Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Books/Comics  (Read 7151 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Books/Comics
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 12:52 PM »
I agree. But that's what happens when your reading a book that's a description of a video game. It was really easy to see yourself in the video game fighting off enemies and then getting to bosses and passing a level when you were reading. So that didn't surprise me.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 01:28 PM »
Even then, I didn't feel I was in the video game.  A lot of the action would be summarized.  There were only a couple instances of combat that were given great amounts of play by play.  I'm thinking of the fight with the Bull Rancor and the fight with the Emperor.  In particular I expected a lot more out of the fights with the various jedi and some of the imperial troops.  Like when the apprentice found the imperial troops on Kashyyyk, he does a mind trick on two Troopers, then suddenly he's fighting the garrison commander.  What happened to all the other troops?

I guess this is what you get from a novelization of a video game.
I am not the Stig

Offline Khelden Nur

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 5, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Didn't read the book but listened to the audiobook. I rather like it all in all. Granted the sound effects and storyteller probably made it worth it.