Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Celebration IV Luke Skywalker (Yavin IV)  (Read 13059 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Celebration IV Luke Skywalker (Yavin IV)
« Reply #45 on: June 6, 2007, 10:15 AM »
So I finally finished unpacking from LA and opened up Luke.  First off, I notice that he has one greenish blue eye and one brown eye....not cool.  I start looking at the clothes (never knew the black shirt underneath was the tunic from ROTJ) and I notice his holster is broke, the back clip wasn't attached to the belt.  I thought his shirt underneath was just a T-shirt.  Oh well, he's articulated well (as usual for SS) and comes with extra hands but I doubt I will change to them.  It's not the best figure from them and the eyes really kill the hole thing.  I am curious if anyone else has 'bad' eyes or not.  If not, I will call up SS and see if I can get a replacement.

I opened up Luke last night but didn't notice any issues with the eyes- I'll take a closer look.  I DID notice the tunic though- front flap and all.   I decided to change out the hands just because I'm not a fan of the "closed circle" hand pose but the alternate hands were a chore to get on.  The wrist joints seem quite limp compared to the other figures as well.   Definitely an improvment over the Hasblo piece, but a $35 improvement?  I'm not convinced.

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Sideshow 12" Celebration IV Luke Skywalker (Yavin IV)
« Reply #46 on: June 6, 2007, 01:02 PM »
When i get home from work i will check mine as well. I didnt notice the eyes being different though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"