Author Topic: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 116225 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2007, 11:55 PM »
I just ordered another round today, the code worked and I got the promo figure added in this time (didn't happen last time).  I got IG-88 which was a very cool and unexpected surprise for sure.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2007, 12:16 AM »
I just tried to order a couple Darktroopers, and the code wasn't working for me.   :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2007, 12:22 AM »
The 25Fall code does not work anymore.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2007, 12:36 AM »
I used it last night, code worked...  However, my ship notice was telling me some stuff did NOT ship...  I gotta check it and see what I'm getting and what I"m not.  The way I was reading it (quickly) before I left was that NOTHING shipped, yet I got a shipping notice... 

If my order's cancelled, I'm raising hell this time.

Speaking of this kinda **** by the way...

I was at K-Mart to check out the sale.  The sale explicitly states "All SW Basic SW figures $5.99"...  There's no distinction in collections or anything.  There IS a picture of loose Saga figures, however the add's wording is what binds the retailer to the deal.

So anyway, I go in...  Saga and 30AC are not the same price.  30AC got a price hike to about $7.60 or so around me.  I found a bent up McBacca, a Tatooine LUke, and a Stormtrooper...  I go to the register and am told they're $6.92, almost a full dollar more than the sales ad, so I'm not pleased.  They're still ringing up on sale, but not on the sale price advertised.

I usually don't bug management, but this time I was annoyed, so I pointed it out to the clerk...  She said, "I am sorry but I refuse to give you the discount you want.  The ad does not apply to these figures, it must apply to something else, as these are ringing up on sale sir, as you can see, and you should be happy with that price I would think".

Now I'm pissed off...  So I told her to get her manager on duty because this is false advertising...  She sent me to customer service, so I wander over and showed them everything...  The CS lady was real nice, and was being real pleasant.  As soon as I got there, the manager was on her way over by chance, and she caved on the price adjustment immediately.  I explained to her theyr'e all "basic Star Wars figures", and that the advertised price was what I wanted them for. 

She didn't really argue but was clearly annoyed.  The CS lady was much nicer as she adjusted the price for me and I left, but regardless I was annoyed.  This is the type of **** that is the direct reason NOBODY wants to shop at K-Mart.  They piss you off, they try to "get one over on you" at any turn, they're ALWAYS more money...  I try to appreciate K-Mart, and I like the competition, but this type of stuff just drives me nuts I guess.

I got my figures, but I shouldn't have had to fight for this in the first place.  I mean, holy hell the people at WM would read the ad and give you the adjusted price without hesitation, and it's not even their ad!  Why in god's name do you have to fight for the price at the store that's advertising it then?  Just such bull****.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2007, 01:08 AM »
I used it last night, code worked...

I used it this morning and it worked.  :-\
I remember my dream now.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2007, 05:46 AM »
I used it last night, code worked...  However, my ship notice was telling me some stuff did NOT ship...  I gotta check it and see what I'm getting and what I"m not.  The way I was reading it (quickly) before I left was that NOTHING shipped, yet I got a shipping notice... 

If my order's cancelled, I'm raising hell this time.

I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd check HTS again.  Still no McSnowtrooper. I did check my order status and both of the orders I placed using the code indicated that they were "expected" to ship today.  The only thing that has an expected ship date out later than today were the 4-LOM figures I ordered.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2007, 08:59 AM »
As things came in and out of stock yesterday, I think I ended up placing 4 orders - and since the shipping was free (due to the code), I didn't mind.  Checking the order status page now, two of them are "partially shipped" and two of them aren't.  I really hope that the code still works, although I'm sure they'll try to pull it out somehow.  I definitely don't want to pay shipping for four different orders, so in some of those cases I would just as soon cancel them.  It really isn't our fault that they still had the code working, and heck, with the number of orders they must have had yesterday (just from here alone, it looks like things must have been moving pretty well), you would think they could just honor anything that was still going through with the code.  Then again, we still remember the whole McQuarrie Luke thing, so things might not work out too well.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2007, 09:03 AM »
Got a few e-mails from Hasbro today.  Two promotions going on.  Free shipping on orders $50 or more and another free SW figure offer with the purchase of $25 or more, good until December 13, or while supplies last.

The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I used it last night, code worked...  However, my ship notice was telling me some stuff did NOT ship... 

Same thing hapened to me. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2007, 10:29 AM »
I got a shipping notice for the first of my two orders - all items in the order shipped.  But I think I got in pretty early in the day.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2007, 12:08 PM »
I've had 2 orders placed yesterday.  One is listed as "partially shipped" and one listed as "not shipped" but both have shipping date listed as 10-12-07.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2007, 12:18 PM »
There's a new code for HasbroToyShop - FTIER7 for $10 off an order of $50 or more. Expires sometime in December I believe.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2007, 02:46 PM »
I've had 2 orders placed yesterday.  One is listed as "partially shipped" and one listed as "not shipped" but both have shipping date listed as 10-12-07.

My one order I made is listed as partially shipped, and lists all figures I ordered as not yet shipped.  Very strange, as it couldn't have shipped, if nothing shipped...  right?  Or am I getting an empty box soon while I wait on the rest of it?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2007, 02:58 PM »
My one order I made is listed as partially shipped, and lists all figures I ordered as not yet shipped.  Very strange, as it couldn't have shipped, if nothing shipped...  right?  Or am I getting an empty box soon while I wait on the rest of it?

I got the same thing on two of my orders.  Looking at them closer, it looks like the "new" stuff I ordered has a shipping date of 10/24 - and these orders both qualified for the free gift (one Star Wars, one Marvel), which have shipping dates of today.  So I'm wondering if they are considering them partially shipped because of that, if they are shipping the "gifts" seperately, or we're just getting these confirmations now and it will all ship later this month.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2007, 02:58 PM »

Both of my orders are same way.  "Partially Shipped"  with all items listed as "Not Yet Shipped"  Maybe we can arrange a trade of empty shipping boxes?