Author Topic: Our Marching Orders - PLEASE READ  (Read 7356 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Our Marching Orders - PLEASE READ
« on: February 14, 2007, 11:21 AM »
Today is Feb 14th. C4 is exactly 99 days 3 hours 33 minutes and 30 seconds :P away as I write this post. In order to have something to display I'm setting up these assignments and due dates. The diorama will be displayed in Frank's booth on a 9x6 table. The diorama will be 2/3rds city 1/3 country side. The LFL booth will be either not used or given to another group such as Kris's swstartours.net for their use. Frank could use it for overflow if need be.

The majority of the work needs to be completed and mailed to me by May 1st. I will store all dioramas, figures and ships. Please send them all to me. Please include in the package a check or cash for return postage. Any items submitted without return postage will not be returned. We will have additional rules about what documentation to include with the package (such as grid number) soon.

Since Chewie is our production leader and has very little time left to him to work on the project, his assignment is to oversee the entire production. He has complete control over all aspects on the project. If you have a question on how to proceed, he says final say.

Glassman needs to draw out a final version of the diorama gridded to a 9x6 table. Each building needs to be defined and named. Each item is also to be sectioned off and turned into a laundry list of projects. This gridded out picture and laundry list is due March 1st. Glassman needs to create a backdrop picture that will span the length of the table. This will give us a feeling of depth thru forced prespective. This should be completed by May 1st.

Chewie and Ryan need to post reminder 'ads' starting today on their respective web site front pages once a week to keep people aware of the project.  Chewie and Ryan will split up the Glassman's grid among participants. Deadlines on all diorama projects is May 1st. Chewie and Ryan can make the deadline sooner at their own descression. Whatever they say goes and is not up to debate.

Darth Ennis needs to start a campain on getting as many figures and ships mailed to me as he can. He needs to start contacting people at as many different sites as possible for donations. He should have a number of thread projects going on in parallel. Some examples would be droids, natives, off worlders and imperials. All figures and ships must be completed and mailed to me by May 1st.

Pendragon will continue to work on the web site by putting together the picture gallery and documenting the project on the site with news. He should post Smartys newletters and other announcements.

Smarty needs to have a newsletter sent out each week (even if it is the same content in the newsletter) to as many customizers he can get email for. He needs to go to different customizing sites on the web and raise awareness of the project with lots of new theads. Basically I need him to be as annoying as possible to the star wars customzing hobby as possible in order to make sure that EVERYONE knows about this project and is sending in at least one thing. This has to be done all the way up the c4.

I think this pretty much covers things. I will monitor the project and watch the progress. If I feel that things are not progressing at an acceptable rate, I'll discuss with the leaders in private whether to shutdown project. I will post the final decision.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:07 PM by Ryan »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Our marching orders and deadlines - PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 11:51 AM »
Good post Paul.  This needed to be put together, we can't keep sitting on our hands on this.

I'll be making a shipment to you probably within 2 weeks with a lot of stuff, with postage to return most of it.  I'll clearly state a couple of things that I don't need back.

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Well done.  We all have our responsibilities now.

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 01:00 PM »
Outstanding, Paul... and there it is...

I have been lurking on this project for awhile, not too much to add over the last few months as I was waiting on personal issues in my life and if this project would survive the birthing process. I can contribute probably 10-15 'filler' figures to populate the backgrounds in the city area.

I would also love to contribute a custom ship project that I have been sitting on for a while, hope to get it posted in the next couple weeks across the forums here, RS and Yak.

I'll get some personal info sent out this weekend to the project managers and get off my buttocks to assist.

You can reach me at sarge@sarges-customs.com or, of course, Sarge via PM here, RS and Yak.

Let's roll.  ;D

Mike
"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great." Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Boo-ya! Damn am I glad to hear this. A nice, solid decision that we can all follow!

On the digital front, you'll be happy to know that the final site design is now underway. Look for some updates soon in the pertinent thread.  8)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:04 PM by PenDragon »

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 11:54 PM »
AND ME  ?!?!?!?!?!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 12:54 AM »
AND ME  ?!?!?!?!?!?

Once Ryan can finalize the exact layout (due to necessary changes in dimensions) I am sure he can determine where to put those cliffs in that you've been working on.   :)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 01:20 AM »
AND ME  ?!?!?!?!?!?

The "leaders" have all been given their orders.  The rest of us (equally valuable) contributors will be given our orders as they roll down hill from the leaders.  Don't worry Patreek, we are really close to having this boulder run so fast down the hill we can't keep up!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 11:24 AM »
So we will not have a space port anymore? 
Just clarifying "2/3 city and 1/3 green."

If this is the case, do i still provide the niche for you to "step into" the project?
Or is it a full 6x9?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 12:55 PM »
I'm waiting to hear back from Frank still on if it will be full 6x9 - I'm assuming it will be, because of the way the tables will be set up... but what do I know! I do think we are going to have to lose the spaceport, which really kind of sucks.  Maybe there will still be room for an Imperial Shuttle at least?  If we're having trouble getting the buildings all made, I think a Shuttle would fill some space nicely...

As for updates, I'll start running a reminder at Yakface next week.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 01:07 PM »
I'm going to say no. It was cool in theory but it is going to cut down the amount of space we actually have to work with.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 01:12 PM »
I'm going to say no. It was cool in theory but it is going to cut down the amount of space we actually have to work with.

Are you referring to including a shuttle or the cut out/walk-in area?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 03:07 PM »
Damn- reading Phruby's post has me fully engorged- um, fully engaged  ;D.  Seriously, we needed a set plan and this is about the right time for it.  By the way, Phruby, the figs I sent and anymore that come from me I do not need back, so if we want to set up a donation/auction after the show, I'd be game.  Count me in for at least one medium structure and a few more figures.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 03:21 PM »

Are you referring to including a shuttle or the cut out/walk-in area?

The Walk-in.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Ok, cool. I agree - the walk-in area would have been nice, but it doesn't look like we can accomodate that now.