Author Topic: Re: FEB 14th - Tracking down what we have SO FAR...  (Read 9924 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: FEB 14th - Tracking down what we have SO FAR...
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 01:20 AM »
If I may add my $.02 about the Force Unleashed...  I think it's a great theme and will capture the attention of the right people.  It's a multi-media marketing blitz for Hasbro, Del Ray and the gang, so you should really consider playing that up quite a bit actually...  Tie it together with FU and the gang running the show will look more favorably on your project in general I believe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Great custom that will fit in nicely for this Jedistyle, she's awesome.  Is the head from GTG that Ben made?

And thanks Jesse - I agree, any sort of Force Unleashed theme with it could really generate some interest.  I say we go for it... it might not hit the exact theme we were thinking of at the beginning of the project, but I think we need to try and take advantage of the excitement that it is generating.

On a side note, I haven't heard back yet from Niub Niub regarding an email I sent him.  I'm assuming everything is still fine with us using a 6x9 space though in his area.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 04:47 PM »
The Force unleashed is a good idea. I think I can work it into any leaflets we pass out.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 08:34 PM »
The Force unleashed is a good idea. I think I can work it into any leaflets we pass out.

I guess it's settled then... if anyone has an objection speak now or forever hold your peace.   :)

;)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 06:16 PM »
No I hate it!     just kinding I don't care.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 12:52 AM »
here is another jedi i put together. she wasn't done for the UGP but chewie suggested at yak that i submit here for one of the fugitive jedi in the ugp. so here she is. i do realize that she is very "traditional jedi style", no pun intended, so if she isn't quite right for the UGP, my feelings won't be hurt. so let me know what you guys think! :)

Jedi master Bii-Trow was in the Jedi Temple when "Order 66" was issued. She is gifted with remakably powreful healing skills and was tending the wounds of several Jedi that had just come back from battle across the galaxy when Darth Vader and the 501st marched into the temple. Master Bii-Trow fought bravely against the clone trooper of the 501st, trying desperatly to evacuate the wounded Jedi she was tending. Despite her best efforts and all her Jedi skills, she barely managed to save her self and 2 of the 6 wounded Jedi. Master Bii-Trow and her Jedi bretheren made thier way through the crumbling temple and hoards of troopers to escape to the underbelly of Courosant, where they were able to barter passage of planet before the Jedi were denounced as "traitors" to the Republic. The current whereabouts of Bii-Trow and her fellow Jedi are unknown.......

=Jedi Master Thondi Bii-Trow=

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 01:14 AM »
That looks pretty sweet jedistyle. I really like the extra set of arms there.

BUT, I don't know that it is right for the UGP. Personally I don't think we should have any more than one or two Jedi, maybe three, TOPS. I understand we are going with a Force Unleashed theme so I can buy a few Jedi, but anymore than three would be completely unrealistic, relatively speaking of course. The reason the Jedi split up was to avoid attention. If the Emperor/Vader/Imperial Intelligence, found a bunch on some backwater planet all at once, there would be no reason to send Vader to hunt them down. They could just park a few Star Destroyers in orbit and blow the hell out of the planet, and sent Vader and the troops in afterwards.
"This is the way."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 11:09 PM »
it is highly unlikley that there would be more than 2 or 3 jedi in a group, on one planet. but with this particular planet, the ugp planet, there is a large resource that the imperials are interested in, spice if i remeber correctly from the front page reading on the ugp site, so they couldn't park stardestroyers in orbit and raze the planet or they'd lose that resource. and i like to think that vader would want to dispatch some jedy personaly, purge style. :D

but yea, i thought it was a bit to traditional jedi for the ugp, just thought i'd throw it out there! :)
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 02:04 AM »
I think that htree Jedi is definitely tops for the diorama.  I am thinking two live ones fighting some Stomrtroopers and a third getting slain by Vader.

I do like the idea of this one that Jedistyle made as being in ti.  Perhaps we that like to make Jedi throw a few customs out there of Jedi that are in the Force Unleashed style (which looks like it might be the Yakfinities March Customizing Challenge) and just use three that we like.

And this one that I made -

...doesn't have to be one of them by any means.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 03:48 AM »
I agree with Ryan that you guys should limit the # of Jedi... 

I think you guys should keep your theme of a "Star Wars World", dont' change that at all...  But instead fold into it the "Force Unleashed" idea...  Nothing to say your "world" can't be during the time of the Jedi Purge post Order 66 where the remaining however many are being hunted down...

You have two jedi in the town (3 tops, and I'd seriously consider a child/padawan around Zet's age as a 3rd, not another adult) "hidden" around the town, kind of a "Where's Waldo" of Jedi...  Have CHEWIE's maybe caught, or being defeated by Vader somewhere on the town...  Maybe have his compatriots watching helplessly from somewhere, or maybe even getting a little help from the Rebel Cell...  Have them help the Jedi out of the city boundaries or some such.

Keep your main SW World theme though and incorporate the FU into the UGP on the sly...  It doesn't need to be a centerpiece/focus of it.  It's still a Star Wars World you guys created, now just with a little taste of something Lucasfilm's really going to be jamming at SW fans in 2007/08. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I'm happy to say that this picture is outdated:

I think it's safe to guess that I have almost double what is here now (close to 500 pieces.)

I know it's mostly regular figs, but you so have to have some of those to help populate.

That said, I have a specific Battalion worked out. Would a full battalion of 576 pieces be too much for the Dio? Also, I have four squads that are customs that I don't have the material to make and I'm sure some have already made these figures. They are:

Black uniform (non-jumpsuit) officers x 15
Grey jumpsuit officers x 14

Would anyone be able to help fill out the ranks for the dio if needed?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Anthony, sometimes you scare me.  ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Anton - that is quite a collection.  I think its probably already too many.  However, I'd rather have too many than not enough!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I agree on the focus being Imperial domination, not a Force Unleashed theme.  Three Jedi tops is all this diorama should have, and they're not the focus.  I agree one should be being captured or slain by Vader, perhaps the other two in the distance seeing what is happening or they are in an entanglement with some Stormtroopers.  Just seeing a smal Jedi presence I think is bound to capture some people's attention, especially if one of them is this one by Jedistyle -

Anton - WOW.  You are the man.  I'd say we could use something along these lines in terms of Imperial army builders, as we don't want it to be too overcrowded -

Stormtroopers - 60 (probably have a group of 20 or so in formation by an Imperial shuttle, and a few squads, a group of 8-10 fighting the two surviving Jedi, a few standing guard here and there, and a group fighting the small rebel group) - it might also be cool to have 2-3 of them with rank pauldrons from Sandtroopers?

Scout Troopers - 10 (maybe most of these could be out in the wooded area)

Imperial Officers - 10 (scattered throughout)

Death Star Gunners - 6 (maybe all in one small area together)

AT-AT drivers - don't think we need any, even if we have an AT-AT, they are in Hoth gear and might be out of place

AS-ST drivers - 6 or so might look good

Royal Guards - zero, I don't think the Emperor will be present on the planet

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Imagine if Grievous actually used a both a blaster and two saber (as does the above custom). Obi would not have stood a chance.