Author Topic: Official C4 non-attendees beg for exclusive **** thread  (Read 57837 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Official C4 non-attendees beg for exclusive **** thread
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 08:27 AM »
Please add me to the evergrowing list of those who want Luke.  I actually want 2 of each of the McQuarrie sets.  I'll update my list in the first post.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 09:22 AM »
I know that there's probably going to be a lot of people wanting help with the great exclusives this year, but I'll add my name to the list of people hoping for a set of the McQuarrie R2/3PO and Luke figures.  I had actually hoped to get two of each of the McQuarrie figures this year (1 set to keep carded with the spiffy cardbacks), but at this point I'd be happy to at least get one of each.  If anyone is able to help, that's great, but hopefully everyone can just enjoy the show too - and not spend the whole time standing in line :).  It is great that we have such a nice community here where people want to try to help each other out - thanks to everyone for at least attempting to cover people if possible.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:25 AM by Brian »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Let me ask you this out of curiosity.  For us guys in the states, are you planning on trying to ship from California, or are you taking everything back to Canada and shipping internationally once you're home?  I'd expect that getting all that stuff through customs would be a pain in the ass.

That's a damn good question and something I hadn't thought about.  I don't know how we'd get all that stuff across the border without paying duty. 

I think the best thing to do is have everyone PM me their shipping address before CIV starts and I will plan to ship things out while still in California.  It'll making shipping prices cheaper too, although I'll probably have to buy shipping supplies (boxes, padding, etc).

I'd better buy some caffeine pills because I don't think I'll be sleeping for 5 days during CIV!  :D

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Let me ask you this out of curiosity.  For us guys in the states, are you planning on trying to ship from California, or are you taking everything back to Canada and shipping internationally once you're home?  I'd expect that getting all that stuff through customs would be a pain in the ass.

That's a damn good question and something I hadn't thought about.  I don't know how we'd get all that stuff across the border without paying duty. 

I think the best thing to do is have everyone PM me their shipping address before CIV starts and I will plan to ship things out while still in California.  It'll making shipping prices cheaper too, although I'll probably have to buy shipping supplies (boxes, padding, etc).

I'd better buy some caffeine pills because I don't think I'll be sleeping for 5 days during CIV!  :D

You could also have people who live in the area (SoCal) mail them out for you as will.  Could be a little easier since you won't miss the convention while packaging stuff/shipping it out, especially since you only have 3 days in which the PO is open and there could be some issues with the UPS store that the con may have.  Last year I ended up getting someone else's stuff.

ETA: Who is planning/knows there are going to the convention.  That way we could start to plan on how much extra stuff we can have for other's here.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:03 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2007, 02:02 PM »
I'm looking for 1 - (preferrably 2) of the McQuarrie R2/3PO and the McQuarrie Luke if anybody can help me out.  :-*  We only have one member of the MN clan attending so most of us will be at a loss.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2007, 05:41 PM »
I am hoping for on site shipping from C4.  If anything, I will send my box back to Ohio and then sort it out from there.  I know that I won't ship anything to Canada directly due to the insane custom fees.  I would prefer to ship everyone's loot instead of stuffing it in my suitcase since I trust the airline less than the post office.    :-\

I am sure I will meet up with everyone throughout the weekend so we should be able to get everyone's stuff sorted into their respective piles and figure it out from there.  I also assume I will be able to buy as many Luke's as I want and they will only punch my badge for C3PO/R2D2.

My only question/concern is I will have all these boxes/carded figures/pictures and stuff - how am I suppose to carry it around all day??  At the other conventions, I had Jay (my pack mule) and he just carried it all and when he was sick of carrying it, he walked across the street to dump it off and then came back.  C4 doesn't have a skywalk and I am quite sure that the hotel I am at is a a bit of a walk.  What did everyone else do?  How did you all carry your stuff around?  Do I need a backpack or just bring my rolling suitcase and stuff it full?

Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2007, 06:39 PM »
As far as I know, the convention centre has no lockers. At C3, I had small day pack so I could carry the loot around plus snacks & drink. I expect the prices for snacks/drink to be high as usual.  ::)

The Wilshire Grand is approx 0.9 of a mile. The Holiday Inn where Jesse & I are staying is 0.2 of a mile so we run across the street & drop stuff off & run back.

