Author Topic: Official C4 non-attendees beg for exclusive **** thread  (Read 57849 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Official C4 non-attendees beg for exclusive **** thread
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2007, 10:15 PM »
I'll just link the RS thread here Beth, hopefully that will help out a bit.  :)

Convention Exclusives List

GG pre-orders will go live 2 weeks before the convention, if you have a Gentle Giant's Collector Club or Premiere Membership then you're set.

One member in the thread mentions that the Boba maquette will be $79.99 as per the new issue of Insider.

Also the Kotobukiya Exclusive Spirit of the Force Yoda will be available & run $60.

May 24th 500 pieces (Star Wars Fan Club Day)
May 25th 300 pieces
May 26th 200 pieces
May 27th 100 pieces

Purchases will be limited to only 3 toys per person, but there will be no individual limit on Star Wars Fan Club Day. Yoda will retail for $60 and will be available at Kotobukiya’s booth #921.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2007, 03:46 PM »
I was listening to last Friday's "ForceCast" from TF.N, and they have an interview with Steve Sansweet - and he mentions that on the first day (Fan Day) that Fan Club members can buy five of the McQuarrie Droids set at once.  I guess there are four punches on the badget normally, but they'll allow you to buy five if you want/need to.  People who are going probably understand the badge thing better than I do, but I thought I'd pass it along in case anyone was interested.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2007, 04:15 PM »
I was listening to last Friday's "ForceCast" from TF.N, and they have an interview with Steve Sansweet - and he mentions that on the first day (Fan Day) that Fan Club members can buy five of the McQuarrie Droids set at once.  I guess there are four punches on the badget normally, but they'll allow you to buy five if you want/need to.  People who are going probably understand the badge thing better than I do, but I thought I'd pass it along in case anyone was interested.

That good to know since we should get that they will allow us five if we go on the fifth day seeing how the limit is 1 per day.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2007, 06:40 PM »
Thanks for the link Dale.  Now, I have another question (or two).  Just where IS the Star Wars Shop store?? It's not usually inside the Exhibit Hall (and really couldn't be if it is open 24 hours a day) and I am assuming that both McQuarrie figures are going to be sold at Hasbro's booth and NOT in the store like I originally thought??  The link states they are Hasbro items but I could of swore that C3PO/R2 were Star Wars Shop items and not available at the Hasbro booth.

Oh well, I guess I need to find out where the Star Wars store is since that will be my first line for Thursday.... :-\ 
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Oh well, I guess I need to find out where the Star Wars store is since that will be my first line for Thursday.... :-\ 

I need to find out as well cause I'm not missing out on the 'Droids' Boba Maquette.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2007, 08:28 PM »
The McQuarrie Luke will be available at the Hasbro Toy Shop booth #513 in the Exhibitors Hall. The McQuarrie R2-D2 & C-3PO will be available at the Celebration IV Store a different location in the center which is open 24hrs.

The Star Wars Shop store is #419 which I think is separate from these exclusives.

This is what I have read over at RS from one of the Admins:

I've heard that we should see a map and schedule approx. 2 weeks before the show. They should have 90% of the events and contracts in place by then.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2007, 10:10 PM »
That clears it up Dale- thank you!!  I was thinking the celebration store and Star Wars Shop store were one in the same... D'oh!
Beth

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 2, 2007, 02:52 AM »
Well it looks like instead of trying to pick up exclusives for people, I'll instead be begging for them like everyone else.  ;)  With our baby arriving not long after CIV, my wifey and I have decided it's just a little too close for comfort, especially if there's any complications.  The right decision to make, but still a tough thing to miss out on.

So, anyone going to try for the exclusive Koto Yoda with voice chip and light-up feature?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 2, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Sure-promise us a round of beers and then don't show up.... :-*

So now I get to shadow Dale and Bob....the Canadian count is sure slipping fast.

Your bust-ups shouldn't be a problem and if we can pick up five of each figure on Thursday, I really think everyone that is going might be able to fill the action figure list here or close to it.  I wish I knew about that fast-pass thing though, now I get to stand in the four hour line instead :P
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 2, 2007, 07:53 PM »
So now I get to shadow Dale and Bob....the Canadian count is sure slipping fast.

Ahhh Bob is not going, will be other Canuckleheads tho.  :-*

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 2, 2007, 08:34 PM »
All I need is a Concet Droid 2-Pack and I'll be good! PM me!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 7, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Just a heads up for those that ARE going and might be picking stuff up for those that are not...
Gentle Giant's pre-order-free-for-all goes live sometime on Thursday, May10th. 
Beth

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 7, 2007, 09:11 PM »
So, anyone going to try for the exclusive Koto Yoda with voice chip and light-up feature?
Now that I've seen it, I'd like to; it would look pretty sweet on top of the TV in my SW room.  But with those quantities and purchase limits, I doub't I'll get one.  I signed up for the first store fast path slot, so if I go there first, I'll likely miss out on the dealer's room exclusives.  I guess I could try for the Yoda first and then head for the store since my fast pass is good from noon until 3 PM.  I guess we'll see.

ETA: If anyone else is planning to head straight to the... whatever booth these light-up Yoda doo-dads are sold at on Thursday morning, and you'd be willing to snag a second one for me, I will gladly get the money to you prior to that morning.  Please let me know.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 8, 2007, 11:34 AM by mousedroid »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #73 on: May 8, 2007, 03:26 PM »
I know alot of here want some GG prduct, so here is what they had to say:

"Exclusives Information

We will start taking pre-orders for the following Star Wars Celebration IV 2007 Exclusives on Thursday May 10th.  An email with the links and information will be sent out on Thursday, May 10th:

Commander Gree mini bust - pre-order quantity - 800 pieces - $50
Darth Malak mini bust - pre-order quantity - 800 pieces - $50
Spirit of Yoda mini bust - pre-order quantity - 800 pieces - $50
Star Wars Animated Yoda and R2-D2 Maquette - pre-order quantity - 100 pieces - $75
Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise Bust-Up 2-pack - pre-order quantity - 100 pieces - $10

* Please note - price reflects item price plus tax.

Only a portion of the total edition size will be available for pre-orders. We will be selling the balance of the convention exclusives at our booth (901) on a first come, first serve basis.  We will have an allocation of quantity to sell by day, so that those who will just be attending the last days of the show have the same opportunity as those who will just be attending the first days of the show. Limit one of each item, per person.

*PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING PRE-ORDER*
The following measures are in effect in an effort to make these items as widely available as possible:

* You must be logged into your collector's club account (regular or premiere guild) to place convention pre-order.
*Do not place a pre-order if you will not be attending Star Wars Celebration IV.
*Limit one pre-order per person.
*Limit one of each item per pre-order.
*Must bring printout of Confirmation email with order number and a valid photo ID to convention center to pick up order.  Name/address on photo ID must match name on order confirmation, or you will not be able to pick up order.
*Pre-Orders can only be picked up at the Gentle Giant Booth (901) - There will be a separate line for those who have pre-ordered for pick-up.
*If you already pre-ordered the exclusives, you may not get a second of any of the exclusive items, as all badges will be punched when your pre-order is picked up.

For our club members who will not be able to attend the Star Wars Celebration IV, we will be holding a portion of the above exclusives for sale through our website after the conventions are over.  An email will be sent out when they will be made available."

I wonder how the animated Boba Fett will be handled.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2007, 03:31 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 8, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  :)