Author Topic: TRU 181st Elite TIE Interceptor  (Read 18497 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC TRU Exclusive TIE Interceptor
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Just a reminder that Hasbro said the following about the TIE Interceptor...

Will we see a TIE Interceptor with the new, more accurate, center pod - the improved center cockpit TIE pod that has been released on the standard TIE Fighter the last couple of times? If so, would it have the old 2-piece hatch or the newest, 1-piece, side-opening hatch seen on the upcoming white TIE Fighter? (AF, 01/26/07)

If we do another TIE Interceptor release (and it's high on our "wish list" for an exclusive release), then we would use the new pod with 1-piece hatch from the new white TIE fighter release.

So, if and when this arrives, it should have the same cockpit as the 30AC White TIE Fighter... unless of course they screw it up.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Just a reminder that Hasbro said the following about the TIE Interceptor...

Will we see a TIE Interceptor with the new, more accurate, center pod - the improved center cockpit TIE pod that has been released on the standard TIE Fighter the last couple of times? If so, would it have the old 2-piece hatch or the newest, 1-piece, side-opening hatch seen on the upcoming white TIE Fighter? (AF, 01/26/07)

If we do another TIE Interceptor release (and it's high on our "wish list" for an exclusive release), then we would use the new pod with 1-piece hatch from the new white TIE fighter release.

So, if and when this arrives, it should have the same cockpit as the 30AC White TIE Fighter... unless of course they screw it up.   :P

Which means the cockpit will be white, while everything else is grey/blue.  :D

Curto on RS hinted in a report a while back that the TIE Interceptor may wind up being Baron Fel's 181st Squad TIE Interceptor w/ Fel included. With the recent trend towards EU by Hasbro, it's not too much of a stretch to believe they would do it.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Curto on RS hinted in a report a while back that the TIE Interceptor may wind up being Baron Fel's 181st Squad TIE Interceptor w/ Fel included. With the recent trend towards EU by Hasbro, it's not too much of a stretch to believe they would do it.

I would categorise that as Curto hypothesizing, not hinting.  But just because it's posted on RS doesn't make it the truth.

Certainly, there are a few possibilities for the TIE Interceptor now.  Three that I can think of:

-Updated ROTJ TIE Interceptor with new cockpit section & hatch
-Baron Fel's EU TIE Interceptor
-Royal Guard EU TIE Interceptor

Now, consider the fact that the last TIE Interceptor we got was in 2001 or 2002 in the POTJ line.  That one feature the old cockpit with the battery compartment.  And with that one we got a POTF2 era TIE Fighter Pilot as a pack-in.  Fastforward to today, and we've got a new cockpit section and a new TIE Pilot (the SAGA Gold version).  That seems like a no-brainer combination before we start doing any kind of EU variations.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 07:29 PM »
I bet theyre just gonna do a straight repack of the old one, but put a picture of Baron Fel in the top, right hand corner so that everyone buys the Baron Fel basic figure they release separately.  :P

I will only buy this if it is Royal Guard or comes with an SA Baron Fel. Otherwise, its a total pass.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 11:03 PM »
I have 4 POTJ Int's so I won't sell them off just because of the battery compartment,

Me neither, but I only have two.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 01:17 AM »
They were wildly abundant around Pittsburgh, as was the AT-ST.  So I see them from time to time cheap here and wound up with 4...  Good stuff, at the time, but I'd love more...

If it's a 181st like CorranHorn mentioned, I might still get two...  I'd be more inclined for one, but two might be in order so he has a wingman.  Depends if the Fel figure is something special too.  Given the Death Star Gunner as a possible base with stuff added to it, that could be cool. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: April 9, 2007, 09:56 AM »
from TRU.com:

The TIE Interceptor starfighter slices through space at blinding speed with its dagger-like wings and ultrasleek design. Under the command of Baron Fel, the pilots of the 181st Imperial Fighter Group fly these fast, deadly fighters on the side of the Empire during the Battle of Endor. The red stripes on a 181st unit's TIE Interceptor are badges of honor, indicating that the pilot has destroyed ten or more enemy vessels. Each pilot's uniform also displays the red stripes, crediting him for his victories in battle. Canopy opens and closes! Press buttons to remove wings! Includes 181st Fighter Pilot figure!

« Last Edit: April 9, 2007, 09:57 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 9, 2007, 11:13 AM »
I'm glad there will be some red on this thing for the re-release, but I'm getting sick of TRU's inflated prices.  Wasn't this thing $29.99 during it's POTJ release?  How does a little red paint on the vehicle/fig warrent a $5 increase??
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: April 9, 2007, 12:21 PM »
If this actually includes a Baron Fel like the description implies, i will buy one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 9, 2007, 12:28 PM »
I'm a little surprised that they've gone in this direction.  But then this could tie in with the concept of the Comic 2-packs that are out this year.  It gives me the sneaking feeling that this vehicle is going to include a generic pilot, and that the rumored Rogue Squadron comic 2-pack might include Baron Fel and a Rogue Squadron pilot.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2007, 12:29 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 9, 2007, 12:52 PM »
According to a quick Google image search, the figure might look like this:

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #26 on: April 9, 2007, 01:23 PM »
^Yeah, it's basically the regular TIE uniform with red stripes.

I was going to pass, but since it's a 181st Int, I'm really considering it. I think, though, that Nicklab is correct that the Fel figure will show up in a comic 2-pack. The description says "includes 181st Fighter Pilot figure"--if they were including Fel himself, they'd certainly trumpet that in the ad copy.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 9, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Very cool! If its as good as it sounds and under thirty dollars, I'll take one to hang from my ceiling.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: April 9, 2007, 04:18 PM »
That's pretty cool to me, but odd...  Still, I'm up for 3 of these, especially at $35 (good priceIMO...  not great, but good).  A nice flight of 181st will go great on display I think.  I'm wagering the pilot shall blow though, as he's non-descript in the text there, and thus I dont' think we're getting a cool Baron Fel figure just yet.  Maybe soon though.  He'd be a great choice to me anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 9, 2007, 04:26 PM »
I was kinda hoping for a regular Interceptor since I missed out on it but this one sounds just as good. Hopefully we'll get the 2004 TIE pilot and not the POTF2 one again.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks