PO's & DST's.  But the figure I spot the MOST at stores (Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) is Jedi Luke (hands down). 
Binders full of astromechs...