Author Topic: Strike Mech  (Read 3486 times)

Offline JediSpyke

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Strike Mech
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:22 AM »
The AT-FK Strike Mechs of the 5th Mech Battalion often detach squads of Mechs and Exo-suits to support troops on a variety of missions. Once the mech pilots know the mission specifics, they can arm their mechs with the best payload to meet the goals. This Mech, part of Beta Squad, has been loaded for an urban assault against a Separatist stronghold. High Command wants prisoners to question so an ion cannon has been added to the side port of the main gun. Additionally, a twin blaster has been added to the roll bar to aid the pilot in knocking out structures without causing total destruction. Intel shows Hailfire droids and Trade Federation tanks are defending some major points so the pilot has opted to add an MML pod as an offset to the main twin laser cannons. The addition of a portable shield generator was a must as this will be close in fighting with a high potential for ambush.

Exo-suit troops also support the Strike Mechs. To increase survivability, these suits are equiped with an internal shield generator similar to Destroyer Droids. Not strong enough to protect it from a major hit, but plenty strong enough against small arms fire. The primary mission of the exo-troops is to clear out those areas too tight for Mechs but too dangerous to send in troops first.

As you can see in this shot, the Mech can still be dropped by the DragonHawk

The ion cannon & twin blasters can be swapped out for other small weapon packs

And since I've probably already put too many pics up as it is, click here for more pics including close-ups of the shield generator and MML pod.

So what do y'all think?

Thanks!

Spyke

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
Re: Strike Mech
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:39 AM »
It looks great and promising...  ;D

but isn't this all a bit too mechwarrior/alien/starshiptroopers a-like.... :-\
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline JediSpyke

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:09 PM »
It looks great and promising...  ;D

but isn't this all a bit too mechwarrior/alien/starshiptroopers a-like.... :-\

Thanks, Commander. It is verging on the Mech Warrior side, but you can also look at it as a side progression of the AT-PTs to the AT-ST.

I put the shield generator on there to help keep it in the Star Wars universe.   ;)

Spyke

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I like these a lot, very cool.  Does a Star wars figure fit into the cockpit of the Dragon hawk?  I thought about going a similar way with these vehicles myself, but making them Rebel Alliance, mostly because of the lack of rebel equipment besides Starships that is.  The problem is also the lack of any real good Rebel army builder troops too.  I've army building as many Imperials as I could over the last year, but they have no one to fight.  :(  Great stuff and I like your back story to them. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge