Author Topic: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 115466 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: TOYS R US buy 1 get 1 free sale 2/18 and 2/19!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 08:10 PM »
I was seriously considering picking up two more Ties as well, but I went the Bantha route instead.  One for me, the other for another local.  My order came to $56 - not a bad deal but now I'm thinking I should have gotten the Ties instead.  I had no idea their website still had them in stock, but I'm not going anywhere near that $45 price point anytime soon :-\

Keep me in mind for the next outting - maybe I'll trade/sell you one.  I already had one and probably don't need 3 of them - it was just too hard to pass up.  Wish I had seen that they had the bantha pack.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 09:04 PM »
If I'd have known that ordering online applied I'd have gotten 2 of the TIE's, maybe some smaller ships, and the Banthas...  Bummer about that.  I had no idea you could order BOGO too...  Saved me at rip out actually had I gone that route.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 09:12 PM »
I didn't connect those dots either Jesse... despite going halves on Banthas with Paul, it didn't occur to me that this would be a perfect opportunity to try to get deals on the repainted vehicles that I've been passing on - Hailfire... Droid Tank... Vader's Starfighter etc...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 09:12 PM »
...  Saved me at rip out actually had I gone that route.

Okay, no offense, but what in the heck did you just say?  ???
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:13 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 09:48 PM »
I think it's, "saved me a trip out..."  8)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 09:58 PM »
Despite being informed to the contrary, my order was infact billed and sent!  :D

Seems as though I'll have 3 brand spanking new TIE Fighters waiting for me after school tomorrow.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 10:23 PM »
I didn't connect those dots either Jesse... despite going halves on Banthas with Paul, it didn't occur to me that this would be a perfect opportunity to try to get deals on the repainted vehicles that I've been passing on - Hailfire... Droid Tank... Vader's Starfighter etc...

Rob, I think you could have only gotten the BOGO deal on the repainted midsize vehicles at brick and mortar TRUs.  I checked online early Sunday morning and the only midsize vehicles they had online were the non-exclusive ROTS JSFs.  They also had the large wing TIE, Clone Wars gunship, and Dagobah X-Wing.  There were no Saesee Tiin's, Darth Vader Sith JSFs, or Hailfire and Droid Tank...  So you probably didn't miss out on those online unless they became available later.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 10:37 PM »
But you could have definately gotten those last 2 TINs that you wanted.  They were all in stock when I ordered.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Rob, I think you could have only gotten the BOGO deal on the repainted midsize vehicles at brick and mortar TRUs.  I checked online early Sunday morning and the only midsize vehicles they had online were the non-exclusive ROTS JSFs.  They also had the large wing TIE, Clone Wars gunship, and Dagobah X-Wing.  There were no Saesee Tiin's, Darth Vader Sith JSFs, or Hailfire and Droid Tank...  So you probably didn't miss out on those online unless they became available later.

Ah, well nothing lost then.  Although I did pass on the Clone Wars Gunship and might have picked it up if there was something else that I could have found to make it worthwhile.

But you could have definately gotten those last 2 TINs that you wanted.  They were all in stock when I ordered.

Argh!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 12:24 AM »
I went to TRU yesterday over lunch and all I found were a TON of empty pegs and a store full of whiny kids (Thanks Presidents Day  ::)).

Whiny kids? In a toy store? Surely you jest sir! ;D
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 01:16 AM »
Yup, Dago-Bah caught my mistake...  at rip = a trip.  My space key sucks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #41 on: March 8, 2007, 11:28 PM »
What I though was weird today was that the Target I bought my first TAC from had them for $6.99 while the Saga figures at the same place are $7.64.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 9, 2007, 01:59 AM »
Yeah, that's weird Darth_Anton...I just hope that they don't move the TAC pricing up to $7.64 later down the road.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 9, 2007, 02:27 AM »
My TAC I got this past evening were $7.39, but the one I got at the same store the other day was $6.99...  Guess they realized they could jack up the price.  That sucks...  But $6.99 sucks, honestly, so till I see $5.99 again I'm gonna bitch about the price regardless. :)  No figure this scale should cost more.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 9, 2007, 01:10 PM »
Yeah, but they're giving us these cool coins that must have cost nearly $.05 to make... :P