Author Topic: Official C4 non-attendees beg for exclusive **** thread  (Read 57845 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Official C4 non-attendees beg for exclusive **** thread
« Reply #75 on: May 8, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  :)

Anytime, just remember us all who can't make it.  ;)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 9, 2007, 11:49 AM »
I wonder how the animated Boba Fett will be handled.

I'm just guessing here, but given SWS.com didn't exist at the last Celebration, they're probably going in blind and without a plan.  As a result of that I'd expect a free for all not at all unlike the Gentle Giant approach at CIII.  So if you're outside the exhibition hall and first in line, expect to be about #200 in line when you get in the doors ;)  I think they might be smart enough to have an alotment for each day but don't expect that to last more than five minutes after the doors open, if there are any even left. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #77 on: May 9, 2007, 12:03 PM »
The sad thing is that you are probably right. I hope the ebay prices are not too high on this one  :-\

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 9, 2007, 01:17 PM »
SWS.com didn't exist two years ago?  That doesn't sound right.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2007, 12:16 PM »
SWS.com didn't exist two years ago?  That doesn't sound right.

You are right, but I wrote what I meant poorly.  Indeed it did exist even three years ago but they were not in attendance with a booth at C-III.  So my meaning was that they haven't been there physically and experienced the joy of the mad rush for exclusives at a Celebration.  No booth presence at CIII = inexperience at CIV and probably be just like the GG booth was at CIII. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Indeed it did exist even three years ago but they were not in attendance with a booth at C-III. 

Well, you must have had one too many beers or something because they were at Celebration III.

Granted, they didn't have anything for sale there, but they were there with signings and freebies (those little red wristband dealies).   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2007, 02:56 PM »
So for you lucky individuals going who got pre-orders in at GG?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Indeed it did exist even three years ago but they were not in attendance with a booth at C-III. 

Well, you must have had one too many beers or something because they were at Celebration III.

Granted, they didn't have anything for sale there, but they were there with signings and freebies (those little red wristband dealies).   ;)

Is that where we got the posters?  No, that was the Hasbro booth with the free Attacktix right? 

Yeah, must have been too much beer, I have exactly zero recollection of those guys being there.  Well, I'll further ammend my statement to match yours.  They were there and didn't sell anything leaving them still unprepared for this year.

Dan,
I placed an order for jadesfire with GG.  She/I are splitting the order sort of and she/I ordered one of each. 

Edit: I clicked on Jeff's link and now I remember because they had the holo-Leia figure so they were near the front of the room a couple of booths over from Gentle Giant.  Not that memorable I guess :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 03:18 PM by Morgbug »

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2007, 05:14 PM »
So for you lucky individuals going who got pre-orders in at GG?
I got one of everything except the Yoda-R2 maquette for a collector friend in the UK.  Fortunately he didn't want one of the Yoda-R2 maquettes because it sold out long before I could get my order to process.

Now I think I can finally relax for the next two weeks.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2007, 05:31 PM »
If the ACME item shows up for pre-order, I'll try to snag that beforehand.  I really want the Koto Yoda and am torn between which booth to go to first:  sws.com, Hasbro or Koto.  They are all close to each other so it will be a toss up as to which line looks the shortest.

I'll have to stand in the regular store line (I still can't believe I never knew about that fast-pass) and hope that all the female shirts and pins aren't sold out after my shift ends at 8:30 on Thursday. 

I am just hoping Master Replica gets their head out of their ass and lets us pre-order.  It's not that hard for them to do.  Otherwise, it's another line decision I have to make  :-\.

Thanks again to Brent for fighting the GG server and getting me Yoda.  :)
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2007, 06:18 PM »
For those that need the ACME key, here's something I found at RS (which I forgot about earlier).

ACME Character Key-Preorder
Beth

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2007, 11:05 AM »
Beth - check your PMs.  :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2007, 07:35 PM »
From Morly at RS on the Tarkin preorder:

OK, THIS IS IT, GUYS:

The 200 keys for NON-ATTENDEES will go on sale Tuesday, May 15th, at 10am, PST. Again, PLEASE do not buy one of these if you are going to the show. It's kind of a crappy thing to do since you have an opportunity to get one from a much larger pool of keys!

The pre-order for ATTENDEES to pick up their keys at the show will take place two days later, Thursday, May 17th, at 10am.

We have set up a new site to take care of all of this. The site can be found at the following address:

Character Key Website

Good luck to everyone!

-Morly

Attendee Pre-Order Information

The Grand Moff Tarkin Character Key will be available for pre-order for customers attending Celebration IV. Attendee pre-orders can only be picked up at our booth (#404) and will not be shipped. Orders not picked up by 12 noon on Monday, May 24th will be canceled and offered to walk-up attendees on a first come, first serve basis. Please bring your order receipt with you when picking up. Celebration IV begins Thursday, May 24th and ends Monday, May 28th. We hope to see you there.

Non-Attendee Pre-Order Information

For our customers not attending Celebration IV, Acme will make available a quantity of 200 character keys for order online. These keys will not ship until June 1st.

There is a limit of one (1) piece per person - either Attendee or Non-Attendee. Please do not order from both pre-sales as we will be cross-referencing the lists in order to enforce the limit of one per person. Non-Attendee orders will not be available for pick up at our booth. There is an additional $3.00 shipping and handling flat fee for our Non-Attendee orders. Finally, PLEASE do not order one of the 200 Non-Attendee character keys if you are in fact going to attend Celebration IV. Thank you.

200 eh, this is going to go fast!  :-\

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2007, 07:00 PM »
I've been scrolling around various threads and can't seem to find the answer.  Is there an alloted amount of McQuarrie figures (the droids) for the Celebration Store each day?  Since it is open 24 hours I am hoping the answer is no (escpecially on Fan Club day).  I guess if you have a really late fast path, it would be pointless if they didn't let you get your four figures right?  So I am hoping the same is true for the regular line.  I know at C3 (and I think C2), they only sold around 10,000 per day and once those were gone - you were screwed(for that day anyways).

I guess I have the same question for the Hasbro Luke figure....any idea if there is a set limit to sell each day???

I already know the quantities on the KOTO Yoda, MR items, sws.com Fett, ACME frame just not the figures...
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2007, 07:10 PM »
Beth, I seem to recall seeing that the droids would be limited, I think to four per badge again like last time (or one per each day's individual badge), but that no limits had been put on the Luke figure (yet).  I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's what I recall hearing somewhere when these were first announced...