Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2007  (Read 31794 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2007
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2007, 01:36 PM »
I'd like to request more DL spots be added please.

>:( ::) :-*

Sounds like a good idea for next season.  1 spot is a little rough.  I think 2 or 3 would be nice for next season.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2007, 01:44 PM »
I think two would be suitable.  But that is indeed for next year.  And I don't think I'm the worst effected for this year, at least not so far.  Just taking a bit of a hit in the pitching area this week is all.

I will say this: I can't believe I'm still that far up given how abysmal my hitting has been so far.  Obviously the pitching has saved me, but I've barely been able to buy a win for about two weeks now.  I expect to drop down to around fifth or so shortly, but I'm happier with my roster now than I was following the draft. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2007, 01:55 PM »
You definitely got crapped on with Carpenter going down and Pujols being not-so-super so far.  Pujols will turn it around and finish with .320 +  35-40 HR  and 120 RBI.  You can write that down.  As far as Carpenter goes, he'll be useless even if he does come back in September.

As for myself this is the point last year when I suffered about 12 injuries and permanently fell from first place.  The worst part about most of them was the promise that many of the players were going to return swiftly.  Never happened in most cases and kept me from dropping them and picking up studs from the waiver wire that I missed out on.  Thus far I'm only dealing with a hammy tweak on Reyes, a pulled oblique on Thome, and Harden's still considerably swollen vagina.  Not ideal, but barely considered a rain shower compared to the **** storm (hurricane) I suffered last year.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 02:00 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2007, 08:27 AM »
I'd be up for one more DL spot and maybe one more Bench spot.  I've had to make some hard decisions regarding dropping people I don't really want to.

Big night last night as Peavy, Lincecum and Wolf all got W's.  Lincecum is turning in to my new favorite player as my pitching really has turned around over the last week.  2 weeks ago I was almost last in W's, K's, ERA and WHIP.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2007, 04:33 PM »
I see Pearson is back to being his annual thorn in my ass again.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2007, 04:58 PM »
I see Pearson is back to being his annual thorn in my ass again.
All thanks to a resurgent staff.  My pitching sucked for about a month there.  For the last 3 weeks they have been absolutely lights out

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2007, 05:12 PM »
Hope y'all don't mind me hovering around in third.  Hitting is starting to come around and after a wee stretch with some woeful lack of wins, I picked up a few this weekend plus some saves 8)

Some dude named Pujols is even starting to hit the little white thingamabob. :-*

I'd be up for one more DL spot and maybe one more Bench spot.  I've had to make some hard decisions regarding dropping people I don't really want to.

I'd be open to having one more bench spot, but I'd support arguments against it too.  I think that's where a lot of the challenge comes from is those really hard decisions.  Absolutely in favor of the one more DL spot though. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2007, 05:38 PM »
I'd be down with 1 or 2 more DL's, one more BN, and maybe a few less IP to avoid feeling the need to stock up on as many pitchers.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2007, 06:15 PM »

Some dude named Pujols is even starting to hit the little white thingamabob. :-*

Someone ought to talk to Pujols then, next time he hits Scott he should hit him above the belt.

Hope y'all don't mind me hovering around in third. 

Actually, I do.  Do worse.  Thanks.

As for me, my team hasn't hit, they haven't pitched, they haven't done **** for 2 weeks.  I think I got maybe 1 or 2 wins my last 15 starts.  Kazmir yesterday and 1 other sometime in the last 2 weeks.

EDIT:  I looked, it was Oswalt who won a game Sat. May 12th.  So actually it was more than 2 weeks  :o

It'll change.  I'm standing pat.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:32 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2007, 09:57 AM »
I'll trade a pitcher for some power.  Someone make me an offer.

EDIT:  I'll also take saves.  :)

John
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:11 PM by JohnH »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 3, 2007, 02:06 PM »
AP May 29, Oakland CA:  Susan Slusser, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports Oakland Athletics SP Rich Harden (shoulder vaginal inflammation) received treatment for his shoulder vagina  and made 40 throws from 90 feet Monday, May 28; Harden felt no pain in his shoulder vagina afterward. If Harden continues to progress, he could be throwing from the mound, or the front of a mound, later in the week.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 4, 2007, 06:16 PM »
I just wanted to give you all a heads up, that's not a glitch on your Yahoo Stat tracker, I actually did send a starting pitcher out to the mound today, and he left with a W.  No need to email technical support.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 5, 2007, 01:10 AM »
Wow, the A's must miss Street more than me.  Up 4-2 going into the 9th, give up two runs for a tie.  Load the bases with none out and suddenly it's the top of the 10th.  Oh, and Embree, who pitched the 9th is pitching in the 10th after giving up those two runs.

So if Street was healthy, this game is over and I get a win (Haren), a save (Street) and probably 10 K out of it with low ERA and WHIP.  As it is I'll probably get the 9 K Haren pitched plus maintaining his low ERA and WHIP, but yet again, no win. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 6, 2007, 12:35 AM »
Oh Dressel likey that trade...

:-X

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 6, 2007, 01:24 AM »
Look who's not in last place!!!!!!!!!   8)

Even if it only lasts a single day.   :-[