The maps below should help you out planning any walking routes needed. 

This PDF map shows downtown hotels & more

Interactive downtown L.A. Map

I think there was an area in the centre at C3 where you could mail stuff out, not sure about this centre tho. The hotel Bob & I stayed at had a UPS store around the corner so we mailed most of our stuff back & Bob lost 1 item.  :-\

Yep, customs up here is a killer. Smaller items (loose figures) that can fit in a jacket pocket well no claim. :-X  ;D

But yeah, mailing stuff out from the US would be better.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2007, 07:38 PM »
Yeegads.  I guess I'd like to reiterate my earlier begging for Threepio and R2 by adding a carded Luke to my original want list.   :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 10:26 PM »
I'd like one Concept R2/3PO set and one Concept Luke, please. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2007, 10:04 AM »
Ok, I am officially BEGGING for the Animated Droids Boba Fett Gentle Giant Maquette.

Hasbro
C-3PO/R2-D2
Luke

Gentle Giant
Droids Boba Fett Maquette (PLEASE!!!)
Yoda/R2 maquette

Sideshow
12 inch Yavin Luke
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:07 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Ok, I am officially BEGGING for the Animated Droids Boba Fett Gentle Giant Maquette.

2nd. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2007, 02:36 AM »
Another update, this time for the 'Droids' Boba Fett Maquette:

Acme Character Key - Grand Moff Tarkin
- Brian - non-attendee preorder
- Mikey D - non-attendee preorder
- Morgbug - non-attendee preorder

GG Animated R2/Yoda Maquette
- evenflow
- Deanpaul
- Mikey D
- Morgbug
- OCB

GG Animated "Droids" Boba Fett Maquette
- evenflow
- Morgbug
- solrac

GG Commander Gree Bust
- Morgbug
- Rob

GG Darth Malak Bust
- Rob

GG Spirit of Yoda Bust
- Rob

GG Bust-Up - Han & Luke Stormtrooper??  ("Traveling World Tour Exclusive")
- JesseVader08
- Morgbug

Hasbro 3 3/4" Figure - McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2
- Brian x2
- Darth Broem
- Darth Vlad
- Diddly
- DoctorPadawan
- evenflow
- iFett x2
- Jeff x2
- Jesse James x2
- JesseVader08 x2
- Mikey D x2
- Morgbug
- OCB x2
- Paul x2
- Rob x3
- solrac
- Spuffy

Hasbro 3 3/4" Figure - McQuarrie Luke
- Brian x2 - ordered online
- Darth Broem
- Darth Vlad
- Diddly
- DoctorPadawan
- evenflow - ordered online
- iFett x2
- Jeff x2
- Jesse James x2
- JesseVader08 x2
- Mikey D x2 - ordered online
- Morgbug
- OCB x2
- Paul x2
- Rob x3
- solrac
- Spuffy - ordered online

Hasbro Titanium Ship - if available
- JesseVader08
- Morgbug

Sideshow 12" Figure - Yavin IV Luke Skywalker
- evenflow

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:46 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2007, 11:58 AM »
hello, I'm kind of new but if anybody can get the fett Marquette for me, ill appreciate it very much and ill give you a little extra for your trouble.and any of the action figure exclusives. also i will be attending the SDCC and can try to return the favor. thank you in advance.
He's no good to me open

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2007, 09:13 AM »
I'm going to have to add my name to the list for the ACME Character Key - Grand Moff Tarkin.  Of course, the Hasbro McQuarrie figures are the priority for me, but I'm hoping to try and keep up with these OT character keys - so I'll add my name to that list if anyone is able to help out.  Thanks again.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2007, 09:57 PM »
So-what's the breakdown of where all this exclusive stuff is at?

Star Wars Store = C3PO and R2D2??  Boba Fett Animated Maquette??

Hasbro Booth = Luke??

Gentle Giant = The Busts and Bust-ups along with the Yoda Maquette??

Sideshow = 12" Luke

Acme = character keys

I kind of need to know if I should go to the GG booth first or the Store (the Boba Fett Maquette is the top priority item).

Also - does GG punch your badge???

Beth