Author Topic: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 115459 times)

Offline darthmaul94

• Youngling
  • I must obey my master.
    • View Profile
Re: TOYS R US buy 1 get 1 free sale 2/18 and 2/19!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 09:40 PM »
I scored 3 Clone Trooper Sergeants, 1 Moff Jerjerod, 2 Battle Droids 2 packs, 1 Commander Appo,2 Clone Trooper 442nd Siege Battalion guys,1 Combat Engineer,1 Padme,a Yarael Poof,and 2 Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Starfighters.   ;D
At last we will reveal ourselfs to the jedi at last we will have revenge.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 12:55 AM »
I went on a monster toy run tonight...  BAREN pegs at the TRU's I hit.  Not one basic figure to be found, and really not much anything else to be found.  Most vehicles of any size are gone (all the exclusives before the holidays sold out before the holidays though anyway).  The titanium figures were here and there...  I did spot tins at the last one I hit and got a couple.  Not much left though at the TRU's around Pittsburgh.  They're bone dry and ready for major restocking to go on.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 01:02 AM »
TRU's have been pretty bone dry around here as well.  This whole BOGO deal seems like a way to get TSC stock out of the way in time for the 30AC line more than anything else.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 01:12 AM »
Yeah they did a BOGO last year before TSC if I recall...  We had a good  many figures, and TRU was one of the only stores to stock many "Final 22" figures at any one time.  They're seriously empty now though, at least the two I hit in my area...  I'd say they're a good gauge for the local TRU scene though, and that's the emptiest I've seen the SW pegs at TRU ever...  They could get a major deluge of new stuff and still just look "normal" at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 02:22 AM »
I managed to nab 3 Sandtroopers (added a Green EII clone to get to an even number) and managed to also buy a pair of the collector's tin sets (ROTJ and ANH).

Since I refused to pay $25 or $30 for the one figure in each set that I needed, this was perfect.

I managed to get the EII clone on ebay for $12, the cantina pack for $13, these two for $15 each, and got the hoth contents from Paul... so, I'm only about $43 or so in and I'm 5/7ths done with only the EIII Driver and the EI droid to go.

Not too bad.  :D

I went into a second TRU this morning and found 1 Comic pack... I've been refusing to spend full price (out of principal) on these too but would have snagged them at Buy-one-get-one.  Unfortunately they only had one pack.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 02:23 AM by Rob »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 05:51 AM »
Well, I only had the chance to go to one TRU this week-end and it was the one with consistently the WORST stock (and yet, I have had one or two amazing "gold mine" experiences there, so I keep going back despite the overwhelming failure ratio.)

As expected, they had nothing.  But this time, it was literally nothing.  Zilch.  Not a single figure, tin set, battle pack, vehicle...not even the old, reliable peg warmers....

Not to be completely empty-handed, though, I did pick up two "spring action" lightsabers, which I had been considering buying for some time.  Now I have an extra....not a bad deal.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 09:44 AM »
I am so behind the 8-ball. For some reason I thought the sale was week long, so I missed out on the Bantha pre-order. :P The sale did a great job of clearing out most of the SW product at my TRU's though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 11:50 AM »
I expected nothing, by the time I was able to get to a TRU yesterday it was 6:00pm and yet a TRU where I know collectors are literally sitting in front of the store and run to the SW and Hot Wheels sections at opening I was still able to score a S. Tiin J. Fighter and a White TIE  ;D I could not have been happier.  It's the first time I'd seen either ship and to score them like that was awesome.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 11:54 AM »
I went to TRU yesterday over lunch and all I found were a TON of empty pegs and a store full of whiny kids (Thanks Presidents Day  ::)).

About all they had were some tins (Ep 4,5,6), a few vehicles (2x Vader TIE, 1x Obi-Wan JSF), and a bunch of mini-unleashed junk.  Ah well, at least I tried to find a deal...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Does this sale mean that TRU is going to load up on 30thAC stuff shortly?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 03:46 PM »
I think so...

I believe last year they did something similar prior to TSC's release to unload extra ROTS stock.  As I recall they had more, but not quite interesting stuff available around me from ROTS. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 04:06 PM »
I went to TRU.com and got the Bantha Twins....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 04:32 PM »
I really didn't get to load up on much stuff for the sale, but did finally cave in and get 4 of the 5th fleet security clones, and two more Moffs.

:P

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Got to the store too late to get anything good (Battle Droid 2pack and an Emperor - meh), but I did order Buy one Get one on the TRU Mega-sized TIE Fighters.  Gonna get reamed when that massive box shows up at the house...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 05:33 PM »
I was seriously considering picking up two more Ties as well, but I went the Bantha route instead.  One for me, the other for another local.  My order came to $56 - not a bad deal but now I'm thinking I should have gotten the Ties instead.  I had no idea their website still had them in stock, but I'm not going anywhere near that $45 price point anytime soon :-\
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 05:42 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN