Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2007  (Read 31555 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2007
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2007, 11:17 PM »
Whoa brother that was one hell of a miserable night.  Pettitte stunk, Thome left in the 1st after aggravating the rib injury, Oswalt coughed up his lead with 3 ER in the 7th ruining the W, Mariano gave up 4 ER and his ERA rose into the 12.00's  :o , and the offense went 5/33 on top of the Thome injury.

All in all, not bad.  For you guys, that is.

I'm having my doubts that Andy Pettitte belongs on my fantasy team with his defection to the AL from the NL.  Always bad for the K's/9 and ERA.  The Yanks have a nice little group of members in that club in recent years.  Kevin Brown.  The Small Unit.  Jaret Wright.  Carl Pavano.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2007, 01:50 AM »
Why aren't you following standard Pettitte advice?  He always sucks in the first half of the season, doesn't he?

For your sake, my offense hasn't been stellar either of late.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Why aren't you following standard Pettitte advice?  He always sucks in the first half of the season, doesn't he?

Yeah but I figured with the Yankees he'd probably be getting some W's.  Whoops.  I think I only started him twice though.  His worst 2 starts, first and last.

I think you're going to see him on the waiver wire tomorrow morning.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 4, 2007, 12:48 AM »
How's this for a stat line:

Valverde:  0.1 IP, 0 W, 0 S, 108.00 ERA, 12.00 WIP.

******* great.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 5, 2007, 11:57 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 6, 2007, 09:18 AM »
« Last Edit: August 3, 2007, 08:33 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 8, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Yahoo's advice sure is odd.

May 5 Carpenter will undergo arthroscopic surgery next week after an exam showed recurrent swelling, stiffness and loss of motion in his right elbow.

Advice: The team had hoped to have Carpenter back in the lineup this week, but that's obviously not going to happen. A 15-game winner last year, Carpenter has not pitched this season and will be out at least three months.

So if he hasn't pitched this season how is he 0-1 with a 7.50 era?

Yahoo's just wrong right?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 8, 2007, 04:55 PM »
Yahoo's advice sure is odd.

May 5 Carpenter will undergo arthroscopic surgery next week after an exam showed recurrent swelling, stiffness and loss of motion in his right elbow.

Advice: The team had hoped to have Carpenter back in the lineup this week, but that's obviously not going to happen. A 15-game winner last year, Carpenter has not pitched this season and will be out at least three months.

So if he hasn't pitched this season how is he 0-1 with a 7.50 era?

Yahoo's just wrong right?

Yup, Yahoo's wrong.  He pitched opening night, I think, and lost.  I really find Yahoo advice to be too little too late in most cases.  I always get advice that guys are sitting out a game popping up mid-way through the 7th inning ::)  We've just learned that Wells is sitting out with a touch of the flu...  Jeez, I knew that 6.5 innings ago, thanks.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 8, 2007, 06:05 PM »

Yup, Yahoo's wrong.  He pitched opening night, I think, and lost.  I really find Yahoo advice to be too little too late in most cases.  I always get advice that guys are sitting out a game popping up mid-way through the 7th inning ::)  We've just learned that Wells is sitting out with a touch of the flu...  Jeez, I knew that 6.5 innings ago, thanks.

Oh yeah that's even worse in football.  I love when they tell you to insert someone in your lineup and at kickoff you learn that they are on the bench.

At least in baseball if they sit out you have plenty of opportunities throughout the year to make the game up with someone from your bench when your starter has an off day.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 8, 2007, 11:15 PM »
I really find Yahoo advice to be too little too late in most cases.  I always get advice that guys are sitting out a game popping up mid-way through the 7th inning ::)  We've just learned that Wells is sitting out with a touch of the flu...  Jeez, I knew that 6.5 innings ago, thanks.

I got one of those just today:

"May 8 KFFL has learned Cincinnati Reds OF Josh Hamilton is not in the lineup for the game Tuesday, May 8. Ryan Freel is starting in center field."

Thanks.

Of course, I don't have time to pull him, and then they use him as a pinch hitter in the 9th - so I use an entire game for a 0/1 effort.

Same thing happened with my catcher today - and he got a hit - which was part of one of my closers (Dempster) blowing a save, that not only cost me the save, but cost my SP Lily the win.

Just my luck.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 8, 2007, 11:16 PM »
Just my luck.

Yeah you're in pretty deep poo doo to start with.  You don't need those kind of breaks.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 8, 2007, 11:34 PM »
No doubt.

I'll be happy with anything that isn't last place at this point.  At least there was this encouraging tid bit today:

May 8 Zambrano's arm slot is lower than usual this season, and it could be partly responsible for his poor start, the Cubs' Web Site reports.

Recommendation: Zambrano's been working with pitching coach Larry Rothschild to correct the issue. As long as the glitch in his mechanics isn't injury related (and there's no indication that it is), we expect Zambrano to be fine going forward.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2007, 12:31 PM »
I just wanted to take a moment to state how uncategorically happy I am to have used the first overall pick to get the 237th ranked player to this point in the season.  Loving that batting average too. 

That is all.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2007, 01:36 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2007, 10:19 AM »
I'd like to request more DL spots be added please.

>:( ::) :-*