Author Topic: Anything ever stop you dead in your tracks?  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Anything ever stop you dead in your tracks?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Man, I'm done reading this thread.  It's way too depressing in here... :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 10:24 AM »

Yup it's scary how life can be...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 10:31 AM »

I know what you mean Jeff.  Though good stuff sometimes manages to rise out of the bad.  A friend of Shannon's (who hasn't gone public with this info, so they shall remain nameless) registered with the Bone Marrow Registry when Shannon was sick.  After Shannon died, this person was notified that they matched with someone and ended up being the only viable option.  They went through the painful procedure of donating marrow for a complete stranger and most likely saved their life.  When they were struggling with whether or not to go ahead with the procedure, they felt like it was a way to pay tribute to Shannon.  I just want to say "Bravo!" :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 11:39 AM »
Jedipurge -- your story stayed with me all night.  I had to get up in the middle of the night and sneak into my little ones' rooms and kiss them goodnight again.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Which is the only reason I even mentioned it.  I've only shared this with one other person in our little community, and probably the only reason I'd shared it at the time with him is because he'd announced, not long after this had happened to us, that he was going to be a first time father.  Even though being a father, or parent at all, is special I'd just kind of wanted to convey to him how special and how much of a gift it is to have a child and not to take it for granted.  It's not till something bad happens that you really appreciate what you have.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge